Coffee Date (#2)

It’s been awhile since we’ve been on a coffee date, so whaddya say?

Grab your favorite mug, make your coffee just the way you like it (or tea or juice or JAVAPRO…whatever suits your fancy), and get comfy because I have lots to say!

On our coffee date, I’d tell you…

…I’m SO excited to be attending Blend this year! I wanted to make it happen so badly last year, but I just couldn’t swing it with Hunter being sick. I want to convince YOU to come if you aren’t planning on it already. You don’t need to be a blogger – just someone that has a love for food and fitness. From what I hear, it’s a blast! I’m also excited to be representing Fabletics at Blend! It’ll be fun to show all of you attendees the cute and functional stuff Fabletics has to offer. Just another motivator for you all to come! Are you planning on attending Blend? Have you attended previous years?

blendretreat

…My baby boy is going to be ONE tomorrow! Time is a funny thing, you know? A part of me feels like it was just yesterday that I was wondering when he’d decide to come into the world, while another part of me forgets what it feels like before he was in my life. I just love him to pieces! Do you have any kids? How old are they?

…Just LOOK at these super cute pink Reebok Skyscapes I received yesterday! I am in LOVE with the pink! I’m thinking they will be perfect for Hunter’s birthday party at the park on Saturday. I can’t wait to share how they feel on! What are your favorite shoes to wear these days?

Capture

…I’m working on gradually switching over our cleaning supplies to all natural products. The super chemical-y smells of some of those cleaners can’t be good for us! I’ve been really happy with what I’ve been using so far, which is mostly Honest and Seventh Generation brands because I can get them at Target. Do you use all natural cleaners? Do you have any good recommendations on a good brand of an all natural window cleaner?

…I think Hunter is getting in his molars. He’s constantly chewing on his finger, and he’s been waking up in the middle of the night like he’s in pain. Poor baby! (And poor mama!) Any tips to help teething?

Paige is launching an 8 week online boot camp program this week for only 25 bucks (price will raise April 4th)! That’s a smokin’ deal, especially considering she’s super knowledgeable and experienced in the world of fitness. I’m going to participate and I cannot wait! I hope you’ll join me! What does your current fitness routine look like? Are you content with it or are you stuck in a rut?

image

…It’s going to be so strange living near family again. Strange in a good way, of course, but still just strange! Like, Cody and I will be able to go on date nights on a regular basis, and we’re going to be able to just drive over to our parents’ houses to say hi. What a concept! Do you live near family?

…Thanks to the aforementioned molars and my hot mess of a brain, sleep has not been my friend lately. I’ve been having a hard time falling asleep. Then I’ll wake up in the middle of the night to Hunter crying or for some other random reason, and my mind starts going so it’s tough to get back to sleep. I wish my brain had an on/off switch. How’ve you been sleeping lately?

…My dad and stepmom are flying in early this afternoon! My dad was a mover when he was in college, so he’s a pro packer. Needless to say, I’m putting him to work! It’ll be so nice to have some extra hands with Hunter too, since he loves to unpack every box I start to pack. Smile We are looking forward to a fun and productive weekend with them! What are your plans this weekend?

Answer any or all of the above questions. Don’t let me feel like I’m the only one talking! I want to hear how you’re doing too!

Comments

awesome you’re representing fabletics at blend and totally jealous you’re going this year!! itz not going to work out for me this year with my new baby itz, but maybe next year!!! i really like the mrs meyers brand for cleaning products!

2. Alyssa says

Crazy Hunter will be one tomorrow already!! That means by baby will be one in a few short months too! You really do not realize how fast time goes till you have a baby!
    Here is a good link for recipes on how to make all natural cleaners…i am pretty sure there is a window cleaner on it!
    Enjoy celebrating your baby’s birthday tomorrow and all the best with your move next week!

I cannot believe that Hunter is going to be ONE tomorrow! Just like you, I swear you were just pregnant yesterday :) Have a wonderful time celebrating your little man and again, I’M SO PUMPED FOR BLEND!

Oh my gosh, I can’t imagine what kids will be like- I am a chronic insomniac (essentially my whole life!) and recently it’s been so bad. Waking up 5+ times a night, hard getting to sleep every time…such a mess. I hope Hunter gives you some respite soon!

5. Katie says

I have a big cup of coffee & I’m ready to chat :) First off Drake must be getting more teeth because this entire week he has been up 2-3x per night & then of course my nonstop brain won’t shut off either. Been living off coffee like those newborn days ;) We live near family now & it’s so wonderful to have extra hands & a babysitter for date nights!! Current routine is Running, TRX & a strength training class on Friday. Also, we are trying to cut down on chemicals too in our house & this scrub is AMAZING plus the house always smells so nice. I use grapefruit essential oil & get the Dr.Bonner soap at TJ’s http://www.edibleperspective.com/home/2011/1/18/detoxing-your-life.html Have a wonderful weekend with your family & enjoy Hunter’s Big day!! x0x0

I probably already said this but I LOVE your blog layout. Seriously. It’s so cute. Also, I want that monogrammed mug ;) We don’t use all natural cleaners, but I like the idea. Maybe I’ll start trying to switch gradually!

