11/14/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. I’ve been a little distant in the social media/blog world this week. Don’t take it personally if I haven’t returned your emails or blog comments. It’s not you, it’s me. Winking smile

2. Speaking of all of that, my blog posting may be a little spotty this next week while we’re in Arizona. I’m going to try to check in here and there, but I want to soak up the time I have with my family as much as I can. Thanks for understanding!

3. We discovered Hunter LOVES green smoothies! I’m so excited about this since getting anything green in him seems to be nearly impossible these days. He’s finally figured out the straw, so he just slurps them right down!

Capture

4. Runny noses and sore throats… They’re back with a vengeance in our house, and I think I’m about to go crazy. I despise being sick (I mean, who loves to be sick?!), and I despise seeing my husband and son not feeling well even more – especially right before we leave for Arizona! I’ve been doing everything I can to keep the germs away – humidifier going constantly, disinfecting everything and anything, washing my hands so much that my hands are cracking, taking Airborne like it’s going out of style, drinking green smoothies daily, and I even tried the lemon essential oil. I just hope it doesn’t drag on through the entire winter season, otherwise it’s going to be an extra long one…

5. I got my haircut yesterday. Nothing crazy, just a trim, but wow – isn’t getting your hair done by someone else the best feeling ever?! You better say yes otherwise I may worry about you.

6. I have two girlfriends here in Utah that just had babies in the last few weeks (one of them being the lovely Annette), and one girlfriend that’s about to pop! I’m so excited to hold all of these precious newborn babies. Smile

7. I go in phases with Pinterest. Weeks will go by that I don’t get on it at all, and then all of a sudden I find myself browsing and pinning away – this is one of those times.

I will manually make 200+ pinterest backlinks + google fast index for $5. Please go to http://fiverr.com/krystariz/manually-build-super-200-pinterest-backlinks-from-pr8-authority-site

8. I took Hunter to get his booster flu shot yesterday, and he didn’t shed ONE tear! I kept telling him to be strong for mama, so he must’ve listened. I was so proud.

9. Can I just tell you how much I despise packing?! It takes me forever to pack for myself, and then add a baby into the mix… Oy. I swear I forgot something. Let’s just hope it’s nothing too crucial.

10. Alright, I’m out. Busy day ahead!

Have you or anyone in your family been sick lately?

What’s your favorite way to get pampered – haircut, nails, massage, etc.?

Are you a fan of Pinterest? Leave your username so I can follow you!

Comments

I hope all of you feel better soon. We have all had colds on and off since Sophia started preschool. Right now we are in the worst of it. Like you I hate seeing everyone sick. It is really no fun.

Have fun in Arizona. Enjoy your time together.

2. Mia says

Just remember that there are stores everywhere and if you forget anything, you can pick it up! :) safe travels to y’all!

Packing is the -worst-… especially since I usually end up putting it off until the night before I have to leave, so I’m scrambling to get everything in my suitcase and can never seem to shake the feeling that I’ve forgotten something. Thankfully, I’ve lucked out and managed not to leave anything behind, but it’s only a matter of time…

Hope you feel better soon! Maybe a little time away with family is just what you need :)

I’m the same way with Pinterest! I randomly logged in the other night for like an hour, but prior to that it had probably been 3-4 weeks!

It’s funny you mention being sick. I haven’t been sick yet (knock on wood) but my wife *just* this morning was saying she wasn’t feeling so hot. Has a slight cough, “fuzzy” feeling, congested…I’ll be sanitizing like crazy!

Good luck with your packing! I’m notorious for making lists for packing so I don’t forget anything. Maybe that will help you!

I hope you all feel better soon, it sounds like your doing everything you can to try to keep the germs away! Enjoy the time with your family! Haircuts seriously are amazing! I Love having people play with me hair, so relaxing.

Knock on wood…me and my family haven’t gotten sick yet; although, I’m sure it’s just a matter of time. Ugh!

Oh gosh, I hate packing too! That’s always the thing I look forward to the least when I’m going on a trip. So annoying!

