Birthday Eats

You all sure do know how to make a girl feel special! Thank you so much for all of your sweet birthday wishes the last couple days. You guys are the best!

Peas and Crayons

My birthday started off great with a fun workout from Julie. I’m sure I’ll be feelin’ it for the next couple days!

My breakfast was this cereal using White Chocolate Designer Whey (it may be my new favorite flavor!) topped with thawed blueberries.

Capture

While I ate my breakfast, I read my devotions out of Jesus Calling. It was just what I needed.

I got Hunter and myself ready for the day, which was rather challenging considering he was being super clingy to me. I found my stomach still hungry, so I quickly warmed up a Quest protein bar in the microwave for a few seconds (my favorite way to eat them!) and shoveled it in before heading out the door to my friend’s house.

Capture

She wanted to make my day special so she took me out to lunch to Chick-Fil-A so the kids could play in the play place and we could chat over lunch. I forgot to snap a photo, but I had their chicken noodle soup (thick and hearty – it was so good!) and a salad.

And she surprised me with these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes! Aren’t they just so cute?! I was so excited to see they were chocolate, but then I bit into it and it had peanut butter on the inside! Even better!

I had a great day hanging out with one of my favorite people. A friend like her is rare; she’s such a blessing to me.

I grabbed a quick snack of Stonyfield Greek Yogurt that Annette gave me. She doesn’t care for coffee flavor, so I was happy to take it off her hands! I loved it! I stirred in a little peanut butter with it, and it was even better. Apparently I like peanut butter or something.

Capture

Cody made me a really special salmon dinner on Monday night to celebrate, but since we were in a strapped for time last night, I quickly made a homemade pizza. I used whole wheat dough from Whole Foods (our favorite!), and topped it with sauce, bell pepper, onion, mushroom, goat cheese, and mozzarella. It was delicious!

Capture

And another cupcake for dessert, of course. Winking smile

Capture

It was a really wonderful day all around, and I’m so thankful for all of you that made it so special for me!

P.S. My mom comes into town this morning! Woo hoo!

When is your birthday?

What makes you feel special on your birthday?

Do you like coffee and/or coffee flavored foods?

White cake or chocolate cake?

Comments

I’m in need of a new devotions book, I may need to check out Jesus Calling! And I wanna jump into the computer screen to eat one of those cupcakes. Yum!

2. susan says

Ashley, thanks for sharing your devotional on worrying – I’ve always excelled in that department and I’m in a stage of life that I find myself doing that alot. I’ve been trying just try just to keep my focus on God and know that He is our encourager – we should not look for our encouragement in our circumstances – and worry should not be something we waste our time on – it sure doesn’t solve anything!

3. sarah says

Hey Ashley-

Im trying to tap more into my spiritual side- which book exactly do you read your devotions from and would you recommend it or do you have another favorite?Thanks!

Chocolate cake always!!! I love having a bit more time to myself on my birthday and someone I wouldn’t expect remembering even just sending a text! A nice breakfast, dinner, fresh air, a good work and of course..cake! :)

5. Marieve says

Happy Belated Birthday Ashley! Quick question, the lent starts today, will you blog on it since you have a great relationship with God. I would need some ideas from a clean eating perspective (already cut out sweets, baked goods etc, would need something more challenging, binging?!)

Hi Marieve! I’m not opposed to or against lent, but lent is typically something that’s done more in the Catholic church. That being said, I personally don’t participate. It is something that you are giving up strictly to bring more of your focus to God. So just remember that if you are planning on doing it.

6. meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles says

I love to drink coffee but refuse to eat anything coffee flavored including ice cream, yogurt and other desserts….In terms of cake, chocolate all the way! Although I do enjoy a vanilla cake with chocolate fudge frosting…Love Stonyfield greek yogurt, totally the best tasting on the market!

I cannot stand coffee, but coffee-flavoured ice cream or desserts? LOVE. I really don’t get it…maybe I just need my coffee to have equal amounts of coffee, fat and sugar? ;-)
    Glad to hear that you enjoyed your birthday! Mine is October 24th.
    Annnd chocolate cake. Always.

Happy birthday Ashley! Hope it continues to feel special throughout the week with your mom’s visit. I’m sure it will – mom’s always know how to rock the birthday celebration :)

Glad you could help me take that off my hands! ;)

I am def frosting over cake or cupcake. I could just eat frosting (with a side of ice cream) and be fine. haha!

Sounds like such a fantastic birthday!!! You’re awesome, so it’s perfect that everyone told you so. xo!

10. Katie says

Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday!! :) Wish I could have wished you a Happy Birthday in Person.. XOXO Birthday is in September.. Really excited to be turning 25 and 7 days later I’m getting married! When people send me cards it makes me feel special… cards never get old to me. I have saved every single card Josh & my parents have given me & I love looking back. COFFEE flavored EVERYTHING. MmM.. how about a mix of white and chocolate!

White cake or chocolate cake?

11. ErikaMC says

My birthday is April 28th – my husband forgot it last year and he better make up for it this year! I’m not one to remind people it’s my birthday so when they remember themselves it makes it feel extra special.

My birthday is December 3rd, and I hope I always love celebrating it as much as I do now. Even turning 30 this year didn’t dampen my enthusiasm.

Thank you so much for posting that picture of your devotional yesterday. I read it, and it was exactly what I needed to hear since I always do much more than my share of worrying.

Have a great time with your mom!

13. Mia says

I love coffee flavored foods. I recently picked up a package of coffee hard candies at Whole Foods for when that craving strikes. Holy deliciousness!!!
    Chocolate hands down! Those cupcakes look yummy.
    Your link to a workout from pb fingers reminded me of a workout that Jen from Peanutbutterrunner.com posted today called the 500 rep workout (I think). I’m not comparing the two workouts, just the fact that pb fingers site always reminds me of pb runner. I swear it’s the peanut butter. ;) ha.

Hope you had a spectacular birthday!! My birthday is August 12 so I’ve got a while to go. I don’t like too much fuss on my birthday – but what I do like is to spend time with the ones I love!

I loveee coffee and coffee flavoured foods – I recently added a shot of espresso to one of my favourite brownie recipes and it was so so so so good! I’m definitely a chocolate cake girl, clearly :P

It is my birthday week too!!!!!! Happy Birthday! Birthday’s are so much fun!

Everything looks amazing! I love chocolate and pizza!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

<3 LP

I love chocolate cake, more that any person should be allowed to love cake. And anything coffee flavored is a close second. Now, if I was given cake that had chocolate and coffee in it, well just get out of my way because I would not be sharing!

17. Heather says

Happy Belated Birthday!! March birthdays are the best. Mine is tomorrow :D I will be entering the last year of my twenties – aaahhhhhh!!!! Your pizza looked amazing & now that’s all I can think about lol. Welp, time to go make my cake (chocolate chip with strawberry filling)! Have an amazing new year!!