This Weekend Was Just What I Needed

You guys, this weekend was really just perfect in so many ways. It was just what I needed. The last few weekends have been pretty busy all around, so it was nice to get caught up on some quality time with my little family and get some other random things done.

Friday evening started out with a date night for Cody and me. We got creative and managed to pull one off with no sitter needed! We grilled bratwurst, sweet potato wedges, and corn on the cob, and had a picnic in the yard since the weather was perfect. We went on a little family walk around the neighborhood, put Hunter to bed, and ended the evening with ice cream and Now You See Me from Redbox (great movie!!). It was so nice to spend some time just us.

On Saturday morning, I completed a workout while Cody went to play basketball with some friends. We also managed to wash both of our vehicles, help our neighbors pack up to move (sad!), and clean up our own house a bit. Then the evening ended with great friends!

Annette and her husband, Jared, came over for dinner, dessert, and some quality hang out time. They brought over Barbacoa (similar to Chipotle) for dinner which was super sweet of them. I had a burrito salad topped chicken, black beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, and cilantro – delicious!

I made this amazing cookie-brownie dessert too. Check it out – it’s super easy and got two thumbs up by all of us! (Let’s be real, it’s not super photo friendly, but I swear it tasted great!)

photo 1

Annette and I chatted away about all things pregnancy, babies, food, fitness, blogs, you name it (the pups joined in too)…

photo 5

…while the boys talked technology and who knows what else.

photo 2

(Thanks for the photos Annette!)

We always have a blast with these two and are so thankful to have them as friends!

Sunday morning was church where we kicked off a series called The Story. I think it’ll be great, and I’m really looking forward to it.

We also stopped by Verizon to see what I could do in terms of getting a new phone. My other phone has been acting up for awhile. I could barely use it for more than five minutes before it’d shut off on me. Talk about annoying! Plus, it was 3G and after using Cody’s super speedy 4G phone a few times, I was more than ready for something more efficient. I ended up walking out the door with the new Motorola Droid Razr M, and I love, love, love it!

Screenshot_2013-09-22-15-23-41

I probably spent just a little too much time personalizing it and having way too much fun with it the rest of the day.

Quality time with Cody and Hunter? Check. Fun times with friends? Check. Getting stuff done around the house? Check. New phone? Check. Relaxation? Check.

Definitely a great weekend all around!

Oh, and for the record, Hunter’s naps are improving big time and my cold is slowly but surely going away. Woot!

Go out there and make it a great day!

What did you do this weekend?

Have you seen “Now You See Me”?

What kind of phone do you have?

Comments

It makes a HUGE difference when they start sleeping better with naps and night! I love weekends like that…productive and relaxing. LOVE the pic of hunter with the tongue out on your phone!

He’s been sleeping great through the night since he was 10 weeks old, but he’s never been the best napper so they’re kind of hit or miss! Oh well, can’t have it all, right? ;)

Sounds like a great weekend! We had some down time yesterday which was so so nice. My church did the story and it was awesome. It was almost a year long commitment but it was so cool to see how everything fits together!

I don’t even own a smartphone….I know I know…how have I survived this long without one right :) I had a seriously busy weekend in work but made time for belated pancakes this morning so it’s all good!!! Happy Monday!

We took a mini trip to the mountains for our anniversary, and besides getting no sleep it was a great weekend :)
    I just also got a new phone since mine crapped out, I have the Samsung Galaxy S3.
    I have not seen enough movies lately, I will have to try and rent a few more before baby comes so me and my husband can take advantage of the quiet time now ;)

Happy Anniversary!! I wanted to get the Samsung Galaxy S3, but the Motorola Razr was cheaper and according to the Verizon guy, just as good, so I went for that one.

Cookie brownie dessert?! Now that just sounds like the best of both worlds ;-) And I think that I’m in need of a new phone as well. I have an HTC one, but it’s slowly dying out on me – I’m actually considering switching to an iphone!

