09/05/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. The three day weekend really is making this week FLY by. Tomorrow is already Friday?! I’ll take it.

2. Even though we aren’t officially starting solids yet, occasionally I will give Hunter a piece of banana to touch and feel. In the past, he either didn’t pay any attention to it or just stared at it. This time he actually tried to pick it up and played with it! I was so excited. It was smeared allll over his arms and legs. Ha!

3. Thanks so much for all of your support and encouragement yesterday! You guys are seriously the best. Wouldn’t it be SO FUN if all of us could take a fitness class together?! Best day ever.

4. GUESS WHAT?! Season 2 of Revenge is on Netflix now! This news made my life. Perfect timing since we just ended Prison Break.

5. Mommy brain is for real you guys. I’ve left my purse in a shopping cart in the parking lot, lost my debit card, left my wallet in a store, walked out to the car to realize I also left my keys in the same store, and seem to always forget an important item at the grocery store all since Hunter was born. Oy.

6. Hunter is almost rolling from his back to his belly. He’s sooo close. It’s just his shoulder that keeps getting him stuck. It’s so fun to watch his new developments.

7. Fall is totally in the air, and I’m finally feeling excited about it. The mornings and evenings are much cooler, and I’m loving it! Bring on the scarves and boots, pumpkin everything, and comfort food puh-lease!

8. My youngest brother started his first year of college. Can this even be possible? I’m getting old.

9. Make your Thursday a great one!

Tell me some of YOUR thoughts on this beautiful Thursday!

Comments

I love that pic of Hunter! He looks so cute and so happy! How exciting that he showed interest in the banana! I getting more and more excited for fall myself! In fact, I think it’s time to whip up some pumpkin soup this weekend!

2. Katie says

I gave Drake a little piece of Avocado last night (we haven’t started foods yet either) but he LOVED it! Oh & Mommy brain..Amen.

One thought on this beautiful day…Excited for PUMPKIN SEASON!

3. Amanda N says

I’m excited for fall as well! Also loving that its been cooler in general – warm but not as humid. I’m looking to family dinner night (every thursday with my parents) as I’m making zucchini noodles!

my cousin has a baby and she showed me this thing that allowed them to suck on fruit so they’re just getting the juice and not anything else… itz like a mesh thing almost like an oversized pacifer but you put the fruit in the mesh part so they can start tasting fruit. have you heard of this or seen it?

No!! I’d love to hear more though! Let me know if you ever find out what the name of it’s called. I’ll look around for it!

I have had similar mommy brain moments: on Sunday I left my wallet in a Babies R Us shopping cart in the parking lot. Luckily it was still there twenty minutes later.
    How exciting about Hunter rolling over!

I am so excited for fall too! And Hunter’s developments are so exciting :)
    Right now I’m finally trying Gina’s cookie dough cereal and it is fantastic. I can see why you love it so much. But quick question–am I supposed to let it sit with the milk overnight or just assemble it all at once in the morning? Because hers looks so much thicker!
    Have a great Thursday!

7. Sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com says

I love fall! Mainly because I can wear boots again too! And the leaves changing colors is one of my favorite things in the world. When I moved to Florida for a few years, I desperately missed the leaves

Sadly, mommy brain only get worse with age/more kids. Lol. I’m surprised I can talk to adults.

E is really trying to roll too. I keep telling him to wait a few more months. I am so not ready for mobility in my mess of a house!

9. Melissa says

Hunter is oh-so-precious! Loving him so happy with that banana :)

I can only imagine mommy brain. I guess I’ll look forward to that someday??

My little sister just graduated from college and is starting her first full time job in sales next week. I feel crazy old!

Yay, fall! I love fall.

Right now the weather in SF is FINALLY summer. I don’t need a jacket in the morning, and we’re getting in a ton of pool time. Loving it.

I wish today was more beautiful. We had a thunderstorm come through last night and early this morning. It was quite eventful! A great thing that happened today is that I got free street parking downtown! Score! :)

12. Amelia says

Yay for Hunter discovering bananas! Back when I was a nanny, meal time was my favorite because I got to introduce the little one to all sorts of new foods and textures. Watching a baby go from strictly breastmilk/bottle to cereal, then different vegetables, fruits all the way up through toddler years is AMAZING! I can’t wait for the time for us.

Hooray for long weekends = shorter weeks. I am incredibly envious of your fall temps. It is still blazing hot here in Charleston with no relief in sight. I can’t jump on the pumpkin bandwagon or even think of drinking a PSL from SBux until October when chance would give me a crisp morning. ;) Also looking forward to the comfort bowls of chili & homemade corn bread.

YUP! My brain is nowhere to be found. I keep doing stupid, preventable things that just make my life more difficult! Ugh!!

I’m kinda excited for fall. I started thinking about pumpkin oats this morning!!!