08/08/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. Time like, really needs to slow down. I’m so totally not ready for fall yet. As much as I love fall, I love summer more, and I’m not ready for it to go yet!

2. I’m getting SO stinkin’ excited for this girl. Can’t believe her little girls will be here any time now. Such a blessing.

3. It’s a rarity when Hunter falls asleep in my arms anymore. He’s a kickin’ and a movin’ all.the.time. these days. So when he randomly decided to fall asleep in my arms yesterday morning, I melted. It was the best 45 minutes of my day.

Capture

4. My sister and her boyfriend are coming to visit us over Labor Day weekend, and I cannot WAIT! Random fact: Her boyfriend’s name is also “Kody” (except he spells it with a “K”). My dad nicknamed them “Thing 1” and “Thing 2” to keep them straight. Ha!

5. Hunter is either teething or going through a “Wonder Week”. He’s been a little more fussy and clingy than his normal self this week, so something is up. Let’s be real though, his fussiness is hardly anything to complain about. He’s a pretty easygoing baby…must take after his dad. Winking smile

6. We discovered we have FIVE peaches on our peach tree! This is the first year they’ve produced any peaches, so we are super stoked. And better yet? They are the best peaches I’ve tasted all year. Yay!

7. September is going to seriously fly by. My sister and her boyfriend will be visiting at the beginning of the month, my in-laws are visiting in the middle of the month, it’s Cody’s birthday on the 14th, we are doing the Dirty Dash (can’t WAIT!), and we’re going to California for a friend’s wedding at the end of the month. Just typing that all out overwhelms me.

8. Will you please come over to my house just so I can show you how clean it is? I scrubbed the floors, wiped down the baseboards, cleaned the walls and doors, vacuumed, dusted and cleaned the bathrooms … it’s probably going to be dirty again within 24 hours, so you better hurry up.

9. Have a suuuuuper day!

Do you have any fruit trees? Are you more uptight/feisty or easygoing/laid back? Do you have anything fun or exciting coming up within the next month or two? How often do you scrub/mop your floors?

Comments

Yes…time is certainly flying by and I don’t like it one bit! I’m really not ready for fall or winter to come. I love the summer!!

My parents actually have an orchard with peach, pear and apple trees. Fresh fruit right off the tree is SO amazing and delicious!

I wish our apartment was super clean. I came home from a week away travelling for work (which I’ll be doing for the next 6 weeks) to find a still unclean apartment thanks to my boyfriend :)

Those peaches do sound so delicious. It is so much better having home grown produce.

Well yesterday it was 104 degrees here at 6:30 pm… I’m ready for fall! I’m learning to be more laid back :-) Growing up we had a fig tree and Joe’s family had a clementine tree. I don’t think there are too many fruit trees in Texas though!

I’m definitely uptight haha. I need to learn to relax and go with the flow. I can’t control everything so I need to just CHILL.OUT. I think my house probably needs a good scrub down. And yes, please don’t end summer. I need you. lol

I can’t believe summer is almost over, either. The kids in the area started school yesterday. And it’s so weird that I’m not going back to work. I also can’t believe that I turn 30 in less than a month. 30. When did that happen?!

6. Amelia says

Haha, you crack me up with the comments about your floors. :) You’re more than welcome to come to my house and clean and I’ll watch Hunter for ya! I loathe mopping/ cleaning baseboards/ vacuuming stairs. However, I do feel much better once the whole house is clean….oh and clean sheets on the bed, nothing better!

Lucky you and having a peach tree. We are enjoying SC peaches right now. While we don’t have peaches in our yard, I have plenty of lettuce, basil, okra, peppers, tomatoes, and a few baby watermelon. Enjoy your Thursday :)

Haha you won’t believe this, but my sister and I are both dating guys named “Andrew.” My parents are ALWAYS getting them confused! Depending on how they feel about a specific Andrew that day, he’ll either become Andrew 1 or Andrew 2. They switch it up. So funny.

It’s so crazy that we’re already getting close to September! Where did the summer go?
    I had an apple tree in the backyard when I was a kid, which was always awesome in the Fall. Now, my dad has a veggie and herb garden like I love to raid ;-)

Peaches have been amaaaazing lately! When my family stopped by Georgia on our road trip, we picked up some fresh peaches from a roadside stand. Let me tell you, they were just perfect. Ahhh summer. And I agree, summer is flyin’ by! Stop!
    My mom always tells us how she loved when we fell asleep in her arms as babies. She says she wished she could stay holding us like that forever :)

You are inspiring me to mop. Must.mop.floors.now.so.unmotivated.

We have a busy couple of months! Next week, we’ll be in Boston ALL week and then to the Cape. Then, my BF’s good friend from Germany comes to visit. Then, my parents come to visit. Just like that, summer is over!

We don’t have fruit trees but there is a wonderful orchard near us, and it’s a lot of fun to go peach picking (we just went recently. the peaches were delicious but very tiny. i like yours better!)

Our apt is pretty clean too–but still kinda messy with dealing with that extra room. hah!

I think thats so awesome you have a peach tree!!!! YUMMM!!

I had an apple tree in college (my dad owns the condos that I lived in), and that is actually where I met Jared (I was out picking apples when he happened upon me & my roommate. It’s a good story. hah) So fruit trees have a special place in my <3

I don’t know if I’d call myself “fiesty,” but I am very anxious. I’ve always had issues with anxiety (at least since I can remember), and I definitely still work through being overly anxious about little things on a daily basis.

Also, I’m obsessed with all of your adorable Hunter pictures….:)

13. Stacey says

We have 2 apple trees and I hate them with a passion… and I eat 2 apples a day. They drop millions of apples all over our yard and we have to rake them up so we can haul out with the tractor before we can mow. It gets a bit overwhelming. Perhaps if they weren’t in our actual yard, but more our pasture we wouldn’t care as much. Thankfully they only produce every other year (we actually can spray them so they don’t produce but we never remember).
    We also have a pair tree which is much more stress-free. Either way the dogs LOVE to eat the fallen fruit! Perhaps we just need 5 more dogs? :)

I relate to the time flying by aspect because I can’t believe my daughter is almost 8 weeks old, yiiiiikes! So glad I document things here and there because of that. ;) And whenever I’m able to clean stuff up around the house I feel like I accomplished something monumental, lol!

Time is definitely flying by but I’m so excited for fall! My favorite time of the year and I can’t wait! I miss having a little baby sleeping on me. The Love Nugget very rarely fell asleep on me either so when those moments happened I cherished them so! I remember leap weaks, so fun! As is teething :-) Good luck!

16. Amanda N says

I used to do the floors once a week but noticed they weren’t bad so I went every 2 weeks with sweeping/vacuuming in between. But late in pregnancy and with the baby they hadn’t been down in a while….I got to do them this week and I got SO excited haha I was able to do the floors and some dusting one day and the bathrooms the next day. It felt so great to have the house all sparkly clean! Now today its a little disorganized but oh well!

My Dad has some fig and peach trees…neither of which I like….. but I love getting veggies and herbs from my parents!