Hunter: 6 Months

Can you believe this little guy is six months old as of Sunday?!

Yeah, neither can I. Seriously, where did my teeny tiny newborn baby Hunter go? These past six months have been the fastest six months of my life. Not only have they been the fastest, but also the best six months of my life. I can’t imagine life without this little boy. He brings more joy to our world than I could ever tell you.

Development

His personality continues to develop, and it’s so much fun to watch. We’ve decided that he has a chill side to him, but I think it’s pretty likely that he’ll be a strong willed little boy. As sad as I am that he’s growing up so fast, seeing him grow and thrive makes me smile, and I look forward to continuing to see him change and develop.

He just recently discovered his feet and amazes us by his flexibility when he gets his toes in his mouth. Winking smile He’s getting better at sitting up, but he still needs some assistance. I have a feeling he’ll be getting the hang of it by himself pretty quick here. He’s not a fan of tummy time and instantly rolls over when I put him down on his tummy. A part of me wonders if he’ll be one of those babies that skips the crawling and goes straight to walking.

Eating

We started some solids this past month, but I’m not doing anything too formal. We’re mostly just experimenting with various tastes and textures. I’ve been doing a mix of purees and baby led weaning. For the past couple weeks I’ve been giving him oatmeal (or sometimes pumpkin) mixed with my breast milk for breakfast, and then I’ve been giving him a few chunks of a vegetable to play with and gnaw on for dinner. So far he’s tried baby oatmeal, pumpkin, banana, sweet potato, and avocado. He loves sweet potato and avocado, and while he’ll eat the others, I don’t think they’re his favorite. He’s still getting most of his nutrients and calories from me though, and that will continue for as long as I can keep up! (I’m shooting for a year.)

Sleeping

He’s doing great in the sleeping department. Most nights he’ll sleep from about 8 PM until 7 – 7:30 AM with an occasional 10(ish) PM wake up, but those are getting to be more rare as time goes on. He’s down to three naps now – one in the morning, one in the mid afternoon, and a cat nap in the early evening. He’s still not the best napper, so occasionally I’ll have to put him in the swing to finish out his naps if he wakes early. If I’m being honest, I’m kind of looking forward to him dropping down to two naps. I think he’ll nap better, and I’ll also have more flexibility to go out and about. We’ll get there!

Favorite Things

One of his new favorite things to do is to make a “raspberry sound” with his mouth – he does it nonstop! Oh, and he also loves music and singing songs. His face instantly lights up when I start singing to him or we turn on the radio in the car. It’s too cute. Bath time is one of his favorite parts of the day. He can be a little crabby, and then we’ll put him in the bath, and he’s instantly happy Hunter. He splashes water all over with his little legs while playing with his mini boats and rubber ducks. I’ve also noticed that he seems to have a new infatuation with Daddy. This past month or so, they have seemed to develop more of a “bond”. I love watching them play together, and seeing Hunter look at Cody just melts my heart.

I think I kiss that little boy at least a hundred times a day. I couldn’t be more proud to be his mama.

For more of my posts on Hunter and my adventures as a mom, visit my Mommyhood page.

Comments

1. Elizabeth @ my neon running shoes says

Hunter is so sweet! I can’t believe how fast six months has flown by!!! Have a great weekend :-)

2. Nicole says

MR. SMILES!!! :) :) he is such a cutie! It’s pretty cool that you have this blog to document not only Hunter’s growth, but also your experiences as a Mom!

Love all the pictures of your little guy!

3. Katie says

So glad to see Hunter is doing well!! :) Such a handsome little man! Drake is with him on the sweet potato and avocado- loves them! Not too big on banana yet!

Dohhhhh he’s seriously so cute it hurts! I’m one of those “scary+violent” moms, meaning I can’t stop kissing, biting, and squeezing my little Selah. Hahaha….sounds wrong, I know. And Hunter+Cody=twins in that picture!!!! He’s developing so blessed, I can tell :D

5. Rose says

That last picture is amazing, it is so adorable!! I love his cheesy baby grin!
    I really need to stop reading blogs with Such cute babies!! My boyfriend is getting nervous about my baby fever ;)
    … just kidding of course! I won’t stop reading :)

He is so adorable! Love the pic of him and your husband, so sweet!!

Rocco turned 3 months last week, I have to get his 3 month post up! I agree, the time is going fast! I do have to say though, the first few weeks, seemed pretty long, haha! It is very tiring and stressful but so worth it!

We are blessed!

Wow! What a difference six months makes! Hunter looks so happy and healthy, and so do his wonderful parents. Ash, I have to say this, you have never looked better! Your happiness radiates (I am sure you have your emotional/not-so-happy moments too:) and you just look so healthy and fabulous as a mumma. Happy 6 months, sweet Hunter!

I’m soooo behind on reading blogs — but HOLY COW how is he 6 months???

He is so, so adorable. That picture of him on his tummy — I hope you frame that one!! I’d like to think if we lived closer he’d be best buds with E. Maybe he could teach E that sleeping through the night is awesome? Lol.

Oh my all I can continue to say is I freaking love the hair, love love the hair. I wish Lee would let us still feed him. We used to give him oatmeal but now he has to be the one to feed himself and we are far from mastering the spoon. Actually I got to get on that and start teaching him.

That last picture is the absolute cutest thing ever!!!! Nia loves her baths too. It’s kinda my fave part of the night when she is having a bad day (due to teething) because it gives me a little break and get to see her in her element!!!

Can’t believe he’s already 6 months. Time is flying!!