02/27/14: Thursday Thoughts

1. It’s certainly been awhile since my last Thursday Thoughts post! I’d say it’s about time!

2. Anyone feeling some major spring fever coming on?! This week’s weather has been pretty much perfect around here, and I can’t tell you how ready I am to pull out the tank tops and flip flops!

3. I tried this Double Chocolate 2 Minute Protein Cake yesterday, and it wasn’t bad for a “healthy treat” (kind of a double standard, but you know what I mean). The chocolate chips and peanut butter are a definite must!

Capture

4. When I posted the above photo on Instagram, Courtney pointed out that it looked like Cody wanted in on some of the muffin. Haha!

5. We have a future snowboarder on our hands. At least he’s already thinking about safety.

Capture

6. I don’t think I’ve gone to bed earlier than 11:30 PM for the past week now. It’s pretty much been party central around here. A 9:00 PM bed time is calling to me tonight.

7. My mom is coming to visit in t-minus SIX DAYS! Woot!

8. It’s supposed to rain on Saturday. Running 11 miles in rain = not appealing. At least it’ll still be in the low 50’s though, right?

9. We’re going to get Hunter’s first hair cut today! Pretty exciting stuff!

10. Make it a great day!

Thinking-Out-Loud

What’s the weather been like where you’re at lately? Are you feeling spring fever?

What time do you usually go to bed during the week?

Do you like running in the rain?

Tell me three things you’re doing today!

Comments

I was feeling spring feverish last weekend. It was in the 50s and sunny, but the past few days have been freezing and we’re expecting another snowstorm on Monday. Ugh!

Three things I’m doing today: working, working out and relaxing (I can’t wait for that part!).

Oh, man, I have some serious spring fever. I live in KC, and the weather is supposed to be bitterly cold (like no higher than the 20s) for the next 8 days at least, with a good 5-6 inches of snow thrown in the mix. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I don’t think I’ll ever be so glad for spring as I will be this year!

It’s been in the 70s in Texas! Definitely have Spring fever. I usually go to bed between 9:30-10:30 and wake up at 5:15…sometimes it doesn’t feel like enough! Good luck on Hunter’s haircut!

Spring fever is not a dramatic enough expression for what I’m feeling. Haha. :) But I think I’m going to appreciate this spring more than possibly any other spring of my life!

Thank you for the late bedtime confession! For some reason it made me feel so much better about myself, haha. I’ve had the same problem lately and am feeling super guilty about it. We’ve been addicted to a new-to-us TV show and I literally cannot sleep unless we’ve gotten an episode in, no matter WHAT time we have to start. Such a bad habit!!

I aim for bed between 9:30-10 especially if I wake up between 5 and 5:30 to work out. Sometimes I am up a few nights later and then crash. I give you credit for the rain! I am not a fan of running in the rain, but if it’s just a light drizzle it’s not too bad. I would take rain over snow, though, which is what’s happening here, ugh!! Good luck on the long run though this week :) Three things today- work, run, and I think going to head to JCPenneys tonight!

6. Naomi says

I tried the Fitnessista’s protein cake last night too! I thought it was pretty good, especially with some Nutella on top ;) I also can’t wait for warmer weather!

Ahhhh his first haircut!!! Crazyness!

Yes, it has been so awesome this Spring weather. I am like bring.it.on. We are loving our walks lately!

I’ve been eating protein chocolate sauce & it’s killer good. I need to share about it b/c it’s yummy with ice cream ;)

8. Haley says

That looks yummy! I know I hate running in the rain! My first half marathon race is this Sunday and there is a 80% chance of rain! Yikes! :(

• Haley says

Thanks! ;) it has been going great! I did the actual 13.1 in my training the week before last. I know some half plans only go up to 10 or 11 miles but I just wanted to do it to see how it felt and because I am crazy lol. But it felt amazing and I did it in a comfortable 2:25 so I feel confident for a pretty good time on race day. :) best wishes on your half training as well! I love your blog!

Definitely feeling the spring fever around here! But it definitely hasn’t been because of the weather. We’ve been dealing with -25C for about a week now, but it’s been sunny and the days have been longer, so at least it -looks- a little more like spring. Well, minus all the snow anyways :lol:

And as a snowboarder, I fully approve of keeping safety in mind. Bonus points for chewing on straps — I’ll have to see if mine are long enough for that ;)

Last weekend gave us a taste of spring fever, but we’ve had snow for two days, and it’s getting down into the teens again at nights for the next several days. Shorts sound wonderful! I’m ready!

Can’t wait to see Hunter’s new haircut!

11. Katie says

Weather is horrible… NEGATIVE 15 today :’( Cabin fever like no other & Oh yes I have spring fever… I’ve been packing up our house for the move & I boxed up all my tanks & shorts! Oh how I want to wear them. Usually I go to bed around 10ish..however the last few days I’ve been so tired, so 9pm or once Drake goes down! I like running in the rain if it’s a “light mist” to cool off. One time I was racing & it was pouring buckets, I soaked & ended up with some horrible blisters! Three things today: sending out bills, baking some cookies & a coffee date to plan my SIL’s baby shower!

• Katie says

Me too! I feel like a snowman! haha.. Middle of April, We are “flipping” the house so we will have lots of work to do, so I’m hoping my organization and packing early will come in handy ;)

I like running if it’s raining lightly with not much wind. When it’s pouring and the wind is blowing hard (aka “raining sideways”), I won’t do it… I had to run a marathon in weather like that and the only reason I did that is because I paid for it.

It’s actually been really cold here this week! I don’t mind though. I’m one of those crazy people who isn’t actually a fan of spring. I always defend this opinion by saying it’s because I live in a place where spring means 100 mph winds, rain, and allergy season. If I lived near the mountains, I would probably feel just like you!

I could cry at any second about how desperate for Spring I am. We had a huge blizzard a week ago (over 9 inches of snow), and the temps have been below 10 degrees ever since. I have no idea why I live in MN during the winter months.

Seems to be the theme this week. It was so nice over the weekend (Austin, TX) then it got all cold and rainy. The poor plants, they’re gonna get so confused! We are getting some sun today so if you look out the window, it ‘looks’ like spring. I’m definitely ready for the 80′s and 90′s.

16. Becky says

Landon (12 months old) has already had two haircuts! He and Hunter have very similar hair! Make sure you take pics and keep some of the hair for his baby book! He’ll look instantly older, but so cute!

I’ve got a serious case of spring fever going on. Last weekend, highs here were in the 70′s! Then, yesterday, we were back to 30s. Boo! Hunter in a helmet is adorable. You know what they say…safety first! Looking forward to seeing how Hunter’s wild hair responds to a hair cut. ;-)

18. Amanda N says

I usually go to bed about an hour or two after my little one goes to bed (so about 9/9:30). I rarely stay up late! It’s been cold this week (and supposedly cold next week too) which is so frustrating especially when we had warmer weather last week. What can you do though? I actually like running in the rain (although running in COLD rain might be a different story) and have PR’d 3 times in races while it was running. Good luck on your 11 miles! I have 11-12 planned myself.

It has been late nights this week as well. We are trying to transition into a new routine and it is difficult but with time should work out. I hope to get in at least a 10 miler this weekend myself. Good luck with yours. Still praying for your family as you make our decision : )