I (Finally) Ordered My New Blender!

Well guys, I finally did it – I ordered my new blender!

Here’s what the beauty looks like:

Capture

It’s the Oster Beehive Blender, and it should be arriving at my house today! It seemed to get positive reviews and it’s made with quality parts, so hopefully it should last us for awhile and do what we need it to do (aka make smoothies). I’m pretty excited to use it to blend up a green smoothie for Hunter and me.

If you’re late to the game, I’ve been going back and forth about what blender to buy for months. I guess you could call me indecisive or something. My dream would be a Blendtec or Vitamix, but that’s just not in the cards for us right now. So, this will do for now. I’m just excited to have a more powerful and larger blender than the current status of my Magic Bullet.

So yes, that’s my excitement for the day. Winking smile Thanks so much for sharing all of your blender experiences and recommendations with me!

———————————————————————–

I also managed to photograph most of my eats yesterday, so in honor of What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW), I thought I’d share!

Peas and Crayons

wiaw1

Kodiak Cakes topped with thawed blueberries, crunchy peanut butter, & maple syrup

wiaw2

Plain Chobani mixed with Designer Whey Vanilla Almond Protein Powder and a pinch of stevia, and topped with roasted almonds

wiaw3

(Half eaten) sandwich made with turkey, avocado, goat cheese, dijon mustard, & spinach

wiaw4

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread spread with salted sweet cream butter

wiaw5

wiaw6

Homemade “Chipotle Bowl” made with brown rice, black beans, pinto beans, half of a sliced avocado, salsa, plain Greek yogurt, & shredded cheese

wiaw7

Mug Brownie (<—yep, still lovin’ it!)

It was a pretty darn good day of eats if I do say so myself!

I’m planning to do my “long run” for this week today since we’re going on a mini getaway with some friends this weekend. 5 miles is on the agenda, so wish me luck! (And send some positive vibes to my hip please!)

P.S. Don’t you just love my new running shorts?! They were given to me by Fabletics, an activewear line by Kate Hudson. I’m going to try them out for my run today, so we’ll see how they hold up. They sure do pass the cuteness test though! Do you spy Baby Hunter?! Also, I think it’s about time to clean the mirror. Yikes!

Capture

Note: I have switched my primary email address to ashlw0304@gmail.com. Please take note of this for future reference! Thanks!

Anyone have experience with the Oster Beehive Blender?

Are you an indecisive person? (I am when it comes to certain things, while other times I know exactly what I want.)

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten this week? (It’s a toss up between the frittata, pancakes, and the sandwich ((shown above)).)

What’s your workout for today?

Comments

how are your pictures SO GOOD this week?!? i mean they always are, but this week they look different in a really great way!!! all of your eats look awesome – interested to hear more about fabletics!

Yah yah yah! That is awesome on your new blender! I have a Ninja and I love it, but lately it has been starting to blend a little less powerfully. I think I use it too much lol!

Yum, that banana bread recipe from Courtney sounds amazing! I think chocolate chips should be required in all baked goods! ;)

I can’t even look at fluffy pancakes when I STARVING for breakfast and drawing a blank for what we even have in the house lol. I hope the new blender works out nicely. As soon as my grandma gives me her next hand-me-down vitamix, you can have mine haha.

Yay for getting a new blender! I love mug cakes and that one looks exceptionally yummy! Best thing I’ve eaten this week so far is chicken salad that I made. And no workout for me today…I usually take Wednesdays off, but tomorrow I’ll be going to Zumba.

:lol: Omigoodness — Hunter looks so tiny in that pic! Adorable.

And yay on the new blender! I have the same problem when it comes to committing to things, and I’ll often spend WAY too much time comparing and going over the pros and cons. I honestly have no idea if it makes a lick of difference in the end, but hey… at least I feel like I’m trying to be proactive ;)

Love the goat cheese on the sandwich. I rarely buy goat cheese, mostly because I just forget that it exists, but it livens up any meal (<< I sound like an infomercial for goat cheese). I also looove salted butter on banana bread. It's the best possible topping for a little salty and sweet.

Congrats on the new addition to the family. I think he's going to blend right in ;).