Ahh being sick is no fun! It is pretty expensive, but seriously, Amazing Grass is the best stuff ever for immune boosting! Those green smoothies will definitely help too! ;)

I love all things pampering – pedicures, massages, facials, etc. if they weren’t so expensive I would go once a month! :)

Hair, then nails, then massage. I like a massage at the time but when you leave it’s all over. At least you can take your hair and nails with you! :) Love that he loves green smoothies, load him on them, so good! No doubt he’ll be a PB and Jelly fan too! I HATE packing but I HATE unpacking even more!

The excitement I have for a hair appointment on Saturday is almost unhealthy ;)
    Sorry you guys are sick!! No fun! Safe travels today- maybe Hunter will surprise you on the plane, after all, he is an angel!
    Amelia would love to meet him lol- we live right down the street from Zoyo :)

We are driving… So it’ll be a long drive, but we’re leaving in the early evening so I’m hoping he’ll just sleep the whole way. So you live right around Tatum & Shea? My parents are right down the street from there too. It’s a busy week with family, but if we happen to have some free time, I’ll DM you on Twitter and maybe we can figure something out. :)

I’m sorry your house has been sick!! That’s not fun at all. Try eucalyptus oil in the humidifier and rub on noses and chests…. Just a dab on Hunter because it’s strong. On another note, that’s awesome that you have so many friends with babies. We are like the only ones and I’d love some weekend family fun with other couples!

It’s a new thing for me… When I first had Hunter, we had hardly any friends that had babies! I’m loving it though. Thanks for the tip on the eucalyptus!

I cannot go anywhere without forgetting something! Usually it’s either my glasses or contact solution, so if you have either of those double check that they’re packed ;-)
    Adore Pinterest…and spend way too much time on it. My username: sprinklesblog :-D

I’ve been holding onto a cold for the past month now. It is NOT fun. Pampering is so wonderful, especially after a long and/or stressful week. I like getting my hair cut and pedicures; I like massages too but don’t get them very often.
    I love Pinterest! I spend too much time on it at times. My username is faithfulaly :)

Put a bunch of greens (i.e. spinach, kale, chard, etc.), your favorite frozen fruit, and some liquid (i.e. milk, OJ, etc.) into a blender and blend!

yes we love pinterest –> purelytwins :)
    and our posts can go through periods of being random, life happens haha
    and girl we are so behind on emails, we hope to get to some of them today

My 5 year old was sick last weekend and my 11 year old has been down and home with the same thing the past 2 days, I’m pregnant so trying extra hard to NOT get sick! Hope you’re enjoying your time in Arizona :)

Oh no! Sorry to hear that you are all under the weather again :( Hoping you guys get better soon and have a fun time in AZ though!
    My favorite way to get pampered is getting my hair done for sure. I find it relaxing when they wash, trim, and blow-dry my hair :)
    My Pinterest is littleyeungster (I made the name, like, last year..) I’ve got a monster board with everything food and some other boards with workouts and life stuff!

Pedicures! Especially during pregnancy – it is way too uncomfortable to try to reach your own toes when a baby bump in the way. I also love when my hair gets washed before a haircut – it feels SO nice when they massage your scalp.
    Hope your family gets well soon!

17. Amanda N says

I’m hoping we can make it through the winter without any colds/sickness but we’ll see. Hope yours doesn’t stick around! Getting your hair washed/cut/styled by someone is the best. Especially the washing part. I don’t really do nails and am too ticklish and afraid to get a pro massage. I am the same way with Pinterest….username arez16. Its too bad pinning things doesn’t magically get them made . . . I have way to many crafts and recipes pinned. Have fun in AZ, I’m envying the warmer weather you’ll be experiencing.

Oh noooo he’s growing soo fast!!!! Already drinking smoothies? Already drinking through a straw? Haha, and he looks so adorable in that picture. Stay safe and take care of yourself, Ashley! Ps: that card is sooo funny! I sometimes do wish someone could come to my house with all those pretty outfits, recipes, and photos that I pinned like there’s no tomorrow.

Yes to everything here. :) Haircuts, Pinterest phases, hatred for packing and sickness. Hope everyone’s feeling better soon and you enjoy your time away!! We’ll be here waiting when you get back, no rush. :)