I Can’t Wait!

It’s FRIDAY! Woot woot!

This week has definitely proved itself to be a better one compared to last week. Thank goodness! Better sleep = happier Ashley.

I’ve been trying to savor every moment lately as I know our lives will drastically change in the next few weeks, but I can’t help but to be so excited for what’s to come. I find myself telling Cody, “I can’t wait!” about one thing or another often these days. From little things to big things, we have so much to look forward to these next several months!

As if this one wasn’t obvious enough, I can’t wait for baby Hunter to get here! I can’t wait to hold him, give him kisses, snuggle him, and be his mama.

baby2

I can’t wait for our families to come visit after Hunter’s birth. I miss them so much, and I think it’ll be so special when they meet him for the first time.

I can’t wait to make these Homemade Samoa Girl Scout Cookies! Cody and I were so excited to find this recipe.

I can’t wait to RUN again! This spring weather we’ve been getting has turned my desire to run into overdrive. I can’t wait to get back to it!

I can’t wait to shop for normal clothes again! I know that may sound silly, but I’m seriously SO sick of my maternity clothes at the moment. Not to mention I absolutely love shopping for spring and summer clothes. All of the bright colors and cute sundresses get me every time!

[source]

I can’t wait to go on lots of hikes this summer! We have tons of beautiful hiking trails within a half hour of our house that we haven’t done yet, so I look forward to trying them out.

4164_1141975422434_5482926_n[1]

I can’t wait for Cody to start his new job! I’m so excited for him and this new career path he’s taking.

This time of year is my favorite. The weather is getting nicer, the days are longer, and we can be outdoors more. It just makes me happy. Smile

Have a great day!

P.S. Thanks so much for all of your awesome freezer meal & snack ideas yesterday! You guys are awesome!

• What are you looking forward to in the near future?
  • What is your favorite part about spring?

Comments

Eee! You have so many exciting things to look forward to :D Right now, the thing I’m most looking forward to is some nicer weather. We’ve been hit with a freakish cold front up here and it’s been snowing for two days now. Spring can’t come soon enough!

AWW yay so excited for you guys! You’re in the home stretch! All my spring and summer clothes will have to be stretchy but at least I can avoid maternity jeans and get lots of bright maxi dresses? OMG its gonna be a HOT summer! haha!

Yes on all those things!! I’m so excited to get into normal clothing and hike this summer. I’m going to be dragging my baby everywhere (hopefully), hehe.

The best part of this week is today is my last day of work! Then I’m off to stay at home mommy world :)

4. Rebekah says

Such a cute post. It is wonderful that there is so much you can’t wait for. And not silly at all to want to shop for normal clothes again! I think every pregnant woman must feel that way!

Favorite part about spring would also have to be the weather and going hiking. The nearby trails I go to have animals who all have babies in the Spring (OMG, the baby goats are so cute!). I always go to see them :)

As much as I hate getting back on track after Daylight Savings, I love that it’s so much brighter in the evenings (perfect for late hikes). I’m looking forward to seeing some friends and getting out in the sun this weekend!

7. Katie says

My favorite part is opening all the windows & the “smell” of spring :D…& I’m looking forward to wearing normal clothes again! All my maternity clothes are getting reallllly boring!

I’m looking forward to being able to run again, too! I’m recovering from wisdom teeth extraction surgery so I haven’t been able to do anything for a week. I miss running so much! But I bet you miss it more… 9 months is a lot longer than 1 week ;) PS- that dress would look super cute on you!

I’m looking forward to work not being so busy for my bf and I but not sure when that is going to be but it’s my birthday in a month and he is taking my birthday day off so we can have a long weekend together which will be nice.

I’m looking forward to cooler weather here in Australia but only because when I visited hawaii I bought heaps of winter jumpers and clothes and I want to wear them. I’m sure once it’s winter here ill regret saying that :)

Girl, I am with you on so many of those things! I cannot WAIT to meet our little girl! For some reason, I am particularly excited about the thought today. It’s getting so close!

And I’m OVER my maternity clothes, too. I look forward to zipping up pants again in the (hopefully) near future! ;)

Reading about how nice the weather is where you’re at this week makes me both excited for you and sad that we’re still in winter weather advisories! Seriously–it’s cold and we’re supposed to get another 5+ inches of snow by the end of the weekend. Anyway, I’ll appreciate Spring that much more once it is here! :)

Spring is such an exciting time! It’s just like a birth for mother nature. :)

Non maternity clothes were one of my most favorite thing to dream about near the end of my pregnancy too. I loathed anything that resembled maternity wear!

Eeeek how exciting, Ashley! I totally feel your emotions and share with you in those “I can’t waits” :D You guys are going to be amazing parents~and I think Hunter will have a beautiful smile because of you two! Hahah. ps: that sundress is really cute, so no one can blame ya.

14. Liam Rubel says

Wishes you all good lucks for you new world of happiness and prosperity. You need to be patient to fulfill all your dreams and desires and i also loves the spring season with varieties of flowers blooming all over.

You are just so super pretty!!!! I couldn’t wait to have my waist back when I was pregnant. I remember looking at normal clothes while shopping and thinking how EVERYTHING seemed to come in at the waist and I was like seriously?!? lol

I can’t wait for the weather to change to run outside with the jogging stroller!!

I can’t even IMAGINE what it feels like to anticipate your baby being born. What a cool, exciting, scary, wonderful feeling! :)
    But yes- I can definitely imagine that you’re excited to have your body back (even though it looks freakin’ incredible right now!) and shop for “real” clothes.
    I love that photo of you and Cody. And to risk being inappropriate- dang- he’s hot!!