10/24/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. Just as I thought my sweet baby Hunter was getting better, I realized something still wasn’t quite right. His fever was gone, but he was still congested and super fussy. I thought it may be an ear infection so I took him to the doctor’s yesterday. Looks like no infection, but there’s a 50/50 chance he could still get one because there’s fluid build-up in his ear. Ugh, please pray that it doesn’t turn into one!

2. We took Hunter to a little “fall festival” around here called Cornbelly’s the other evening (when I THOUGHT Hunter was feeling better – obviously I was a little too ambitious). He wasn’t really having it. This is pretty much the best photo I got. Oh well. He’s still darn cute if I do say so myself.

IMG_20131021_174512_564

3. My mom and aunt are flying in TODAY to spend the long weekend with us! Yippee! Can’t wait to see them!

4 Um, can I just take a minute to brag about the incredible fall weather we’ve been having here in Utah?! It’s been sunny and blue skies with a crispness in the air that is just perfect. I can’t get enough!

5 LOVE this post. You should go read it. Very thought provoking!

6. They really are best buds.

IMG_20131017_181040_650

7. I was at the store yesterday, and the cashier asked me how old Hunter was, and I told her almost seven months old. She responded, “Oh wow! And you’re out walking around?!” Uhhh, what? Lord help me if I’m not out walking around at 7 months postpartum…

8. I’m going to a 4:50 AM Pump Class in the morning (aka this morning – I’m writing this on Wednesday evening). It’s the only time that’d work so I could be home before Cody leaves for work. The 4:30 AM wake up time will be a little rough, but it’s going to be pretty sweet that I’ll have my workout done by 6 AM, right? Ha, who am I kidding? I’m crazy.

9. Have a super day!

Have you done any fall activities yet this season? If so, what?

What’s the weather like you by you these days?

When do you usually do your workout?

Comments

I also would fall into your “crazy” category haha. I like to do something before Joe leaves for work at 6 which means super early wake up times most days! Luckily Noah sleeps til 8 so I can get back in bed :-) Can’t complain about Texas’ weather for now either…. low 55, high 80. That’s good for us!!

2. Kaitlyn says

Haha, sounds like I’m a little crazy as well. I get up at 4:00am on weekdays to workout (only because I have to be at work around 6:45). It may seem crazy, but it’s really not tha bad once you get used to the routine!! :) hope class went well!

I loved that post from Katie!! And I will pray that Hunter’s ear is okay. I’ve had ear problems all my life, and ear infections are no fun at all.
    The weather is getting so cold over in NY! But it’s still bearable for now. Soon the huge jackets will have to be broken out!

We’ve been having some pretty amazing fall weather up here in Alberta, which is pretty unbelievable considering that we were already buried in snow at this time last year — it’s a nice change! And fingers crossed that your little guy starts to feel better soon <3

The weather in NJ has been perfect lately… I feel like we skipped fall last year and went from hot to freezing, so I am loving it!

I’m a evening person when it comes to working out, except on the weekends. Love a good Saturday morning run on the boardwalk. I’d rather be a morning person, but my job doesn’t really allow for that without waking up ridiculously early. And I love my sleep!

I wanted to do a corn maze and pumpkin patch this fall but we never got around to it. But we are carving pumpkins this weekend my Mother-In-Law gave us.
    The weather here has been so much nicer than last year, still sunny most days and no snow yet!
    I used to always workout in the evenings, after work and then Sunday morning but now that I am on maternity leave I have been working out in the morning. I am sure that will change again when baby arrives :)
    Hope Hunter does not get an ear infection!

Yikes, 4:50 am?! That’s SO early. Cool that the gym is open that early though! I don’t think my gym opens until 5am. When I was a baby, I had chronic ear infections. I had them every winter until I was 8! It was not fun. Praying Hunter gets better ASAP! :)

You are a trooper with a 4:30 wake up call and a baby! I get up at 5 for my workouts and I think I am the crazy one! ;) lol just kidding! I love morning workouts because they are over before I can even think twice about skipping them and I have the whole rest of the day to be productive I other areas of my life!

9. Colleen says

Cutest baby ever!! I hope he feels better soon! Oh, early morning exercise- feels so good when you are done, but getting up that early is torture! Although, the earliest I’ve gotten up for a run or a fitness class is 5:30 so major props to you!

