Feeling Blessed

I feel so “out of the loop” with how you all are doing! It’s been since Wednesday evening that I spent much time at my computer. If I’m being honest, it’s been much needed and felt great to unplug for a few days to spend quality time with some of the people in my life that I love the most.

I just feel so blessed. These two – such blessings in my life. My aunt is like another mom to me. She helped raise me and has been by my mom’s side through thick and thin. And then my mom –she’s the best mama a girl could ever ask for.

I wish our time together was more frequent, but it just makes the time we do have together that much sweeter.

Hunter absolutely loved having his Grammy and Auntie love on him all weekend long. Even if he was a little fuss-bucket. Not sure what the deal was, but he decided to be a little crab-ster and not sleep well. Teething maybe? Who knows. Regardless, he’s so darn cute, how could you be upset with him?

After MOPS on Thursday morning, I came home to my mom and aunt! We then headed out to Kneaders for lunch. A turkey and cranberry salad with Asiago cheese bread was where it was at.

The rest of the day was spent taking naps (my mom and aunt had an early flight, and I was pooped from my ridiculous 4:50 AM Pump Class), making and eating homemade pizza, and soaking up our time with one another.

The girls + Hunter headed to Gardner’s Village (an outdoor shopping area with fun boutiques, bakeries, etc.) on Friday afternoon to eat lunch and shop around. They dress it all up for fall and Halloween, so it was fun to see all the décor and festivities going on.

Later in the day we went to Cody’s work to say hi and check out their little Halloween festival they had going on. I was so impressed! They dressed up the office for all the employees’ families and kids so they could come and play games, get candy, and do crafts.

Friday evening we all headed to one of our favorite Mexican food joints. I ordered my usual – a chicken taco and chicken enchilada. You better believe I cleared that plate. I <3 Mexican food.

Hunter had a little bit of a rough day on Friday, so we decided to lay low on Saturday and hung out in our jammies for the morning, ate cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs, and chatted with coffee in hand. We headed out for a bit in the afternoon to grab lunch and hit up the outlet mall for a couple hours.

Sunday morning was church and then it was time to say our good-byes. *tear* I really hate good-byes. Good thing I get to see them again in a few weeks.

P.S. There’s only a few days left to participate in my October Fruits & Veggies Challenge! You all are doing a GREAT job!

Tell me, how was YOUR weekend?

Does your family live nearby? If not, how far away do they live?

Comments

glad you had such a good weekend!!! Like you, my family lives far away (about a 10 hour drive?). Sometimes I definitely feel really sad about it, but when I think it helps me appreciate it more when I do see them!

Happy Monday!!! :) Hope Mr. Hunter is feeling better.

Love how you spent your weekend! I’m sure it was such a great time for both of them, too, to hang out with you and Hunter! My family lives close, and I am so thankful for that! I don’t know what I would do if I needed to get on a plane to see them!

Spending time with family is literally the best! I’m a very family oriented person and we try to get together with them as much as possible. I’m very lucky that most of my family lives within an hour from us, which makes frequent visits possible.

LOVE Hunter’s costume!

Does sound like such a fun weekend! I’m lucky in that both of our families are here… except both of our brothers are in Arizona which is sad, but at least they’re in the same city so it makes visiting them a bit easier! :)

5. Katie says

Drake and I spent all weekend is our jammies…The cold bug hit our house on Friday morning and doesn’t want to leave. I’ve also had a very fussy baby! Hunter is so cute in his halloween outfit! My family leaves about 20 minutes away which has came in handy lately! However the rest live pretty far! Always hard to say goodbye

I’m so glad you got to spend time with your mom and aunt! There is nothing better than family time. I’m always so sad when I have to say my ‘good byes to my mom and step dad. I do feel like living far away an only getting to see them a few times a year makes our visits extra special.

Looks like a great weekend, I’m sure getting to see some family members made it all the more special!

I do have family nearby, which is new but definitely nice thing to have. This is the first time in a while my immediate family doesn’t have hours separating us.

I had a great weekend, including some time with my fiances family! Also had some great runs this weekend which was just what I needed.

Sounds like you had a great time with your Mom and Aunt. I could not imagine living away from my Mom, so good for you! All my family (which is really small) lives within 20 minutes of me.

Sorry Hunter was a little fussy-pants. Addie has several moments throughout most days when she gets like that. And then the rest of the time, she’s great. Go figure.

I’m soooo glad you had such a great time with your family this weekend. That makes me happy! :)

I feel the same way when I take some time off from blogging — completely out of the loop! But it’s always nice to do it every once in a while, especially when it means that you’re out there enjoying time with your loved ones (and good food, naturally ;) ).

I feel really blessed that my parents only live a 20 minute drive away. I still don’t get too see them all that often, but we always have dinner together on Sunday nights, and it’s nice to know that they’re so close if I ever need them.

My husband and I just moved to Chicago to be closer to his side of the family. Before then we were in Minneapolis and it was SO HARD to be away from both of our families. It is so much easier around the holiday time and is great to be able to have Sunday dinners or random lunches with the fam :)

12. Nicole says

What a cute family picture of you, Cody, and Hunter at the office!
    Napping + pizza + cookies sounds pretty good to me! I took lots of naps on Saturday too (too many early mornings at work). I could barely keep my eyes open while I watched the UCLA football game with my BF on Saturday (okay, I napped through the entire 2nd half). Before football, we picked up pumpkins to carve tonight. Wooohoo!
    Have a great week! Hope Mr. Smiles isn’t so fussy today!

He was the cutest dino ever, love!!! How sweet he looked! Rocco also has that mummy outfit too, putting him in it tomorrow ( 4 month shots tomorrow, figured I would dress him cute for doctor, no fun though ) and we have a pumpkin sleeper from carters for halloween to wear!

Glad you had such a great time with your mom and aunt, family is something to be grateful for and time with them is precious!

Happy week to you and the family girl! <3

Hunter’s cuteness is just too much to handle! His hair! Gets me every time. Family time is so important. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become much more appreciative of my mom (not that I wasn’t before, but all that she does is more apparent to me now) and I value time spent with her. College has definitely woken up that “family first” part of me.

We moved back to Colorado to be closer to my mom which has been so nice. We live far from my sister and her husband and my husband’s family.

We had a packed weekend – photos, parties and visiting with family. While it was crazy, it was still awesome (now I’m just ready for a nap)

We actually just moved to be closer to family! Some days I wonder why, but most days I absolutely love it;)

17. Amanda N says

Hunter looks so cute in that costume! My mother got my little one a pumpkin outfit and can’t wait till Thursday! Luckily my immediate family all live within 45 mins so we see them regularly. The rest of my family is dispersed throughout MA and RI and since we live in NH it’s not too far.

Hunter is just so cute it kills me! Especially in that little costume. :)
    Greg has a ton of shirts JUST like Cody’s in that photo. I love ‘em!
    We haven’t found a new “favorite” Mexican joint since we moved- but I have no problem testing different places out until we find the “right” one!

Oh my gosh!!! Your little one is SOOOO cute!!! I have been having baby fever lately and it seems I am always finding blogs with ADORABLE kiddos! Mine just turned 5 and I have been looking at his baby pictures lately… hormones be still!

I too love Mexican food! I just started eating meat again and I really like the chicken tortilla soup at our local restaurant. Really fresh!

Happy to have found your blog! I cannot wait to follow! <3

XxOo Tasha

Thanks so much, Tasha! I think he’s pretty darn cute too, if I do say so myself. ;) Welcome to the blog! Thanks for saying HI!