12/12/13: Thursday Thoughts

1. I’m excited to be linking up to Amanda’s “Thinking Out Loud” series for the first time this week! Check out her blog today to see what everyone else is thinking about! Winking smile

Thinking-Out-Loud

2. Thanks for all of your feedback on yesterday’s post! It sounds like perfectionism is something a lot of us struggle with at times. And those of you that don’t, that’s awesome – I think we need more of you in this world to help chill out us perfectionists! Winking smile I am getting better though. Motherhood has taught me a lot in that area!

3. Seriously, what is my deal with Oreos lately? Oreo milkshake please. Enjoyed by Christmas tree light.

Capture

4. Hahaha. This is SO Hunter!

5. Our little Christmas cookie decorating party was so much fun yesterday! I think it went really well. The kids had a blast and us moms had a nice time chatting – success! These girls have been such a blessing to me. I’m going to have high expectations if I ever have to join a new group.

6. By the way, if you’re looking for a good sugar cookie mix for cutouts, Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix is where it’s at. It’s SO easy, cheap, and is the best cookie dough I’ve ever used for cutouts!

7. I think I’m going to grow out my hair again. Or maybe not? I don’t know! Seeing photos like the one below makes me miss my long hair a lot, but I do like my short hair and it is easier to do… Ahhh, I can’t decide. Decisions, decisions.

long curly hair - this makes me want to grow out my hair again!!

via Pinterest

8. I decided I’m calling it quits on The Walking Dead. This season has just gotten to be too much for me. I need a happy show!

9. Cody has off work today, so I’m off to hang out with him and my baby! Catch y’all later!

What is your favorite kind of milkshake?

Do you bake and/or decorate Christmas cookies?

Long or short hair?

Which (happy) show are you watching these days?

Comments

Mmm, Oreo milkshake! Sounds awesome! I’d go with either that one, or plain vanilla.

We bake tons of cookies every year because we bring them to our gatherings, but we also pass them out to neighbors and the mailman.

I was almost ready to quit Walking Dead because of the two episodes that were strictly about the Governor. I hate him more than any character I’ve ever hated in TV or movies. I don’t like the actor either. But then the mid-season finale happened and rejuvenated me! I can’t wait until February to see the rest of the season. I watch mostly dramas and stuff like that, so not a whole lot of strictly “happy” shows, but the ones I can think of that I do watch are Big Bang Theory, New Girl and Modern Family.

i’m a fan of long hair on me, but like both styles on other people! you’ll be gorgeous either way :) :) you can always try to grow it out and if you don’t like it – chop it! that’s the beauty of hair!! haha

I aaaaaalways want long hair, but it will get long and then I can’t do anything with it because it’s so thin!! I like the past the shoulders stage that I’m at right now, so if it takes its time growing, that’s fine by me!!!!

Enjoy your day with Cody and Hunter. It’s minus a million degrees here today, so I hope Nia is ready for some snuggles!

Oo the constant hair debate. Mine is long right now, but I’m SO tempted to cut it short every time I go get it done. Not only would it be so much easier to manage, but I think it can look so chic too. I’ve even entertained the thought of going pixie, but gah!… The grow out phase just freaks me out.

I do a lot of Christmas cookie baking, but it’s been a few years since I’ve done anything that required cookie cutters. I think mostly because I don’t like having to chill and roll the dough — too much extra waiting and I need my cookies yesterday ;)

That’s one of the reasons I loved the Betty Crocker stuff – no waiting! Just mix it up, roll it out, cut, and bake!

I love the coconut cream pie shake from Sonuc. Sooooo good though I rarely get them because dairy kills my stomach!

My hair was long for the last few years but recently I cut it to my shoulders and now I want to go even shorter. Long hair is pretty but short hair can be so fun and sassy which I feel actually fits my personality better!

6. Mia says

I’m not much of a milkshake gal, but I like Wendy’s Frosty’s and Mississippi Mudge Fudge Blizzards from DQ. Can that count?
    This years Christmas confections consist of: PB Buckeyes, Cappuccino Fudge, Vanilla Bean Fleur De Sel Caramels, Candy Cane Macarons, Gingerbread, Iced Sugar, Date Bars, Raspberry Bars, and Almond Toffee. Whew! Hope all of our family/friends enjoy their mailboxes this week!

I REALLY like your short hair right now, but you can always try to grow it out again and if you get sick of it, chop it. I can’t do anything above shoulder length on myself. I end up hating it.
    My H and I have our ‘go to’ shows each week (How I Met Your Mother, The Middle, Blue Bloods, The Good Wife, Big Bang Theory, and the occasional Gray’s Anatomy). He likes the show ‘Moms’ but it drives me crazy.

I do like the plot, the drama, and the suspense of the show, but the gory parts are what get me. I cover my eyes a lot through those parts. But the other night, the episode we watched was just too much for me!

