Catch Up Day

Yesterday was a “catch up day” for us. It was our day to slow down, relax, reenergize, and catch up on a few things for the upcoming week. Friday and Saturday were go-go-go with all of the wedding festivities, so we were ready for some down time yesterday.

2013-05-18_09-11-20_983

It was so nice to sleep in, slowly work our way into the morning, and make a yummy waffle breakfast.

We unpacked the car, started laundry, and I caught up on some blog stuff while Cody studied and Hunter snoozed.

We were finally all dressed and showered for the day by the time 3 PM rolled around. We decided to head out to Costco since we were out of some essentials. A Costco berry smoothie was calling my name as we headed out. Yum!

I had a few brown bananas hangin’ out in our pantry, so I put them to good use and made some chocolate chip banana bread when we got home. I have a feeling this loaf won’t last past tomorrow…

We managed to get in a nice walk too! It was rainy off and on all day, but we caught a little sunshine and took full advantage of it. Cody, the dogs, and I walked; Hunter snoozed in the Ergo carrier.

I also did some meal planning and figured out my workouts for the week. Check out what’s on the food and fitness agenda for the week later this afternoon! See ya then!

• Did you have a “catch up day” this weekend?
  • Do you ever eat at Costco? What’s your favorite thing to get?

Comments

Believe it or not, I’ve never been to Costco. Haha. I went to Trader Joes for the first time this year, so hopefully Costco is next! I have a feeling I’ll love it. And chocolate chip banana bread sounds delicious right about now.

Yay! I love those kind of Sundays! We had a nice day yesterday exploring our new neighborhood and going to church in the evening. Couldn’t have asked for a better day!

Omg, the first pic, so so so sweet!!!!!

Glad you had a good weekend, it always feels good to be home and back on schedule! <3

You seem so happy Ashley, and it makes me so happy! Sounds like such a marvelous weekend over at your house :) I spent yesterday catching up on things! I have been go go go for the past few weeks and weekends, and just needed some me time to unwind!

Nope, can’t say I’ve ever eaten at Costco, unless you count all those dang samples. haha Sometimes I wish I still had my membership… :)

I’ll need a rest day after next weekend. The hubs is going to be in a wedding, and we’ll be busy busy busby. I’m excited to see him all dressed up though!

I love Costco! My fiance and I love their hot dogs and their frozen yogurt. I’ve never tried the smoothie but it looks yum! So glad Hunter’s finally off the oxygen =)

7. Kaitlyn says

That picture of Cody and Hunter is adorable!! I hope everything has been going well since Hunter was taken off oxygen…It must be the best feeling ever for you!!

Those Costco berry smoothies remind me of my childhood! I used to get one of those plus a parmesan pretzel. I just about cried the day they replaced their pretzels with churros. I love catch up weekends. My weekend was more of a “fall very, very behind” weekend, but hopefully I can get on top of things by Memorial Day!

9. Amanda N says

The weekend in general is my catch up time but sometimes when we have busy weekends…things don’t happen as they should! I’ve gotten better about doing somethings during the week when I know we have a busy weekend coming up. Not a Costco member and I’ve never been, but I hear great things!

Apparently, this weekend was perfect for making Banana Bread! I tried out a new recipe (now on my blog) that was all whole wheat. I was impressed! I typically don’t put walnuts in mine, but this time I did! Yours looks fabulous.

11. Alison says

What a lovely weekend! Hunter is looking so adorable :)
    Oh my GOODNESS!! I used to get berry smoothies from Costco ALL the time! It was basically a tradition every time I went there with my mom (which was often)! You reminded me that I need to go get one soon ;)
    Have a wonderful week!

Sounds like an awesome day! I’m seriously jealous that you have a costco close to you. Closest one for me is a good 40 mins away. If it were closer, I’d be all over that!!! Don’t you love when daddy and baby snooze?! I always take a million pictures! haha