7. Holly Perkins says

So excited for your big move! We moved a year ago from Wisconsin to Austin, TX to see how we liked living in a different city with better weather. We love it!! But I find myself really missing my family and friends especially since we are trying to have a baby. We also have someone renting our condo back home who’s lease is up in June, so we might be moving back in June. Decisions decisions!!

I use white vinegar with a dash of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle for glass and mirrors !! I also love seventh generation products myself! Dr Oz has a safe cleaner recipe that I’ve been using as a all purpose cleaner for a few years now. Here is the link:

HARPER IS ONE TOMORROW!? WHAT! Awwwww give him a BUG hug from me :) He’s such a baaaaaabe <3 I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about living close to parents… Eddie and I will live in the same city as my parents in July and we used to live in the same city as his parents!

ohhhh I had no idea that Blend was for non-bloggers as well! Whenever I read about it, it always seems like so.much.fun, but I always assumed it was just for bloggers….good to know for the future?!
    Happy happy early birthday to Hunter!!!!

I hope Paige does another round of her bootcamp later in the year – it looks great and I’d love to do it in the future! And that’s awesome that you’ll have help moving – when we moved in September we enlisted my family and a few friends which made the process so much easier.

11. Helen says

Awww Hunter is one tomorrow!!! Time really does fly! My Lily is 17 months and oh boy! I still remember those long teething nights , she cut her first two teeth at 3mo. and from then on cut 4 or 8 at one time! We used a combo of tylenol and 2 hrs later (if needed) used IB profen (motrine) and then tylenol and so on. Lily hated chewing on anything cold and also chewed on her hands and ours mostly, oh and her raffie! Have you seen those? I think their actual name is sofie but its a rubber giraffe my mom bough it on amazon, but I have seen them at babies r us, it was the best $20 she ever spent lol! She LOVED it! I’ve also heard cold carrots are good and popcicles. I definitly feel your pain with teething :( it’s hard on everyone and you just feel helpless sometimes :( Hang in there!!! Oh and I am so excited for you all moving! We are also planning a big move hopefully soon and hopeflly to Atlanta! Good luck to you and your family on a new adventure!!! Oh and I LOVE your coffee cup where did you get it?? Oh and one last thing lol! For a natural window cleaner I use white vinegar and water a 50/50 mix and it works great! I use vinegar for tons of cleaning stuff! It’s cheap and I don;t want to use chemicals, another one for cleaning toilets is baking soda and vinegar, let it foam then scrub it works very well and again cheap! Those are probably my 2 favorite natural cleaning mixes, I am also switching to natural cleaners! All the chemicals were giving me headaches. I hope you all have a great 1st birthday!!! Happy Birthday Hunter!!!!

12. Stacey says

You will notice (if you haven’t already) once you take away all those smelly chemicals, if you have to smell them again they will make you sick! I heard on some show once, you don’t have to smell your house for it to be clean.

I use Seventh Generation dishwasher tablets (love them!) and Mrs Meyers general household cleaner for almost everything. You mix about a tablespoon with a spray bottle of water and you’re good to go. The container you buy lasts me 6+ months. Probably longer actually. For our hardwood floors I mix 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar in a spray bottle.

No humanoids, but 2 fur children. Pete is almost 9 and Ruth just turned 1 :)

Hunter’s one already! That’s crazy. My little Squishy-man is a little over two, and is becoming such a kid already! They definitely get more fun as they get bigger.

I would love to go to a convention like Blend sometime. I used to go to dance conventions all the time back in the day, always such a brain overload of ideas!

I can’t wait to see you at Blend! I was so close to going last year, but I was still kind of new to blogging and figured I should wait for a while more… then I spent the next few weeks kicking myself after reading everyone’s recaps. It’s going to be amazing :D

I live about a 20 minute drive away from my parents, and it’s something that I’m super thankful for. They’re my only family on this side of the ocean, and I always look forward to Sunday night dinners :)

Thanks for the coffee date :) Blend sounds so cool! I feel like a lot of my favorite bloggers are attending. It would be so neat to go some day. Can’t wait to read the posts! Also, I can totally relate to the strangeness of going to live near family again. We (my fiance and I) live 3,000 miles away from our families. We can’t wait to be closer to them again some day!

16. Nicole says

Oh my goodness!! One year!! Happy birthday to your little guy and happy first anniversary of being a Mommy!! What a year it’s been – and what a year it will be, going forward!! So much new-ness to look forward to! :D

I didn’t know the BLEND retreat was open to non-bloggers! Last year’s looked like so much fun from all the bloggers who attended. I’ll check it out!

I live close to some of my family. One of my brothers lives about 5 miles away. We hang out frequently and it’s great to have him as a friend. My dad lives about 10 miles away and my brother who lives close and I go to his house for dinner every Sunday. It’s nice to have that little tradition. My oldest bro has a family of his own in Seattle….I can’t wait ’til I see them again in May!

