WIAW #100: A Fun Day with Friends

Whoa – this marks my one hundredth What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) post. I feel like it should be monumental… or something? Ha. Anyways, if you’re new here, “What I Ate Wednesday” is basically a post about what I ate all day. Fun, right? I guess if you love food as much as I do it’s fun. Winking smile

Peas and Crayons

So yesterday was a really fun day. Like really fun. Basically I got to eat good food and hang out with cool people all day. I mean, really, it doesn’t get much better than that.

breakfast

The day obviously started with breakfast, and I went with my usual – this cereal topped with thawed raspberries. I really thought I’d start branching out to warmer breakfasts since it’s getting cold outside, but nope, still loving how easy, satisfying, and delicious this breakfast is.

post workout

Hunter and I went to the gym soon after he woke up so I could get to my new favorite Pump class. I got there like ten minutes late, and then got called to change Hunter’s diaper about twenty minutes before the class was supposed to end. Of course I forgot to put more diapers in his diaper bag before we left the house, which left me with no diaper to change Hunter. Uh, good one, Ash. That being said, we left and I didn’t get to enjoy the full class, but hey, it happens.

I had one of these Designer Whey “Protein 2Go” packets mixed into some water when I got home to help rehydrate and refuel me. They are pretty darn tasty and so easy when you’re in a pinch.

Capture

via Instagram – foodnfitdiaries (follow me!)

snack

I got ready and all that jazz and realized I was starving, so I grabbed a piece of banana bread and topped it with a little butter to eat before we hit the road again. This banana bread is our new favorite banana bread recipe, and it’s actually one of the healthiest I’ve seen too. Win win!

lunch

Lunch was a grilled cheese/veggie panini with a side of butternut squash soup (not shown in photo – whoops) and spinach salad. Yummm. Pretty much the perfect fall lunch.

My company made it even more perfect though. Smile Love this girl so much. We had way too much fun chatting the afternoon away.

photo (1)

She provided dessert and shared some of her amazing Swiss chocolate. Nothing compares, I tell you!

dinner

After I was done hanging out with Annette, I rushed home to do a few things and headed over to Cody’s work to give him Hunter and swap vehicles. Then I drove over to a girlfriend’s house from my MOPS group for a craft/appetizer/wine night! It was SO nice to enjoy an evening of girl time, chatting, and getting to know one another better.

I didn’t take any pictures, but my dinner was basically just a bunch of appetizers and desserts – chips and salsa, crackers and cheese, veggies and hummus, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and fudge were all included. Trust me, I was not deprived.

So now that I played all day yesterday, I have work to do today.

I’ll catch y’all later!

P.S. Clearly my photography is far from stellar in this post. I’ll admit, it’s half laziness and half clueless-ness. Thanks for your understanding. Winking smile

What’s your breakfast of choice these days?

Do you “refuel” after a workout? What do you usually eat/drink?

What are some of your favorite appetizers?

Comments

I’m still on a pancake kick but I think whipped oats will be making a return very soon! Finally chilly enough in these parts! Emily has some great recipes…lots of banana bread variations too!

It’s been a while since I had grilled cheese…I think I need to change that :-p And I feel you on the photography thing, I’m still trying to figure it all out myself! An appetizer and dessert dinner is amazing. Once in a while for dinner, I’ll bring out a shrimp ring with cocktail sauce and some garlic bread and we’ll call it good ;-)

Either a pumpkin smoothie of almond butter and banana toast with coffee – need coffee these days.
    Usually I time workouts before a meal so always eat after but just depends on when on what I eat. If I cannot eat right away my go to is a banana.
    Calamari is my all time favorite!

No kidding! I couldn’t believe how fast our day went! Of course I came home and felt way overwhelmed because I got NOTHING done all day, but it was worth it!

Banana bread with butter is one of my favorite fall snacks. Something about the salty butter with the sweet bread just makes my tastebuds do a little jig.

That picture of Annette and Hunter is SO cute. You’re both such hot mamas.

Happy 100th WIAW :D!

I love grilled cheese, especially with tomato slices! I usually work out first thing in the morning, so I have breakfast right after. I’m loving yogurt bowls with honeycrisp apples and granola for breakfast these days! It’s very fall-ish :–)

My breakfast of choice these days is overnight oats. (Except I put them in the microwave because cold oats freak me out. haha) I soak them with almond milk and chia seeds, and after I heat them I add a ton of cinnamon and a diced plum. SO yummy.

SUCH a fun afternoon with you & Hunter!! He’s so cute it kills me. And now I reeeeaaalllllyyyy want one. ;)

I love refueling with milk & choc protein powder, or chocolate milk. Mmmmmm.

And that dinner sounds awesome–apps & dessert? Sign.me.up. My favorite app is probably chips/salsa or sweet potato fries w/ketchup. Mmmmm

xo

She’ll be in your arms before you know it! I can’t WAIT to meet her! :) I like your idea of milk + chocolate protein powder! How come I’ve never tried that?!

8. Katie says

Lately I have been into protein waffles/pancakes since it’s getting chilly here & that’s comfort food for me :) I usually make a big batch during the week so I have them the rest of the week!

9. Nicole says

Okay, seriously – Hunter could not be any cuter! I love the pic of him and Annette ….then on Annette’s blog, the one of you with him rolling on the floor is awesome. What a cutie pie! MR. SMILES!! :) :) :)

Breakfast of choice lately has been a protein shake….then a banana with peanut butter about mid-morning. I just bought Cinnamon Cheerios at the store last night – that box may not last the week!

After I workout, I’m not too hungry (usually) for the first hour or so, but I know my body needs something…..still trying to get in that habit…..

Favorite apps: Guacamole and Chips, Raw Veggies, Shrimp Cocktail…..I could go on!

Happy 100th post! I totally get what you mean. I just realized next week will mark my 30th which seemed to have flown by since I started them.

I love that I’m not the only one who puts frozen berries on warm (or room temperature) meals. Love the sound of that butternut squash soup!

Wow! 100 WIAW…you deserve an award or something! Looks like you have the cutest one already (Hunter, obviously:). He gets cuter by the day. What are you doing for Halloween???

Question–how does one get involved in the WIAW thingie?! I actually coincidentally just wrote all about what I ate (and binged on) because I was describing the binges I still have sometimes. So then I read this and thought, I should do the WIAW!! Binge Edition, hahaha. JK.

Sucks that you had to miss part of Body Pump (I have so been there where I forgot diapers and had to leave somewhere…oops!). But your attitude rocks!

Have a great one, Ash and fam!

Can I just say how much I love Hunter’s hair? So adorable!

Lately I’ve been having Chobani Flips for breakfast. It’s the only way I’ve found I’ll eat yogurt. I can’t handle it plain and am so picky it’s hard to find stuff to mix in that I like but they make some awesome flavor combos.

I will sometimes have chocolate milk after a race, but the majority of the time I’m at the gym after work, so I just eat dinner as soon as I get home.

Favorite appetizer ever would have to be farmer’s croutons. It’s crusty bread (I usually use French because it’s thinner and makes perfect app sizes) that you toast lightly in the oven brushed with some olive oil and garlic and then you top it with a mix of half cream cheese/half goat cheese and caramelized onions. To die for!