Currently (3rd Edition)

Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Because let’s be real, as much as I try to be happy about Mondays, Fridays are much happier. Winking smile

If I’m being honest here, I’m really lacking any sort of post ideas for today. Major writer’s block. So this is where a fun survey or my babbles come in to play. Hope you don’t mind! I did a couple “Currently” posts over the course of the last several months, so I thought it’d be fun to do another one to catch you up to speed on what’s currently going on in this little life of mine.

Current Book:

Baby Led Weaning! I’m slowly making my way through it. I go in phases with reading… Sometimes I read a TON while other times I am lucky if I open my book once throughout the week. Lately, it’s been the latter. I do love this book’s concept, but it’s not like one of those books that keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole time, you know what I mean?

Capture

Oh, and if you’re clueless on the whole “baby led weaning” concept, it’s just the idea that you feed your baby sliced up (small) pieces of whole foods and let them feed themselves rather than pureeing and spoon feeding them. I’m loving the concept so far, and I’m hoping it works for us!

Current TV Show:

Prison Break. We’re a couple episodes into season 4 and still enjoying it! The third season wasn’t my favorite – a little bit too much gore and torture for my taste, but I guess that’s what they were trying to get across. I’m liking season 4 a lot though … it has that Oceans 11 vibe going on, ya know?

Current Excitement:

New curtains! Yay, yay, yay! I’ve been wanting curtains since we moved in, but other expenses kept popping up so they kept getting pushed to the side. We’ve had the blinds from the get-go, but I wanted some curtains to add some extra color and décor to the room. Mission accomplished!

IMG_1921

Everything looks a little “softer” in person. The flash distorted the colors a bit.

Current Exercise:

Still pluggin’ along with my Best Body Bootcamp workouts and loving them! Next week I start Phase 4, so only two weeks left. I have no idea what I’m going to do after that though. I do love the structure and having a workout schedule, but I’m not sure I’m willing to fork out money for it. I suppose I could make my own, but that’s extra time and work. Hmm, we’ll see!

Current Nail Color:

Got my Jamberry Nails on! These nail shields are the bomb. I just love them. Super cute, fairly simple to apply, and so unique. Stay tuned for more info on Monday afternoon!

Capture

Current Bane of My Existence:

FLIES! Dang flies are driving me crazy lately. Whenever it’s hotter outside, we seem to get more in our house.

Current Food:

Still absolutely loving on this cereal topped with blueberries. I know, I sound like a broken record, but I just can’t help myself!

Current Drink:

Coffee. And water. Same ol’, same ol’, but just as wonderful as always.

Current Indulgence:

Cookie dough, cookie dough, cookie dough. Sometimes I do my protein version, but other times I’ll add 3 T flour, 1.5 T brown sugar, 1 T melted butter, and 1 T almond milk to a mug, give it a stir, and voila – single serving cookie dough. I love it because it keeps me from eating the entire bowl!

Current Outfit:

IMG_1913

Top – Ann Taylor LOFT; Shorts – Hollister (oooold)

Current Photo:

I can’t decide if I like the way Cody is looking at Hunter or the way Ryan and Hunter are cuddling each other more. I just love everything about this photo.

Capture

That’s all I got for today my friends!

Hunter and I are making a trip to Costco, I’m doing a few things around the house, and then tonight we’re going over to our friends’ house for a barbecue. Gotta fit them in before summer ends!

Catch ya later!

Do you like to decorate? Tell me some of your currents – food, drink, nails, outfit, excitement? What are your Friday evening plans?

Comments

New curtains are the best, right!?! They just totally change the look of a room!!! I’ve heard so much about prison break, but have yet to watch it. I really need to do that asap! Have an awesome weekend!!

i know prison break is all the rage right now but that so does not sound appealing to me! i love your jamberry nails! i tried jamberry once and didn’t love them.. i thought they were hard to put on (more hard to cut/file to make look nice) love that pattern though!

Can’t wait to hear more about those nails… SO cute. I saw this advertisement yesterday for a show coming about Stay At Home Dads! It looked really funny. I can’t remember what it’s called but I’m looking forward to trying it out. Have a good weekend Ashley!

I love to decorate but as I’m still in college, we have no money whatsoever to do so. It breaks my heart though! We bought a new condo last october and I’m dying to create a more ”personalized” décor!

I love love love your nails! It’s so pretty and different! Can’t wait until Monday ;)

My evening will be filled with cupcake baking! I need to bake a batch for my nephew’s birthday tomorrow. I’m excited :)

I’m not a super natural at it… It takes me a lot of time to figure out what I want because of my indecisive nature. ;) And I certainly don’t just have an “eye” for things like some people do. But I’ve gotten better. I like seeing an idea of someone else’s and then copying them. Hehe.

I do like to decorate but it is not easy for me! Took me years to get our home to where I was happy with it.
    Current tv show – Dexter, Current drink – tons and tons of water, Current indulgence – oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made from Iowa Girl Eats :)

I am so with you flies driving me crazy! We like to eat outside but I can’t handle the flies lately! We bought a trap but it’s one of those that smells horrible after a few days. So then we bought fly strips and those are gross because then there are dead flies hanging on our patio. Fall and cooler weather can’t come soon enough! Love your nails! I haven’t tried Jamberry but am going to look into it!

7. ashley says

i saw the picture of your 3 boys on instagram last night! there is just so much cuteness going on in that picture!!! i just noticed now that hunter is playing with ryan’s lip!!! so freaking adorable!

