20 Q&A’s About Yours Truly

Hey party people! Happy Friday!

We’re having a fun but busy week over here. Yesterday I had my first official MOPS meeting (loved it and all the wonderful ladies in my group!), and I’ve been busily preparing for Cody’s birthday, cleaning the house, and doing endless loads of laundry. I also went to go pick up our bibs and packets for The Dirty Dash! I’m so darn excited I can hardly stand it.

Some of you bloggers within the healthy living niche may have seen “The Sunshine Award” going around lately. Those of you that aren’t bloggers, it’s just a fun little “award” where you tag other bloggers, they answer your questions, and then we all get to know one another a little better. Fun, right? My inner junior higher loves these little surveys, so let’s get to it!

sunshine-award

P.S. Here are the official “rules” in case you’re interested:

1.  Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2.  Link to the person who nominated you 3.  Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4.  Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.

The lovely Holly @ Eat Great Be Great and Linz @ Itz Linz both tagged me, so I’m going to answer their questions!

Holly’s Questions:

1.  When is your birthday?

March 4!

2. What’s your favorite TV show?

Parenthood – I hope Netflix gets itself together and adds the next season soon!

3. What’s your favorite thing about fall?

What’s not my favorite thing about fall? I love it all – scarves, sweaters, and boots; pumpkin flavored everything; candy corn; the changing leaves; Thanksgiving, etc. etc. etc.

4. Sweet or savory?

I dream of cupcakes floating around my head if that gives you a clue.

5. What’s your dream job?

Being a mommy. Dream = reality. I’m one blessed lady.

6. What book are you currently reading?

Uhhh, none? I need to get on that… I have the second Hunger Games book reserved at the library if that counts for anything.

7. What time do you typically wake up in the morning?

Usually between 6:30 – 7 AM. I would really love to start getting in the habit of waking up around 6 so I can workout before Hunter wakes up, but I’m not really sure my boobs would love that. (TMI? Whoops. Just keepin’ it real folks.)

8. What’s your favorite holiday?

Christmas!! Pretty please let it be a white Christmas?! We are staying in Utah for Christmas this year. In the past, every year we’ve left for Christmas, Utah got snow, and every year we’ve stayed, Utah doesn’t get snow. Praying for snow this year. And then it can all go buh-bye!

9. What’s your ideal vacation spot?

Anywhere that involves a beach, sunshine, hammock, and margarita in my hand, and I’m good to go.

10. What’s your favorite animal?

Labrador Retriever. Good thing we have two of the cutest around. Winking smile

Linz’s Questions:

1. Favorite nut butter?

Linz, why must you ask such difficult questions? Can’t I just love them all? Kidding. Kind of. I’m a total weirdo and categorize my nut butters, so here we go… My favorite “every day use” nut butter would be Adam’s All Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter. My favorite “dessert” nut butter would be Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. And my favorite “runner ups” would be Trader Joe’s Cocoa Almond Spread and Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful. Obviously I’m an obsessive nut butter lover. Call me crazy, I don’t care.

IMG_2056

2. You have the option: fro yo or ice cream…but you can only have one…forever!

Gahhh you’re killin’ me Linz! I love both, but I’d probably have to go with good old fashioned ice cream. Nothing beats rich and creamy full fat ice cream.

3. Dream car?

I really don’t pay much attention to vehicles. Is that weird? I guess I just think how ridiculous it is that you can spend 50 grand (or more) on a piece of metal and then it loses its value *like that* as soon as you drive away from the car dealership. Not to mention the possibility of someone running into you at any moment. Sorry, but I guess that’s just the realistic and practical side of me. Rant over. For reals though, I wouldn’t mind a Chevy Tahoe someday. Love those things.

4. If you could only do one type of workout for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Body Pump classes! They’re so fun, they make me feel super buff, and they’re always switching things up.

5. Best magazine?

I don’t really read magazines anymore, but I’ll go with Sunset or People.

6. All food is “healthy” for you. What do you choose to indulge in?

Brownies, cookie dough, thick crust pizza, barbecue bacon cheeseburger, ice cream, curly fries. OK, just typing all of that at once makes me kind of want to barf, but individually each of those things sound really delicious to me.

7. What decade would you like to experience?

The 50’s! I think the poodle skirts and swing dancing (I think that’s when they did swing dancing?) sound fun to me.

8. Favorite form of social media?

I totally go in phases with this one… Sometimes it’s Instagram, other times it’s Twitter, and still other times it’s Facebook. It’s definitely between those three though.

9, What would you rather do without: internet (computer, phone, etc.) or dessert?

Oh boy, as much as I love the internet, I don’t think I could ever go without my beloved dessert.