Hope the packing is productive and you have a great time this weekend!

Oh how I wish I could go to Blend! Every year I see the recaps and it looks like so…much…fun! You are going to have a great time! Maybe next year when I am out of school I will be able to afford it!

18. Amanda N says

Happy (early) Birthday to Hunter! I’m sure his party will be fun and those shoes do look comfy. (they also kind of look like cooler keds) This weekend some friends and I are going to a big consignment sale and then my husband and I are running a 5K on Sunday. I’m excited for the chance to PR the course as its an easy one I’ve done before, but I also kind of just want to run it and not “have to run fast.” I think its awesome that Blend opens up to non-bloggers too. I’d love to go someday as I love what is stands for and is about but I’m sure its a little weird as a non blogger. I need to change up my routine a little, I’ve started adding in some track workouts but I need to add in weights and core too! I’m so happy we live by both sets of parents. I think it’d be nice to move somewhere far and exciting where we don’t know people/things but I’d miss family too much I think. Enjoy having your parents around this weeknd!

Happy Birthday to your little man! I hope you have such a great time celebrating the day in which the world went from being one without him to a world with him!

You (and all the comments) have inspired me to do some research on natural cleaning products. It’s something I’ve known I needed to do for awhile, but I just haven’t been proactive about it.

I am so excited that you’ll be at Blend! Can’t wait to meet you in person!

Hunter is 1 tomorrow?! That is just crazy town.
    I’m so excited you’re going to Blend! Can’t wait to meet you in real life :)
    Thank you so much for the boot camp shout out! Woot! I’m excited you’re going to participate – I am actually planning on doing it along with everyone, too :)

SO glad you will be getting some help this weekend with packing and moving! We are not able to live near family right now due to being in the military but I hope one day we can be. We haven’t been sleeping very well either. My little one is nine months old and we are having trouble getting him to take naps and sleep at night : (

Ashley, no way!!!! I am so so excited for you to be moving near your family again! I truly believe that every one of us goes through “hidden and anonymous” years or stages in life, and it seems like you just conquered the last one and moving onto another awesome phase. (those ” are from the book ANONYMOUS by Alicia Britt Chole, she’s an amaaazing Christian writer and prob. one of my new favorite ones! I highly rec. to you) Also, it is so vital and such a treat to go out on dates and have time alone with our spouse. I always say that no matter what, children or no children, we need to be intentional in the way we treat each other–even if it is just one simple act of love! :D

I totally LOVE your mug and your shoes – so so cute!

I wish I was attending blend! Since we live all the way over in Sydney Australia it’s a bit of a trip – it almost lined up with our trip back to the US, but we’ll miss it by two weeks!

As for shoes – lately I’ve been the moccasin queen. I found super cute ones that don’t look grandma-ish and then I bought them in just about every colour because they’re so comfortable haha.

Those shoes looks gorgeous. Lately i have been wearing my Nike free runs a lot and boots. I am obsessed with boots. Going natural is always great, its awesome for both your body and the environment. The blend retreat sounds like an fantastic event. I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun there!

happy birthday Hunter! How is he one?! And, i’m so glad you are near family–I don’t know what I would do without mine! I wish I could meet you at Blend–I’ll be in Boston that weekend! :/

Happy Birthday Hunter!

I wish it was in my budget to attend Blend…maybe next year. I’d love to use natural cleaning products, but I always find they’re a good deal more expensive. Are the brands you mentioned too much more than your regular ole cleaning product? I may have to check them out.
    Like you, I’ve had lots on my mind lately which means little/no/broken sleep. I can’t imagine throwing a 1 yr. old (!!) into the mix too. Prayers for energy and peace, friend! Have a great day celebrating!

27. Lianna says

Norwex cloths are the best! 1 wet cloth to wipe the windows or mirrors, and 1 dry one for polishing! So easy and no products thanks to the silver in the cloths. :)
    Praying for you and your family this weekend as you celebrate your baby and prepare to start this new adventure. :)

Happy birthday hunter!! I love your coffee mug. Super cute!! Where can you purchase the javapro?

My husbands family lives near us in virginia beach but all of my family live in Colorado. It’s hard! I’m happy you’ll be closer to your family!

Not sleeping so great with a 4 month old! Hope it gets better!

Katie

Living near family is the best! I’m so excited for you moving closer to family. Until today my husband and I lived close to my in-laws but as of today we started our road trip to move to Boston so we are going to be close to my family! I seriously can’t wait!

30. Tessa says

You could look into making some cleaning products at home! Using things like vinegar, etc. keeps it natural and is cost effective!

31. Renee says

Skip the window cleaners and look into Norwex. They have microfiber cloths/polishing cloths that are amazing on windows/mirrors and all you are cleaning with is water! A bit pricey to start with, but I believe they are worth every penny and I don’t buy most cleaners or nearly as many paper towels any more :)