You look SO great and beautiful!

Ok, I might need to get that book too! Sounds like it would be helpful when Rocco gets to that stage of eating, which will come fast!

Flies here too! I hate them! One thing I am excited about when it gets to be fall and winter, no flies!

Happy weekend and have fun at the BBQ and the 5k tomorrow!! <3

I seriously wanna try jamberry nails!!! I am currently SO tired. Ugh, what gives?!? I’m going to take Nia on a walk when she wakes up from her nap. We gotta mail something for Tyler and then pick up a few things like bananas and almond milk!

I wish I was good at decorating…I can hang pictures up on the walls, but that’s about as far as it goes ;-) I love the picture of Cody, Hunter and Ryan, that’s too cute! I think I need to look into Jamberry nails, it’s so rare that I’m actually willing to sit down and paint mine.

11. Nicole says

I wish I liked to decorate – cuz my place needs it!! It also needs the cabinets re-done (I guess that’s more of a “want” rather than “need”, but it would really perk the place up!)

Current food: Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
    Current drink: If I need a caffeine boost – Diet Mountain Dew
    Current thing to look forward to: A massage on Sunday!
    Current Friday Evening Plans: The BF has a phone interview for a new job today. Once he gets done with that, we’re going to meet up for a late lunch at a local pub. :)

12. Melissa says

Give http://www.dailyhiit.com/ a try. I’ve been doing it for almost 10 months, and I really love it! The workouts are free, there’s a new one each day, and they’re quick! The website is a little confusing, so I just follow the girl on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyHiit.LisaMarie) and view the workouts from there. And even though she looks a little scary, she’s really sweet and the workouts will kick your butt! Let me know if you try it ;)

13. Stacey M. says

Happy to hear you’re still enjoying Prison Break … I agree with you about the third season. It was my least favorite of all, but thankfully season 4 is much more exciting. Is season 4 the last (I think so, but I can’t remember for sure)?
    I also wanted to ask about the cookie dough cereal you’ve been loving … what does it really taste like? Does it have a soggy texture because of all of the milk? Or is that what makes it good? Just curious because I’ve been eyeing it for a while myself and am seriously ready to give it a go …
    Lastly, I just wanted to mention how much more I enjoy reading your blog now. It’s refreshing to read about you just “living” your life instead of focusing solely on fitness and nutrition. While those things are important, there are SO many other things in life that are MORE important – like family. I love your laid-back, relaxed attitude about life … it’s much more relatable.

Yep, season 4 is the last one. The cookie dough cereal … hmmm, it’s certainly not crunchy, but I wouldn’t call it “soggy”. It’s chewy, like cookie dough. It obviously doesn’t taste JUST like cookie dough, but it has a similar taste/consistency. You should just try it out! If you don’t like it, no biggie! And thanks for the feedback on the blog. My priorities have definitely shifted over the past couple years! Still loving fitness and nutrition, but no longer in an obsessive way, thank goodness.

So we’re almost to six months (5.5 mos) and I haven’t started reading that book yet. I’ve known for his whole life that I wanted to try the baby led weaning and just haven’t gotten around to it. I’m actually going to a class tomorrow about it, so I’ll post my thoughts soon! Do you know when you’re going to start it? Aiden can sit up by himself now, but everytime I try to put something in his mouth (things for teething or a baby spoon), he gives the worst face. I don’t feel like he’s really ready yet.

I’ll start introducing foods to him around 6 months like they recommend. I offered him part of a banana last week, and he had absolutely NO interest in it. Ha! I’m in no rush though. I feel like we just got the hang of breastfeeding! ;)

Resting after a busy day at work :) Interested in finding out more about the nails and whether or not their chip proof! I’m a big Shellac and Gelish fan! Current food….the PB and Jelly squares I have up today! No bake..you’d love em!

16. Holly says

Cute curtains, Ashley! I love that pic of your 3 boys! So cute! Makes me want a lab! : )

Current food: Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
    (http://pinterest.com/pin/64598575878445868/)
    Current drink: Water & Zico Chocolate Coconut Water & Teeccino coffee alternatives
    (www.teeccino.com)
    Current indulgence: King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Brownies paired with Vanilla Island Coconut Bliss ice cream! Yum!
    Current Friday evening plans: Going out to dinner for my 30th birthday to Hopdoddy Burger Bar!

17. Holly says

Thanks Ashley! I also want to add:

Current show: Suits on Netflix! If you haven’t seen it, you guys should watch it! :)

18. AFlew says

I ran across your blog today when I searched for cookie dough. But I have to tell you we did BLW with both our kiddos (3&5) and it was so easy and worth it! I am a big advocate for it. There’s also a FB group you can join that was really helpful. The only downside was a few people, mainly my mom, were not for it all. So you might get a little push back, but even now my mom has backtracked on her initial reaction as my kids have been such good eaters and most importantly – eat independently. It was so nice not buying baby food too!

I’ve always been a huge water and almond milk fan, but I recently fell in love with reduced-fat 2% milk with added DHA. Horizon Organic and Organic Valley even make versions with Omega 3s added from fish oil. This milk tastes AMAZING on top of the cookie dough cereal, which is still one of my favorites!

As for fitness, I’ve been loving circuits, especially from PB Fingers, and yoga group fitness classes. In fact, I’m hosting a free registration giveaway Inspired Yoga + Run in Jacksonville, Florida on my blog until August 26. Feel free to stop by if you’re a fellow yogi who loves the beach. :)