10. Katie says

Hahaha…I think I’m still laughing about #7. I think at 2 weeks I was like I need Fresh air! We took Drake to the pumpkin patch/corn maze and he loved it! Slept like a rock that night! It’s really chilly here now :( About 35-40 yuk! I usually workout in the AM too. I live about 25 minutes from the gym so if we lived closer I would def. be going at 5Am before Drake wakes up! P.S. The closest Whole foods is about 2 hours away :( But I’m hoping since we are traveling this weekend to Madison I will be able to find that yogurt! Thanks Ash!!!

Haha, I know, right?! I couldn’t believe what she said. You could look online where the yogurt is… I’m actually wondering if it’s not in the midwest states yet. Another blogger said she couldn’t find it in the Chicago area. It’s worth looking though! ;)

Whoa–that IS early!!! That is when I wake up to TEACH a pump class. hah. How was it???! I thought Cody has today off, p.s.? Or did it change? Just curious ;)

I’m sorry Hunter isn’t feeling well! Whenever you want, come by & pick up some stuff & he’ll be better in no time!

Have FUN with your fam!!! that rocks!! xo

I actually really loved it! There were NO cars on the road (usually when I leave, everyone else is leaving for school/work), and it was so nice to have my workout in and shower before Hunter woke up. Cody’s schedule is super confusing at the moment. I was pretty tired come the afternoon, but I think I may do it every once in awhile. This week and next week he went back to a M-F 7-4 shift for some training, and then the first week of November he goes back to his 4 day/10 hour schedule.

We’re having the same type of awesome fall weather here in RI. Although, I admit that I finally had to give in and turn the heat on. We don’t have any insulation in our walls so once it actually gets “cold”, it’s sometimes colder in our house than outside!

Enjoy your visit with your family!

I’ve been trying to get up early on days that I have a double for work….but it just hasn’t worked out. I’ll take these days as my rest day even though I am running around at both places. I’ll use that as cardio! Ha!

I know! I walked away so flustered. I kept thinking, “Maybe she thought I said 6 weeks?” But he definitely looks WAY older than that. LOL. Who knows. Thanks for the prayers, friend. He’s actually doing MUCH better. Congestion is pretty much gone, and he’s acting like his same old self. Yay!

14. Karen says

I workout before the baby wakes up! Its SO much easier. My husband doesn’t understand why I get up so early bc I SAH but honestly it feels so good to have my workout done and be showered and ready for the day before everybody else even wakes up. :)

Exactly! I actually loved it! I was tired come mid afternoon, but I think I could get used to it every once in awhile.

I don’t even want to think about weather right now – I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning!
    Annnd you are a tad crazy ;-) I can’t bring myself to wake up for the 6 am gym classes, let alone any that start earlier!

I love having my workouts done super early! I wish my gym offered earlier classes but I’m left to fend for myself. Which is kind of fun but an early spin class would be nice every once in awhile. Yay your family is coming to visit! Hope you have a great time with them!

I feel more motivated when someone else is pushing me, especially THAT early, so it is nice to have some extra early classes available!

17. Veronika says

I wake up around 4:30 to work out too… sometimes around 3:30 when my baby sitter has to leave at 6AM. Totally feel your pain Ashley- but you’re right- it’s pretty awesome to have your workout done by 6AM.(:

Wowee! What time do you go to bed? Not sure I could wake up before 4:30 to be honest… That was so early for me. Ha! It was SO nice though. I may do it more every once in awhile.

Haha me too, Jan! Which is why it’s so rare that I’ll do it! I was just really craving a good workout because I haven’t had one all week since Hunter’s been sick.

I totally understand how it feels when you’re excited to do/go somewhere and little baby starts fussing too much. :P May Hunter be healed before anything else comes His way in Jesus’ name! Hang in there Ashley, you’re doing a great job! Oh, and I usually work out sometime before lunch because it’s the most predictable time for Selah to be napping. :)

4:50 am class!!?? That is crazy! I used to teach at 5:15 and 5:30- and that was early enough! I could still roll out of bed at 4:45 and quickly get dressed to be there on time. But, being done with your workout THAT early is pretty awesome. :)