I always forget about goat cheese too, but then I found it at Costco for a really good price and have been loving it on EVERYTHING! Hahaha love the blender joke. ;)

Congrats on the new blender! Did you guys ever look at Costco? We recently got the Ninja blender there and LOVE it! I personally think it’s silly to spend a copious amount of money on a blender, and the Ninja is kind of mid-range in price (ours was $150). It’s a large blender AND a food processor in one, but also came with three individual blender cups for personal smoothies. Plus, Costco has an awesome return policy should anything ever happen to it- no questions asked!

We did look at Costco! I looked at the Ninja there, but we didn’t need the whole package (food processer, etc.) … I just wanted the blender. Plus, I had an Amazon gift card to use and $50 was my limit. ;)

Random comment for you – We have been giving Aiden green smoothies with a ton of spinach in them and if we give them to him too much, he gets a bad diaper rash. I looked it up and apparently there are a lot of nitrates in spinach and it’s acid-y, so just watch him to make sure he isn’t getting an overabundance of spinach!

9. Beth says

Oh, your eats look so good! Especially the sandwich! I miss wheat bread (I eat gluten free bread and it is horrible and no nutrition in it). :(
    Can you post what brand and type of goat cheese that is? Is it slices or soft? Thanks so much!! Let us know how you like the blender!

The goat cheese is soft, and I just bought it from Costco – it’s Kirkland Signature brand. Tastes great and the price is awesome!

Mmmmm your day of eats looks awesome!!! That choc chip banana bread–so so tasty!! Thanks for sharing it with me :)

I got some stuff from Fabletics too, and I need to put it on to do my workout :)

Good luck on the run!!

11. Katie Slade says

I need a new blender too! In the same boat as you, I have a magic bullet, and I can’t afford a vitamix or blendtec right now. Will you review this one after you get it and use it a few times?

Hi Katie! I probably won’t do a full post devoted to the blender, but I’ll definitely mention how it’s working for me in the next week or so. ;)

Your pancakes look SO yummy. I think I need to make some pancakes this weekend. I’m currently feeding an addiction to english muffins with Sun Butter, but I’ll be out by the weekend.

My workout today was 8x400s. I did a 1 mile WU, 8x400s w/an active recovery, and a CD. It ended up being 5 miles. Tomorrow I have 3 miles and body pump. My long run this week is 9 miles on Sunday. I’m pumped!

I cannot wait for the FULL REVIEW on your blender! I am a KitchenAid FREAK – I love mine. I use it 2x a day, everyday! HA! What I actually like best is that if… IF… something happens to it… In the event that it spots working, which… This has only happened ONCE after 4 years of use… I can return it to Bed, Bath & Beyond and they give me a BRAND NEW ONE – FREE! :D BBB rocks my socks!!!!!!

14. Amee @ didsomeonesaychocolate.com says

Hmmm…best thing I ate all week was PaleOMG’s Pizza Spaghetti Pie. The best! And my workout was a DVD at home with Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution. Butt kicking! Gotta love those mug brownies/cakes. They have to be chocolate though. Lol!

I am SUCH an indecisive person. The perfectionist in me always wants to make the “right” decision, even if a “right” decision doesn’t really exist. Lol I’ve been known to get extremely frustrated and upset after hours of being unable to decide something extremely minor. I’d rather be indecisive though than not care about the decisions I make and the impact they have! :)

YAY for the new blender! I am sure you are excited to put it to some good use soon!!

Loving the eats, especially the mug cake ;)

Happy almost weekend to you! <3

17. Beth says

How do you like your new blender? Can you please share some of your favorite smoothie recipes, please? I would appreciate it very much.

I miss your food posts. Will you be starting them anytime? Especially the WIAW at least?

I’ve been enjoying my new blender! I don’t really have any smoothie “recipes”, but the ones I do have you can find under my “food” tab at the top of my blog. I typically just throw a bunch of frozen fruit, a handful of fresh spinach, and some almond milk in and give it a whirl. I do post about food! I took a couple weeks off from any WIAW posts just because I got bored writing them, but I hope to post one this week.