10. What makes you unique?

I’m never a fan of this question… I never really know what to say so I’m going to copy Annette on this one. Simply put, I’m ME – that’s what makes me unique. Smile

—————————————————————-

Ok, I’m going to be a rule breaker here (totally uncharacteristic of me, mind you), and skip the “tag you’re it” part of things. There’s far too many amazing bloggers out there, and I’m already indecisive enough as it is. If you’re wanting to participate in this fun little survey though, feel free! I tag you!

We’re off to hang out with my in-laws and meet Cody at work for lunch, so I’ll catch ya later!

Your turn!

What time do you wake up in the morning?

What’s your ideal vacation spot?

Favorite nut butter?

Favorite form of social media?

And/or tell me your answers to any of the other above questions! Smile

Comments

I also think that is my ideal vacation too :)

Drooling at that cookie dough ice cream! I also would probably choose ice cream over froyo.

I wake up at 6am, I loved our holiday to Hawaii earlier this year so that was probably my favorite vacation spot, but anywhere with sun and beach makes me happy. I love almond butter, we don’t have the same extensive range of nut butter flavours you have there just the standard nut flavours :)

Love this!
    I typically wake up at 4:30AM/ Favorite nut butter is Crazy Richards All-Natural Chunky Peanut Butter/ Favorite form of social media is a tie btw. IG and twitter…like you, I go in phases.
    Happy Friday!

I enjoyed reading your answers! I also think Tahoe’s are cool… must be a mom thing ha. I usually wake up at 4:35 (yuck). And I’m gonna go with your vacation answer and say beachy. When I was in treatment and wanting to leave Joe told me if I stayed he’d take me anywhere in the world one day. I’m thinking one of those glass bottom huts in Fiji? Let me know if you and Cody want to join ;-)

um i love your answer to favorite nut butter!!! ok if cost weren’t a factor at all, it would totally be justin’s maple almond butter (though i’ve never had vanilla!). or cashew butter – that stuff is so decadent but itz also so expensive!

Usually between 6:15-6:45am.
    I really would love to go to southern Italy and France. But out of places I have been Costa Rica is our favorite.
    MaraNatha Almond Butter hands down.
    I am 100% Twitter addicted.

These days I usually wake up around 6:05, because that’s when Brandon’s alarm goes off. Then I’m either lazy and lay in bed for a few more minutes, or I get up and work out or do my Bible study.

Ideal vacation spot … we love Marco Island, Florida. But a real dream would be to go to Hawaii again! I went when I was 12, but that was 18 years ago!!

That quiz was a lot of fun! I’ve been waking up at 7:00 these days and that’s actually late for me. My bf is the king of sleep and since he doesn’t work until later in the afternoons he gets up at 9am. What a bum! haha. Love your answers, keep the blog posts coming! :)

I’m a fan of the beach too! My husband and I went to Aruba this year and it was amazing. When it comes to social media, I’m a little behind. I recently got a Twitter, but my heart’s not really in it. So much hashtagging and retweeting, I can’t keep up!!

During the week I get up around 5am to get up with my wife for an hour before she leaves for work. I then go back to bed (most days) until around 8:30 and then get up and get ready for my own job. I’m awesome like that. LOL

Ideal vacation spot? Hmm…I LOVE San Diego and have been twice, but I don’t have much else to go on. I’d love to visit lots of places though – Ireland and Australia top the list.

Favorite nut butter? I really only eat peanut butter. I’ve tried almond butter, but didn’t like the flavor (which is interesting because I like almonds).

Fave social media is probably Facebook. I haven’t really gotten into Instagram or Twitter, though I do use Pinterest and love it. It’s such a giant time-suck though.

What time do you wake up in the morning? My alarm goes off at 5:15, but I have been known to just lay in bed and play with my phone until 6.

What’s your ideal vacation spot? Anywhere in nature! Mountains, beaches, redwoods, palm trees, doesn’t matter. I just like taking a breather from the city life!

Favorite nut butter? Probably almond butter, but I won’t say no to Sunbutter.

Favorite form of social media? Facebook, but I’ve been becoming a fan of the Twitter lately

11. Becky says

I’m heading to my first MOPS group next week! (My son is 6 months old) And I totally feel ya on Parenthood and Netflix!! Come on!!!!

I wake up between 6:30-7:00 am currently. We have been all over the place with Aiden. I still wake up with him it seems. I’m ready for these sleep patterns to regulate a little more. That Mrs. Fields cookie dough ice cream looks great! Holy cow.

13. Stacey says

I watched all of Parenthood from the library… see if yours has them. It’s free! Unless of course you’re up to last year’s season. That won’t work :)

14. Amanda N says

Can I just say that hammock looks so comfy and perfect for napping….

wake up in the morning? – Around when my little one gets up or a little earlier. Lately between 6-6:30AM

Favorite holiday? – New Years by far, always has been my favorite holiday.