10/10/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. Thanks so much for all of your sweet anniversary wishes yesterday! I met Cody for lunch, and then we had a nice dinner (lasagna) and dessert (pizookie – see #2) at home just the two of us. It was perfect.

2. Cody and I have this debate every single time we eat a pizookie (aka half baked “pizza cookie” in a skillet) – is it better with or without ice cream? I say with and he says without. Please tell me you agree with me.

3. This creamer. Oh my, so good. I’ve been drinking my coffee unsweetened for quite awhile now, but when I saw this natural cinnamon creamer on Katie’s blog, I knew I had to try it out. It’s made with only four (recognizable) ingredients and tastes incredible.

5. I went to a Pump class at my new gym (deets tomorrow) on Tuesday. Uh yeah, totally kicked my trash. Sitting down and standing up is quite a sight, let me tell you.

6. Speaking of the gym, I picked up Hunter from the daycare after my workout yesterday and started freaking out because I couldn’t find his diaper bag. One of the daycare ladies said, “Um, is it the one you have over your shoulder?” Ohhh boy. Story of my life.

7. I never imagined that I’d have a baby with so much hair – crazy hair nonetheless. Winking smile I can’t tell you how many friends I’ve made with strangers because of that little boy’s hair.

babyhunter2

8. Don’t forget you can still use the promo code MyFoodNFitnessFriends for 10 bucks off your registration for The Hit & Run 5k! The SLC race is this Saturday (come join me!), but you can use the promo code for any location. It expires on 10/31/13, so sign up ASAP!

9. Did I mention that it snowed here this past weekend? Crazy, right?! Don’t worry, it was back in the 70’s and sunny earlier this week, but still… Save the snow for at least November, Utah.

10. Today’s going to be a great day. MOPS this morning, and Cody has off on Thursdays now so he’ll be home with us – YAY! Hope you have a fantastic day too!

Have you ever had a “pizookie”/skillet cookie? Ice cream with it – yay or nay?

Do you add anything to your coffee? If so, what?

What’s the weather like where you are these days?

Comments

1. Libby says

That creamer sounds delish! I think I enjoy all the Fall cinnamon flavors as much as the “pumpkin stuff!” I have never had a pizookie but it sounds amazing!! I love warm chocolate with ice cream so my vote is with you:) Do you have a recipe for the pizookie?
    btw, My baby boy had hair just like Hunters! He is 13 now:(

2. Lynn says

I don’t understand how one can write “r” the same way. You just press the button on the computer….? Anyway, pizookie with ice cream only if it’s warm and chocolate chip flavor. Without icecream for all else ;)

3. Katie says

Of course with Ice cream! Is that even a question?! Ice cream is always the answer…haha I usually go with just black coffee because I don’t like putting creamers with lots of ingredients in…however that creamer looks tasty! Sometimes I put the canned coconut milk in to mix it up! It’s 70 and sunny here right now in Wisco but next week some snow possibly! Ahh.. I must say I have made many friends with Drake’s hair being so crazy too!

P.S. ignore every word on that site… I think you are an incredible blogger & if you lived closer I would love to meet you!

1. Love the hair, ridiculously cute.
    2. Ignore GOMI, they grasp at straws trying to make themselves feel better.
    3. Weather here has been unseasonably toasty in Upstate NY, Very warm.
    4. I’m a splenda and non-fat milk in my coffee kind of girl…unless I have really good creamer in the house.

Never had one but I want one, they sound so good, and yes ice cream would be a must!
    I wish we had those creamers here, I always buy them when we are in the US. I add almond milk and that is all.
    Getting colder, like you I hope our snow stays away will November!
    I agree with Cody on #4, who is picking that out of your hand writing?! People need lives lol.

GOMI is so ridiculous. I swear they try and find the tiniest things to nitpick on and read WAY too far into anything. I was mentioned once because of a comment I left on a blog that had some humor in it during the day of the Boston Bombings. Apparently it’s not okay to keep some humor in anything? Ha. Don’t even worry about it! You’re one of my favorite bloggers so keep it up Ash! :)

I tried putting an anniversary message on your blog yesterday, but I don’t think it worked! Hope you had a nice anniversary!! :) And I love Hunter’s hair! Addie has very limited hair … I’m sure she’d be jealous if she could feel those emotions right now haha!