I always go back and forth with the short hair/long hair debate. In high school and college my hair was never longer than my shoulder. I loved it that way, but I’ve been growing it out for the last year and kind of love that it’s long. But I need a cut desperately right now. Ugh. Girl problems right?!

I participated in the Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year and made white chocolate peppermint crunch cookies. I didn’t eat them due to my current diet of eating no gluten, eggs or dairy, but they looked yummy. I also can’t decide about my hair! I have been growing it out, but when I constantly get it pulled, I think maybe short is the way to go.

Haha I adore the walking dead, but I will agree that it is definitely not a happy show ;-) it’s so good though!
    And i’m happy to hear that the Christmas cookie decorating party went well! I mean, how could you go wrong with cookies?
    And I can’t even remember the last time I had a milkshake, but an Oreo version sounds pretty epic ;-) I usually just go for chocolate!

Love Modern Family. I tend to watch sitcoms because they’re happier. When I was watching Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, I had to take breaks here and there with sitcoms, haha.
    And I desire to have really short hair about every 4 or 5 years. Otherwise, I try to grow it out (unfortunately, my hair grows really slowly).

I’ve really always had long hair, but a few months ago I decided I wanted a big change and chopped A LOT of it off – it was just down to my jawline after the cut. And while I think it looks okay (others say they like it haha), I really really want my long hair back asap. Long hair is just so much easier! I don’t have to style it to really make it look nice, and it’s so simple to throw up in a cute ponytail/bun.

12. Katie says

Any shake with PB & Banana, oh and some chocolate ;) . I go back and forth with the hair thing, One day I want it long and the other day I want it short. However I’m growing it out because I want long hair for my wedding day! I LOVE making christmas cookies! I need to get a start on mine!

Glad your little get together was a success! I usually go for a chocolate pb or chocolate banana milkshake, but an Oreo one sounds good! I baked some cookies over the weekend and plan on baking more this weekend for the hubby to bring into work for his soldiers. I’m a long-haired kinda girl. I cut my hair shorter (collar bone area) about 5 years ago and I will NEVER go short again. It just doesn’t look good with the shape of my face, and I think I wore some kind of hat everyday for a year unless I was at work, ha! I’m looking for a new show, too. I’ve heard good things about Modern Family…maybe I’ll look into that.

I always grow it and then donate it to locks of love. that way sometime sort other times long lol. we are going to go crazy with cookies (see blog post). Oreos yum!!! nothing wrong with that.

15. Stacey M. says

Growing up, my mom always made sure I kept my hair shoulder length or shorter. The last time I got it cut really short (I was probably 12 or 13 years old), I was absolutely devastated … my hairdresser cut it so short I could barely tuck it behind my ears! After that, I swore I’d never have hair that short again. Though I now tend to keep it shoulder length (because I think it looks best on me), I am currently letting it grow a bit in preparation for my cousin’s upcoming wedding. Long hair is much easier to style, IMO.

I don’t really watch a whole lot of TV anymore … life just gets in the way of that most times. However, I do enjoy reruns of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc. I also watch Grey’s Anatomy sometimes, and Criminal Minds is one of my favorites (but it’s not always happy either). Have you ever watched the show Nashville? It’s based on the lives of country music stars (not real life stars though) … I think you might like it since I know you like country music. It’s mostly happy (I think), but FULL of drama as well. If you’re looking for some serious drama and suspense, perhaps you might like Scandal. Though I’ve not gotten into watching anything seriously, I have had Scandal on the TV a couple times and I must say it looks REALLY good!

I know exactly what you mean. I am so close to calling it quits on Criminal Minds because it’s just way too much. I’ve recently jumped on the Modern Family bandwagon, and it has quickly become a favorite in our house. So funny!

I’m liking my longer hair on me, but I do love yours short or long–either way you always look great! I do want a trim though, it’s time!

I can’t do scary or weird or hard to watch shows. Just.can’t. I love Once Upon a Time and Drop Dead Diva!

I love allllll milkshakes but especially chocolate ones with Reese’s in them :) And it’s a definite yes to Christmas cookies! I love, love, LOVE baking and have a pretty good reason to do so this time of year. I hope you’re having a wonderful day with your boys :)

Oreo milkshake with half a sleeve of Oreos and chocolate ice cream!

I feel like I’m baking cookies all December long! :)

Long hair always – I have a LOT of hair so if its short it just poofs out everywhere! It needs to be long to weigh down all the bulk!

My hubby and I are currently loving the Michael J. Fox show. Its pretty upbeat and makes us laugh!

I would LOVE a Reese’s PB cup shake/blizzard thing RIGHT NOW! :)
    And I have long hair now, and I’m thinking about cutting it and donating it….when it’s short I want it long, and vice versa! UGH!
    Hope you had a great day with your adorable little fam!!