When Friday evening rolls around, the farthest thing from my mind is cooking up a big elaborate dinner after a long week. Is anyone else with me on this?!
As tempting as it is to get takeout or go out to eat (which we do end up doing every once in a great while), we try to keep things cheaper and make an easy meal at home. A majority of the time, our Friday evening dinner ends up being homemade pizza. We love pizza in our house, plus it’s easy, (can be) relatively healthy, and cheap. Homemade pizza may sound a little intimidating to some of you, but don’t let it! It truly can be one of the easiest meals to prepare!
A few ways to make it less time consuming and simple:
- use premade pizza dough
- use already shredded cheese
- buy already chopped veggies or chop them ahead of time
- keep toppings to a minimum
Having everything prepped to go ahead of time makes it super easy to roll out the dough, throw all the toppings on, stick it in the oven, and ta-da! Your pizza is ready to eat in no time!
We like to switch it up a bit, so we’ll vary our toppings and sauces depending on what we’re feeling. Our regular favorites are veggie & chicken sausage; pepperoni, black olives, & mushrooms; barbecue chicken; and last but not least, chicken alfredo.
Last night we went for the chicken alfredo, and it was so delicious I just have to share! We decided to try out a new pizza dough from Whole Foods, and it was a WINNER. Whole Foods Multigrain Pizza Dough – definitely try it out! It’s prepared for you, uses minimal all natural ingredients, and is only a buck ninety nine. Can’t beat that!
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Servings: 1 large pizza (about 8 slices)
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven & how you like your crust)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Whole Foods Multigrain Pizza Dough
- 3/4 cup Classico Light Alfredo Sauce
- handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Place pizza stone in oven & preheat to 400* F.
- Cook chicken in a skillet on the stove and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Carefully remove pizza stone from oven and roll out dough on stone.
- Place back in oven and let dough cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread alfredo sauce evenly over dough.
- Distribute the rest of the toppings (chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese) over the pizza.
- Place back in oven and cook for 15-20 more minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven, slice, and enjoy!
Hope you guys have a great Saturday!
- Do you ever make homemade pizza? What dough do you make/use?
- What is your favorite kind of pizza?