California Adventures {Part 1}

Hi guys!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!

I want to say a huge thank you for all of your sweet comments on my post from Friday. I read each and every one of them, and even though I wasn’t able to respond to all of them, I can’t tell you how much they meant to me. Your encouragement and love always overwhelms me – I am beyond blessed!

As most of you know, we’ve been out in California since Saturday having a blast with friends and family and enjoying the fabulous weather. I don’t have a ton of time to chat… or should I say… I really just want to go to bed. (I’m writing this on Sunday night.) Little Mister Hunter doesn’t seem to want to sleep very well on vacation making it not feel quite like a true vacation for this mama, but that’s OK. We’re still having fun and that’s what counts. Winking smile All of that being said, I’ll just stick to some photos and captions for today’s post so you can see a little bit of what we’ve been up to.

Capture

BJ’s deep dish pizza

Rick Warren’s church

How does he look like such a little BOY?!

Visiting my siblings!

IMG_20130929_123952_703

Wahoo’s Fish Tacos

My two handsome boys

Wedding

We’re headed up to the Bay Area today to explore a bit and then meet up with my best friend from college tomorrow in San Francisco! Roooooad trip!

Have a great day!

What have you been up to this weekend?

Deep dish or thin crust pizza?

So-Cal or Nor-Cal?

Comments

I’m all about Southern CA, mostly for the weather! But, I’ve driven the coast of CA with my family and think all of it’s absolutely beautiful.
    With lots of family from New York, I’d have to say I’m a thin crust girl. That said, I haven’t had many experiences with true deep dish pizza. Hoping to have it again soon though!
    It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! :)

That last picture of you guys is so nice. You look gorgeous! And that pic of Hunter on the bed … you’re right, he does look like a little man!!

Sorry he’s not sleeping well. :( You are a braver woman than I am, taking him on so many trips! I think it’s amazing that you’re doing it, but I know how tough the sleep situation can be!

I was never a deep dish girl until I had the most amazing pizza ever in San Fran, however I have not had any since but still it was the best pizza ever. Usually I prefer thin crust.
    We got our yard prepared for fall and winter, installed the car seat and had maternity photos – which were a blast :)
    Have fun in San Fran!

4. Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes says

Deep dish for sure! In fact, I might try to make some with the tj crust I have waiting to be eaten. Thanks for the inspiration

Welcome to my neck of the woods, pretty lady :). I hope you’re enjoying it. I think you’re going to love SF! And let me just tell you, you’re going to get a killer workout pushing Hunter’s stroller up those crazy hills.

Have fun!

Love that picture of your family at the wedding – you look so pretty!
    I’ve been to California once (San Diego) but it was when I was just 14 so I don’t really remember too much of it. I’m hoping to go back sometime soon – I’d love to see the L.A. area.

I’m a thin crust gal! Or no crust…I’m actually not a huge crust lover for some reason…it’s the texture that throws me off.
    The trip looks great so far! Have fun!!!

Nice! I live in SF right now and the weather has been pretty nice. Hope you have fun :)
    Love NorCal because it’s where I grew up, but I love SoCal, too, because there is a lot of good Korean restaurants (K-town!) for much cheaper than NorCal.

awww what a fun time! And Hunter! Say no more. :D
    That’s crazy you were in my neck of the woods, Lake Forest~!Okay so, it’s not exactly where I live but I used to live in the OC and now in LA. Have a safe trip to the Bay area, Ashley!

I still can’t et over Hunter’s adorable spiky hair! What a cutie. I hope you have the most amazing time on your road trip. I’ve taken a few down to Cali and I always love it down there. Nor Cal is gorgeous, but SoCal definitely has it’s appeal as well. And speaking of road trips, I just got back from my own and my goodness does it feel good to be back in my own kitchen and bed again.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

11. amelia says

Omg, I love Wahoo fish tacos!! Miss them from living in Denver. I’m a thin crispy crust kinda girl. Glad you’re having a blast. Love the family wedding photo of you 3. You should get it framed :)

Actually both my husband and I are from Arizona, and our families still live there. My brother and sister are just going to college out in CA right now. We ended up in UT because of my husband’s job. :)

Deep-dish soaked with lots of olive oil, all the way! I would LOVE to be in SoCal right now, it is winter in my parts already! WHAT?! Last year at this same time, in this same place, I was at the beach in my bikini. Weather trips me out.

Hunter is getting to be such a big boy! My Ben would love to play with him. He thinks his spiky hair is pretty cool. Hunter and daddy are twins (you must hear this all the time, and I bet Codster just loves it!!!). ADORBS <3

I feel ya – it’s been pretty chilly in UT lately too. CA’s sunny weather has been a nice change! Awww we would LOVE to have a play date with little Ben! He’s just the cutest.

I’m partial to Nor-cal because I live there! :) But, I love So-cal, too! I’m definitely a deep dish pizza girl, but I appreciate a good thin crust! Enjoy your vacation and I totally can relate on your little guy not sleeping well. My son never seems to sleep well when we travel.

Deep dish if I’m going all out – thin crust if I’m trying to be good ;)
    And I have a cute saying “A vacation with your kids isn’t a vacation…it’s a trip!” I love my kids to death but it’s such a true statement lol. Have fun!!
    -Sammy @ peaceandloveandicecream.blogspot.com