02/07/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. We’ve seen sunshine for six days in a row! I’m a happy girl. Smile

2. Cody came home from work with these flowers in hand the other day “just because”. How did I get so lucky?!

535659_4581287643090_2146992009_n[1]

3. Thoughts on The Bachelor? All I have to say is that ABC is doing an excellent job at getting me to not like Tierra. Ugh. C’mon Sean, get it together.

4. I was reading a magazine recently about warm, cool, and neutral skin tones. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what mine was, but finally came to the conclusion that I’m warm toned. It gave me a whole new perspective on make up and colors I should or shouldn’t wear. Super interesting!

5. I’ve determined that you really can’t beat Cold Stone. Sweet cream + cookie dough is my all time favorite!

image

6. A spoonful of Trader Joe’s Sunflower Seed Butter + Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chobani Bite = best decision ever. I’m telling you, you need this combo in your life.

7. It seems as though the whole salt and pepper shaker debate is still up in the air. I’m thinking I’ll just leave those for decoration and continue to use the salt shaker and pepper grinder we already have for regular use.

8. Baby Hunter has been kickin’ my booty lately so I’m off to bed folks! (I’m writing this Wednesday evening.) Make it a great Thursday!

• Tell me your thoughts on The Bachelor if you’re watching? Which girl is your favorite so far?
  • What do you think your skin tone is? Warm, cool, or neutral?
  • What is your favorite ice cream combination/flavor?

Comments

Now all I want at 7 am is a huge cup of Cold Stone sweet cream + cookie dough. I agree that it’s the best combo. Although maybe toss a little caramel in there too. hehe.

And I don’t know how I always get sucked into The Bachelor, but I do. Man, oh man, that Tierra is one character. I wonder if it’s all just played up or if she really is such a drama queen. Sometimes I think she 100% is and other times I think its a bit blown up and feel bad for her in a way. Whatever it is, ABC got me hooked again.

Oh my Tierra pisses me off….I feel like its all setup though and the show is making Sean keep her on for more drama…thats reality tv for ya ! Still love watching it though haha

I remember reading that you could determine your skin tone by looking at the veins in your wrist and seeing if they’re more green or more blue; green means warm, blue means cool. It was like… whaaa? They look like both! Yeah, the skin tone thing is a hard one, but makes it so much easier to pick out makeup. I’m cool, but I went in to get a makeup artist to tell me that… veins told me nothing ;)

I read that too… I’m guessing that’s not super accurate, but who knows. I think it’s based more on what colors go best with your skin.

Where did you see this article? I love reading random stuff like that! I used to always get sweet cream and cookie dough then I switched to cake batter and cookie dough. Basically anything with cookie dough is a winning combination! And ohhhhhhhhhh The Bachelor! I wonder if that whole freezing to death thing was real? I thin Tierra is really pretty and maybe that’s why he keeps her (or the show makes him for drama?) I like Des the best!

One of my fashion minded friends passed on these links to me to help me figure out my own: bit.ly/XPd0np and http://glmr.me/14Gx7v9 As for The Bachelor, I DID think Tierra was somewhat pretty… Until her true colors came out! That ruined her for me.

I can never figure out my skin tone either! Or my skin type, or my hair type, or my face shape… so I always have a hard time following the advice of magazines. :P

My favourite ice cream flavour is candy cane chocolate chunk! I hate that it’s only available around Christmas though.

Oh, the Bachelor… There is always that one crazy girl haha. I read a spoiler on who wins, so now I know!!! I used to try so hard to figure out my skin tone and I read somewhere that you look in the inside of your forearm in natural sunlight and see if your veins are blue or green.. if they’re green, you’re warm, if they’re blue, you’re cool!

#6 I have to DO! I have both of those things right now! I just bought more sunflower seed butter the other day!!!!!

Hope you are feeling great beautiful soon to be mommy!

I am actually a little turned off by the Bachelor right now, and it’s all because if Tierra! Ha ha seriously, I just can’t take her attitude and dramatics much longer! It is getting annoying to watch lol! To be honest though, I think Des will win. I really like Lesley, but I am not sure if her and Sean are for each other. I think she would make an awesome next bachelorette though! Anywho, just my thoughts! Ha ha

Gorgeous flowers by the way girl! :)

Aw such nice flowers! I’m going to go with sodelicious coconut ice cream (cookies and cream flavor!) with a chocolate cupcake and vanilla frosting. It’s 9:30am and that sounds really good right now!

We need to get Tierra off of that show! She’s starting to drive me bonkers!
    I love Coldstone! There used to be one near a movie theater where I would hang out in middle school and high school. It used to be the “cool” thing to go in and try to order as many toppings as possible.

Aw, what a nice husband! Flowers/presents for no reason are the best– who needs Valentine’s Day to show how much you care about someone?! And that ice cream…ahhh…that will be in my head all day!

Haha well if you knew my husband, you’d know he is NOT a fan of Valentine’s Day at all so I’m sure he’d be happy to hear you said that. :)

Lucky lady, those flowers are so pretty!
    Yah, I kind of feel bad for Tierra. I’m odd and always feel so bad for the one who they make look bad on TV, because it usually ends up ruining their relationships with even family, and I’m sure she can’t actually be like that, right? right? haha, I certainly hope not!

13. Amanda N says

We’re supposed to be getting a big Noreaster Friday/Saturday – some are even calling it a blizzard! Can you send over some of that sunshine please??? Cold stone is delicious! But luckily its kind of out of the way for me so I don’t go often, otherwise I might be there a lot! I’m waiting for the whole frozen yogurt thing to blow up here so the closest shop isn’t in the mall where I hate going…

Mmmhmm yep yessss the cold stone sweet creme is so so good! I usually add oreo cookies and chocolate sprinkles, but going with cookie dough is the next to do :) The one closest to me is rather far away though, but worth many trips during the summer!
    Impromptu flower deliveries would have me smiling ear to ear the rest of the day :)

Yeah I can’t stand Tierra!! There’s gotta be one every season. I really like Lesley, Desiree, actually pretty much any of the ones that are left besides her!