11/21/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. Uhh, apparently it’s Thursday? Smile I totally get my days mixed up when I’m on a vacation trip. Speaking of which, can you believe Thanksgiving is a week from today?! Ahhh, crazy!

2. I’ve determined it’s a trip with child(ren), and it’s a vacation when it’s adults only. I must say though, we’ve been very lucky this week with Hunter’s sleep! He’s been sleeping really well which makes a world of a difference. When we were in California a couple months ago, he was waking up every 2-3 hours throughout the night, so I was exhausted by the time our trip ended. And our parents are here to help out on this trip, which is so nice!

3. Can we just talk about the fact that I’ve been wearing tank tops this week?! Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, it’s beautiful, but it sure doesn’t feel like November! P.S. Just realized I was changing Hunter as this photo was being taken… Ha!

P1080046

4. So yeah, I tried out Crossfit yesterday for the first time! It was one of the most fun yet one of the most challenging workouts I’ve ever done. I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

5. If you live or visit the Phoenix area, you most likely know what Oregano’s is – pretty much the best pizza, pasta, salad, and pizookie (aka “pizza cookie”) restaurant known to man. I’ve been dreaming about it since last week. We finally made our way there last night, and it was SO GOOD. I’ve missed you Oregano’s.

6. Oh, and to add on to #5, I’ve determined my new favorite kind of pizookie is white chocolate macadamia nut. Holy cow. So.darn.good.

7. Have you ever heard of the game Worms? My brother introduced it to Cody and me this week. We’ve been having Worms tournaments all week long. The way the worms talk cracks me up!

8. Hunter is cutting a tooth! It’s exciting and no fun all in one. Another milestone, but he’ll randomly get extra fussy. Fortunately, it’s nothing some Children’s Tylenol and extra cuddling can’t fix.

P1080049

9. We have a fun little adventure today that I can’t tell anyone about just yet, but it’s potentially pretty crazy and exciting!

10. On that note, I gotta jet! Have a great Thursday!

What’s the weather like by you this week? Where do you live?

Have you ever had a “pizookie”? What’s your favorite kind?

Have you heard of/played the game Worms?

Comments

I wish I was still wearing tank tops in November, but unfortunately it’s super cold here. It was 24 degrees this morning. Brrrrr! And…I’m so not a fan of the cold. I’m definitely a warm weather type girl!

Can’t wait to hear about your fun adventure! :-)

Haha my parents would probably agree with that idea – trip with children, vacation with adults! And I’m excited to hear about your crossfit experience, I’ve always wanted to try it but it’s soooo expensive and not worth it if I only go 2-3 times a week (which is all I’d be able to do while training for races)

I love how happy Hunter always looks in pictures!
    And ohmygoodness, WORMS. I used to love that game! My brother and I were obsessed when we were younger and used to have tournaments that lasted for hours. So much fun!
    And I’m also extremely jealous of your tank-top weather. I’m pretty sure I was just meant to be in a warmer climate!

4. Nicole says

First off, let me just say…..Hunter’s smile is AMAZING! :D So glad ALL of you are getting restful nights sleep!

We finally have rain in Southern California! Wooohoo!! Last week, it was sunny and 80 degrees. It finally feels like fall! Such perfect snuggle-up-on-the-couch weather!

Pizookies…..soooo good! I will have to try the CC+Mac combination! Warm cookies + ice cream > pumpkin pie + cool whip.

WORMS?? I must look it up! Hopefully over the Thanksgiving holiday, I can play some board/family games with my bro, boyfriend, and Dad. We always have a great time! :)

Enjoy the rest of you vacatrip! ;)

5. Erika says

We are suppose to get an inch of snow tonight. I like snow but I’m not sure I’m ready for it yet.

I love white chocolate and macadamia nuts together.

I highly recommend Hyland’s Teething Tablets for teething – they work so well.

My husband LOVES Worms, and I’m just about the worst player you’ll ever encounter! I think I get so caught up in how stinkin’ cute the worms are and how funny all the different weapons are that I actually forget to PLAY the game. I think my absolute favorite weapon is the Sheep. I cry from laughing so hard any time the sheep is played!

Looking out the window and seeing a blizzard outside, I canNOT believe you’re wearing a tank top, but you better believe I’m super jealous :P And I’ve never had a pizookie before, but uhm… I’m thinking I’m going to have to change that, stat! Omigosh it looks amazing!

Hope you’re having fun on your secret adventure! ;)

I will ALWAYS be okay with wearing tank tops in November…and December…..and January. I hate the cold, if you cannot tell!!

I have never heard of “Worms”, you need to tell us more about it.

Annnnnnd, I cannot wait to hear about this potentially crazy thing that you cannot tell us about!!

Freezing/baltic!!! The cold has suddenly hit and its such a shock to the system!! It’s been below 2 degrees most mornings…the hats and gloves are out! (35 ish Fahrenheit I think!) Can’t wait to hear about crossfit!!! Hunter looks so cute sitting up in the last pic!

Yesterday was our first rainy day of the season, and today it’s super windy. Looks like fall has finally decided to make its way to California. Dang. Um, YES I’ve had a pizookie. This restaurant chain called BJ’s has this party-sized one — you get to pick three cookie flavors & three ice cream flavors for it. It’s hilariously ridiculous.

I say this basically every time I comment, but HUNTER’S HAIR! Gahhh. You need to mohawk that head of fluff ;).

YES – I’ve totally had BJ’s too. They have them here in AZ, and I went there all the time when I was in college in CA. And you’re so right – the party size one is CRAZY. One time in college, a bunch of us girls ordered one and just demolished it. It was awesome. :)

Oh #9 is just mean! Can’t wait to hear about it.

The weather today is best summed up as dismal. It’s raining and cold and just blah. But that’s New England in November for you. It’s just what I expect this time of year – but it’s not much fun to do grocery shopping.

I’ve never had a pizookie, nor have I ever been anywhere (that I can recall) that makes them. They sound amazing though! And I’ve never heard of Worms either. Sounds…interesting. LOL

12. Amanda N says

Such an adorable picture of Hunter! Here in New Hampshire its been getting cold, although today was rainy so not as bed. I have never had a pizookie….I really need to. I should just make one myself but then I’d probably want to make it all the time haha