I’ve never had a pizookie but, OMG, I want one and I would def add vanilla ice cream – keep it simple! :)
    I’m new to blogging (although I’ve been reading them for YEARS!)…I’ve never heard of that website but don’t even think about them…what do they know!? And they’re talking about you – that says something!!
    Hunter’s hair is crazy adorable!! No gel needed!
    And I can’t believe it snowed anywhere – it’s still in the upper 80′s where I live!
    -Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com

So much good stuff in these thoughts! ;)

First of all, DEF WITH THE ICE CREAM. No question.

I can’t WAIT to hear about the gym deets & pump class!! Wahoo!

And yes, let’s keep fall a little longer & the snow can wait a bit ;)

I hate GOMI with a passion. I doubt I’ve ever been mentioned on it, but I can’t read it. It’s just a bunch of people who clearly have their own issues and are taking it out on other people. Not a positive place, they need a new hobby.

I started taking Aiden to the gym daycare too and it’s been a life changer. They wouldn’t take him until he was 6 months, so I waited a long time. I have loved going again!

12. Lili says

You’re definitely on my SOMI list (along with chareatsgreens and ohsheglows). I find that I stopped reading a lot of bloggers when their lives became about their blog instead of the other way around. I look forward to your food for the week posts since I use them for my own meal planning. Keep up the good work!

Hunter definitely has some adorable hair on him <3 And when it comes to the pizookie debate, I play both sides — sometimes I love em better without the ice cream, and sometimes better with… it all depends on my mood. As for GOMI, my advice is to just ignore em and avoid bringing it up on the blog — a lot of people don't know about that place and it's best to keep it that way.

The weather here in Toronto is kinda chilly but with sun still shining. It makes for great Fall walking weather! We just got back from a 10 day trip to Florida where the weather was SUPER HOT compared to this. As much fun as I had there, I still like the chill of Toronto in the Fall. :)

I have and love that creamer too. I alternate between that, chocolate milk, and coconut milk. I like flavors in my coffee :)

Hunter’s hair IS adorable! And I love that outfit he’s in in the picture. Where’s it from?

Okay, this is almost embarrassing to write…but….I’ve NEVER had a pazookie! I know, right?!!! Wish we could enjoy one together:) Hopefully one day!

Seriously, Hunter’s hair is the best! I love how it sticks straight up!!!

I agree with C-ster, the fact you were even mentioned on GOMI is a sign that they care enough to talk about you:) Tell me who said what and I will take care of it for you ;)

Have a great one, MOPS sounds fun and a day off with the whole fam!

17. Becky says

My son’s hair is just as crazy as Hunter’s and we always get comments about it too. Ha! It’s a good conversation starter. ;) (PS he’s adorable!)

few years ago we loved creamer in our coffee, but then all of a sudden we kinda stopped liking it and started to drink black coffee :) now hard for us to think about using creamers haha

Love love love Hunter’s hair!!

I’ve never had a pizookie but it sounds delicious!!

Happy Anniversary for the other day, sorry I missed saying it earlier :)

The weather here has been a mix of warmer days and then raining, windy and cold. Spring is weird weather for us here in Melbourne.

Yay for hubbies being home early! And honestly that GOMI website is worthless. If people have nothing nice to say…and Cody’s right! Just means you’re getting more viewers! :)

yay for having Thursdays off! That has to break up your week a bit :) Does he still have weekends off? Since you mentioned the pazookie, I had to make one last night! my goodness that is delicious stuff right there! In fact, I want another and it’s only 10:33 lol

Cream in my coffee is an absolute must, it just tastes too watery to me otherwise! I’ve never seen that particular cinnamon kind before, but I’m pretty sure it’s something I would enjoy. Plus woot for there being recognizable ingredients! You never know with items like that… especially crazy flavored ones
    Ice cream is a MUST if you ask me, though I believe only vanilla would work with a pizookie! Perhaps with a bit of chocolate syrup over both items, nom :)