Hunter’s First Hike

It was a good weekend over here…

How ‘bout yours? Good I hope!

We checked off a couple of my favorite summertime activities this weekend – ice cream and HIKING!

I was so excited about our first hike of the summer. We decided on an easy out and back trail that led us to a beautiful little waterfall.

It was nothing crazy – only a couple miles, but it sure felt nice to enjoy the outdoors and get our hike on! I didn’t want to do anything too long or strenuous since I had Hunter strapped to me, and he would need to eat within a couple hours of us getting there. Plus, I have a ways to go to get back in shape to do anything too difficult.

The hike we found was a great choice. It wasn’t too hard, but just challenging enough for my muscles to feel it and get me a little out of breath. It took us about an hour to complete, which was perfect to get Hunter home in time to feed him.

We took the dogs too, and they loved playing in the water, finding sticks, and exploring.

They looked like they were in dog heaven!

Hunter did great the whole time. I fed him right before we left, strapped him into the Ergo carrier when we got to the trailhead, and he snoozed away the entire time. When we got back to the car, I took him out of the Ergo, and he was OUT. I guess the hike wore him out pretty good too. Winking smile

It was such a beautiful day, and I’m so glad we got to take advantage of it!

What did you do this weekend? Anything fun outdoors? Do you like to hike? How was the weather by you?

Comments

1. Sharon says

Congrats on your first hike !! We pulled out and washed off our bikes and the BBQ grill, and did some yard work. Nice weather in Portland means we can finally get all that stuff ready! Next weekend we planning a trip to the Farmers Market to find BBQ goodies for Fathers Day. :)

awww he does look totally passed out there! i love hiking and wish st louis had more places to hike, but actually i just did hear of a new to me park that i’ve got to check out!

3. lauren says

Is that the heart2heart newborn insert? If so, how do you like it? I just got the carrier and I’m planning to get the insert before our little guy gets here next month!

• says

I didn’t get an ergo carrier until my daughter was 4 months, but we used the infant insert for the next 2 months until she really grew out of it. I thought it was really indispensible because it provided so much extra support for her back and head.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Looks like a perfect day with your little family! I love hiking in the summer until July– then the southern humidity kicks in and I say daily prayers of thanks for air conditioning.

Oh, and can I just say, I love you took the dogs too?? It’s so nice seeing how well the four legged family members have adapted to little Hunter.

They have for the most part! We think Molly (the chocolate one) has some anxiety issues every once in awhile, but hopefully that will get better over time.

Looks like a great hike. We still need to make it out this year, I hoping this month sometimes.
    Our weekend was good, the weather was sort of crazy with a few mini storms so we took advantage of the weather when we could and did yard work.

Yay that’s so awesome and looked like a beautiful hike! I think I need to get an Ergo carrier. We have one (Petunia Picklebottom), but because I don’t like it, we don’t use it!!! But a carrier would definitely be helpful for those kind of adventures!

I LOVE the Ergo carrier – use it all the time! Hunter always snoozes in it, and it’s very comfortable for me too.

Looks like so much fun!! And Hunter is absolutely ADORABLE (which I’m sure you get told all the time, but had to add my voice to the lot!)

I did much the same this weekend – a lot of outdoor time. It’s the only way to spend the summer if you ask me :)

It looks like you guys had a great hike! I love getting out in nature like that. :-)

This weekend I went on a long urban hike/walk with my husband while wearing our daughter in our ergo carrier. :-) It actually totally wiped me out and when we got home, I had to lay on the floor to recover. But it was still excellent and we stopped at a coffee shop for a while where we got to people watch. The weather this weekend was a little overcast and chillier than it has been, but the clouds mostly burn off by the afternoon, so then there was some good sun. I just love summer.

OMG! The football onesie is adorable! How fun you took him on a hike! We’ve been talking about doing that with our little guy but now that he is 2 would have to keep it really short since his little legs won’t go too far. Luckily we’ve got an abundance of hiking trails in our area!

What a gorgeous hike, I love that waterfall and the weather looked perfect! Hunter is such a little handsome man! It’s good to see him without all of those tubes, poor baby.
    Hiking is one of my favorite things to do on the weekend, it feels so good to connect with nature for a while.

Beautiful pictures! I love that you went hiking with Hunter-you give me hope! One of the (many) reasons why I don’t think I’m ready for a baby is because I don’t want to have to give up the backpacking that my husband and I do frequently. Lately, though, I’ve been seeing so many parents taking babies on trips like that, and I think it would be so wonderful to expose our children to those kind of activities when they’re young.

12. Nicole says

Awwww! What a precious picture at the end! I’m sure the fresh air and sunshine did a lot for all of you (dogs included!).

How fun!!! Love that last picture of him. :) I think I already told you that we went to the farmers’ market. That was the only exciting part of the weekend. The rest was business as usual … feeding, changing diapers, and putting her to sleep. Over and over and over again haha!

It looks like you had a great weekend and beautiful weather! You are lucky! There was torrential downpours on Friday and half of the day on Saturday was nice. Yesterday was okay too but we are back to rain. I miss the sun.

Hunter is so adorable! :)