Sounds like a great weekend, for sure. Mine involved a -much- needed trip to the farmers’ market, catching up with a good friend over coffee, some baking, and dinner with the family. Oh, and a couple of happy dances over the fact that it’s finally FALL! Woo!

Yes, you totally should! I agree – there hasn’t been a great selection lately. I can’t even remember the last time we got a Redbox for that very reason.

I’m so glad that his naps are improving! Addie’s naps are actually taking a turn for the worse, but hopefully it won’t last too long!!

I have an old school phone … no smart phone for me yet! I just can’t bring myself to pay the extra money for the internet each month. But I’m sure at some point I’ll have to give in!

Oh no! Hang in there Mama. Motherhood has its ebs and flows, that’s for sure! I had an old school phone for the longest time too, and once I made the switch, I loooove my smart phone! We have a family plan, so adding an extra phone with data wasn’t that bad $$ wise. Just sayin’, you should probably get one so I can stalk you on Instagram. ;)

Definitely a good weekend! I had a good busy one with lots of things going on but it was nice to feel busy and like I actually have a life- sometimes I feel like work and studying and training take it over.

I have a really old Iphone, I really need a new phone but can’t decide if I want to stay with apple or go back to droid (I really liked my old droid).

I’m glad you had a weekend that was just the way you wanted to. Sometimes after busy weekends it’s nice to just take things low key.
    That dessert sounds like the best thing ever. A cookie and brownie in one. I like a lot.
    And I’m pretty pumped it’s Fall now. That definitely made me excited over the weekend, that and getting some much needed shopping, spending time with friends, seeing my family, baking, it was a good one.

10. Amanda N says

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I did as well. We baptized our daughter and had a little party and it was great. Nice to see family and friends and enjoy good food. She did grat too and slept through the whole ceremony haha I only have a “basic phone,” but it can take pictures at least. I’d love an iPhone but the data plan isn’t in our budget. Glad you’re getting over the cold and Hunter is doing better too.

That was SUPER fun to hang out with you guys & eat yummy food. :)

YAY for a new phone! Wahooooo! I have an iphone 4s and love, love it. as you know. And one day I’ll get you to switch. One day. hehe :)

That dessert is def going to be made again! xo

As you know, I definitely needed a new phone! We worked out a deal with them so I didn’t have to pay full price since my upgrade wasn’t for several months. I would loooove the iphone, I really would, but we just can’t fork out the $$ at the moment. One day! ;)

Haha funny that we both watched that movie this weekend! Were you so convinced the French girl was in on it the whole time, like I was?? I didn’t see that ending coming at ALL.

We have that The Story book (our church didn’t go through it, but a friend’s did) and it’s super helpful to get all the stories straightened out. I’d love to hear more about how your church tackles it and what you think!

I had the same problem with my phone–it would randomly shut off constantly, and I was convinced it was toast. I ended up getting a new battery for $10 and now it’s as good as new, like nothing ever happened! I couldn’t believe it. I could have sworn the problem was way bigger than that. But awesome that you got a cool new phone, anyway! :) I’m counting the days until we’re eligible for upgrades!

The congregation I work for did the Story last year and it was a HUGE blessing. My teenagers absolutely loved and thrived from hearing how all the stories we teach in Sunday school fit together to tell the story of God (a story He invites us into!). I can’t speak more highly about it. It was just good!

Now You See Me was such a good movie!! Loved it too!!! I’m ready for a ‘down’ weekend next weekend. It’s only Monday and I’m already exhausted haha!! I hope this week is a little bit easier; especially since Tyler won’t be going anywhere this week, so hopefully I can get caught up!!

15. Sharon says

Yea, what a fantastic weekend! Glad it was great! My dad met my little girl for the first time this past weekend – pretty wonderful!

Sounds like a great weekend! So fun that yours and Anette’s hubs get along. Ours was pretty mellow, lots of home family time, Jacob an I watched a movie Friday night too (World War Z – very good for a zombie movie!), and dinner out with my family. I’ve been liking the slower weekends lately, they’re nice for recharging before the business of the weeks begin.