California Adventures {Part 3}

Hellooooo!

Sorry I went MIA on you yesterday, but it was a busy day and I was exhausted so sleep > blog.

Anyways, we’re home now, and as much fun as I had, I’m looking forward to quality sleep again. How did I ever do those newborn days?! Winking smile

Let me tell you about one of my favorite days of the whole trip! On Tuesday morning, we drove up to San Francisco to meet up with my best girlfriend from college, Rachel. I can’t tell you how excited I was to see her and for her to meet Hunter for the first time!

It really was the best day ever. The weather was perfect – sunny and clear, a nice breeze, and not too cold, but not too hot either. Rachel did an excellent job at being our tour guide for the day. We didn’t have a ton of time since we wanted to get back to her place up in the Sacramento area before rush hour hit, so we mostly stayed near Pier 39 and Ghiradelli Square.

We spent some time watching the seals off the pier. They are so hilarious!

Hunter loved them too. <3

We decided to go to Boudin’s for lunch. They are famous for their sourdough bread, so it was a must. I got clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl with a side salad. It was everything I dreamed of and more.

Hunter has never experienced the Pacific Ocean so it was mandatory that his little feet touch it.

He, however, was not a fan! I guess I don’t blame him – it was pretty cold.

That little guy is just too much fun.

Last but not least, we hit up Ghiradelli Square. I was still stuffed from lunch, but obviously I couldn’t miss out on Ghiradelli Square. Rachel and I decided to just grab a shake since their sundaes are ridiculously massive. I know, it’s kind of wrong that I didn’t get anything chocolate while I was at Ghiradelli Square, but a vanilla shake just sounded good to me at the time.

Shortly after that, we decided we should start heading up to Sacramento to avoid some of the rush hour traffic. A highlight of the drive was going across the Golden Gate Bridge!

Rachel graciously offered to let us stay at her house, so we stayed there for the night. She totally spoiled us and made us dinner, breakfast the following morning, and gave us some snacks for the road.

She really is the best friend a girl could ask for! I love her so much and miss her already.

It was a fun little California trip, and I’m so glad we were able to fit in so much for such a short amount of time. I’ve already decided I’m taking Cody back to the Bay Area to explore more – it’s such a fun city!

Anyways, I feel like my to-do list is a million miles long at the moment, so I need to jet!

Have a great day!

P.S. Now that it’s officially October, don’t forget to join in on my October Fruit & Vegges Challenge!

Have you ever been to San Fransisco? If so, what was your favorite part?

Are you a clam chowder fan?

What’s your favorite dessert?

Comments

Haha It sure is beautiful, but we could never afford it. It ain’t cheap. ;) Not to mention the traffic – holy smokes.

I lvoed San Fransisco! Such a fun city, and for some reason, Pier 39 resonates the most with me. Well, that and the Golden Gate Bridge. The last time I was there was on a road trip a goooood handful of years ago, and I’d love to go back and refresh my memory. But I think it’s going to be a while before I take another extended trip in the car, because yeah… it’s a little tiring, and I totally feel ya on how awesome it is to come back home to your own bed.

It truly is tiring, especially with a baby in tow. ;) You should definitely go back someday though. It’s such a fun city!

Looks like an awesome day!

I’m not a clam chowder (or seafood of any kind) fan. It’s like blasphemy in New England. I duck and cover when I tell people that. Fave dessert is definitely cake. OK, let’s be serious, it’s frosting. I eat the cake to eat the frosting.

So fun!!! I absolutely love that picture of you and Hunter looking out at the water … so sweet!!

We’re taking Addie down to Florida for Thanksgiving, so we’ll have to hit up the beach and see what she thinks of the sand. If she’s anything like mommy was as a little girl, she may not like the sand too much! ;)

I’ve never been to San Francisco, but it’s definitely on my list! Eric and I have talked about doing California as a honeymoon destination, and I would definitely want to spend a day or two there – especially with Ghiradelli square :-p

Wow! Every single one of those photos of you and Hunter and the Codster is my favourite! You look just so happy and content with your gorgeous family. It is wonderful to see. I am also jealous because I want to be enjoying the California sun with you guys! Ben and Hunter would have a lot of fun playing together :)

I’ve never tried clam chowder. I don’t know if I would like it because I’m still trying seafood. We never had it growing up!

My family drove through San Fransico when I was little and all I remember was they were filming a movie on the street! I guess it was what was impressive to 7 year old me!!

When my family & I went to San Fran a few years ago, it was cold, rainy, cloudy and gloomy in August. Needless to say, San Fran did NOT leave a very good impression on this girl! ;) Everyone else has loved it though so I must have just had bad luck!

OMG I didn’t know the seals just hang out like that by the pier, that is so cool/crazy/nuts/amazing. I went to SoCal a few weeks ago and I saw one seal swimming in the ocean but it was kinda far away and I became so giddy and excited like WOW I saw an animal in the ocean (first time seeing the ocean, so yeah). But if I saw that I would be SO giddy. This is awesome. Great photos!

That looks like so much fun! I love seeing girlfriends that live far away. Those seals are amazing! I’ve never really spent any time in San Fran, but my husband has a lot of friends out there, so we keep talking about making a trip.

We have never been to San Fran – but hope to get there one day! That clam chowder looks a.maz.ing….and in a sourdough bowl, my mouth is literally watering! I would never choose to get a shake for desert because the crazy fat lady that lives in my head doesn’t think that’s ‘enough’ – I have to chew something! lol However, my hubby always gets a shake at ice cream places….so I get a sip of his, and then I can eat mine….chocolate chip cookie dough with Reese’s pb cup crushed on top! Holy wow :)
    -Sammy @ peaceandloveandicecream.blogspot.com

Bread pudding is my favorite dessert. Looks like you guys are all enjoying SF! And I think it was Fisherman’s Wharf that had Trish’s mini donuts. Those are pretty good (though I don’t always crave donuts… those fresh mini ones are so good).

San Francisco is my husband’s favorite place in the U.S. He grew up near there, so I’ve been a few times. We always hit up all the places you did. I am a Full House fan, so I had to see the painted ladies too!

The clam chowder bread bowl is always what we order when we go to Boudin. Glad you had such a great time! Aww, Hunter, cold ocean feet is just all part of the Pacific initiation!

Sounds like you had a great trip! I love SF – I would live there if my husband’s job didn’t tie us to D.C.
    My favorite dessert is generally ice cream but pregnancy has actually turned me off to it – weird right? Hope I like it again one day!

Looks like you had an awesome time! My husband Mark and I spent a week in CA this morning (half in San Francisco and half in SoCal) and it’s fun to re-live it through your pics!!

I’m just looking at these posts now and it looks like it was a fun vacay!! I definitely want to go there. I’ve only done the San Diego and Hollywood area, but would LOVE to explore more!!