04/17/14: Thursday Thoughts

1. Four offers and still no house. I know, right? But, we found our all time favorite out of all them yesterday and we put an offer on it. Crossing all of our fingers and toes that this one goes through! Oh, and it has a pool! Don’t even worry, we’ll have plenty of pool parties for you all to come hang out. Winking smile

2. The good news about the whole moving thing is that our (ex)house in Utah officially sold and closed this week! Hallelujah! I will say, as unfortunate we’ve been with the home buying process so far, I sure am thankful that we sold our house so quickly and had minimal hiccups along the way.

3. Ever since Hunter learned how to wave a couple weeks ago, he’s waving every five seconds at everyone and everything. The dogs, the walls, random people at the grocery store, while I’m changing his diaper, you name it! A cute little “Aye!” goes along with it – I love it! (And apparently he likes playing the drums on the dining room table too.)

4. My brother just introduced me to Sour Patch Stride gum! If you’re a Sour Patch lover like me, you will fall in love.

5. My grandparents from Wisconsin are in town visiting, and my grandma made the best chocolate chip cookies. I can always count on her for her baked goodies!

Capture

6. I know, I know, my photography has been a little painful to look at lately. Sorry ‘bout that, friends. To be totally transparent, blogging has been pushed down to the lower end of the priority list the last couple weeks through all of the craziness of the move. I’m excited to be able to put more time into it as we get settled. Thanks for understanding. Winking smile

7. I have a feeling I’m going to have to fight Hunter for the mixer beaters. Can you tell he loves them?

8. We’re having a sushi + game night at my mom and step dad’s house tonight. Yes please!

9. Cody has off on Friday so it’s like a Friday today for all of us! Weeeeeeee!

Thinking-Out-Loud

(Thanks for the fun link-up Amanda!)

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Do you lick the beaters and/or bowl when you’re baking?

Do you like sushi?

Who has off work on Friday?

Comments

Sending some good luck vibes to you and Cody with the house hunting. It’s always a hold your breath kind of deal when you’re waiting to hear on the house you have your heart set on! A pool? Sweet deal!

I LOVE licking the beaters and can’t wait to after the twins are here! I also love sushi and can’t wait to have some post twin arrival :)I have a feeling this house will work out – you always look back after a few years at the ones that fell through and realize you never would have liked those houses anyway!! Hang in there!

Oh my gosh he is too cute! I love that his waves turn into a full out jam session!

Good luck on the house!! Crossing my fingers for you as well. :)

ahhhh fingers crossed about the house! I’ll send positive vibes your way and say that you WILL get this house! and yes please to a pool party :).
    Those videos…I die. TOO cute!

5. Amanda N says

Sending vibes and prayers your way that this one is it for you guys (or soon in general!)

I love licking the beaters, baking things when pregnant was so difficult because of that! Chocolate chip are my favorite cookies :) Not a sushi (or seafood fan) and unfortunately I work Friday, but I have today off!

6. Mia says

Sour patch kid gum???? Where can I get this?!
    You have such an adorable family. Hunter is too cute with the frosting beaters. I would be hanging on to them too, if I was him. :)
    Enjoy the longer weekend and I’m still praying that your housing situation works out. Hopefully this one is it, and if so, you know we all want pictures!

Yessss you need to get the gum! I’m not sure where my brother got it. I’m guessing it’d be at Target! Thank you for your prayers! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed on the house! I love the Hunter videos – he’s such a cutie!
    And licking the beaters is always my favourite part about baking ;-)
    Sushi is one of my favourites – I think i’m going to bring it home for dinner on Monday!

Well, if all of the houses with pools fit in our budget, it would be a priority … but a lot of them that are within are budget haven’t had fences or just take up the entire backyard (we want grass too). But, this one fits in our budget AND still gives us some nice space for grass and has a fence. All of our parents have pools, so I wasn’t too worried if we don’t get one. ;)

A pool would definitely be a requirement in Arizona. My husband has a half day today and tomorrow and Monday off- the army gets one 3 or 4 day weekend a month- one of the little perks :)

9. Alaina says

Ashley, I’m so glad the best house of them all is now close to being yours! Hoping all works out in your favor! On another note, in a way, it’s a good thing your previous home sold before buying the new one. My parents made the mistake prior to the economic downfall of buying a home while still having the old one on the market. It didn’t sell for months, and it put them in a horrific debt because they had to pay two mortgages! God works in funny ways…this may have just been another one of those ways! :D

10. lauren says

Baby waves are so cute! My little guy is the same way. My favorite is him waving at everything in Lowe’s, toilets included :) at first he’d get confused and clap after every wave, it was kinda hard not to laugh. I love watching him learn though.
    Good luck on the house hunt! Arizona looks nice, we’re back in winter here in RI :(

He doesn’t have all Fridays off, but he has off this Friday for Good Friday. Cool, huh? I was surprised! I thought you’d be excited about the pool! All the more reason to come visit us. ;) xoxo

Hunter is so stinkin cute! I love homemade oreos and peanut butter cookies :) I used to love to lick the beaters, I haven’t baked in so long that I haven’t been able to though haha! I actually hate all of the sushi that I have tried so far. It just doesn’t agree with me ha! Good luck on getting a home!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for youuuu! A pool sounds absolutely amazing, although I can’t say that I’d have much use for one up here in Canadaland — it’s currently snowing :lol: And thank you for reminding me that I have a couple of packs of that Sour Patch gum that I picked up from the States and totally forgot about. Need to fish ‘em out and give ‘em a chew. Also… chocolate chip oatmeal cookies will always, always be my favourite.

13. Katie says

Crossing my fingers for you guys!! Hope you hear something soon :) Oh a pool sounds sooo nice. Drake is going to be jealous of hunter! Favorite kind of cookie.. PB with chocolate chips & of course I lick the bowl ;) I also LOVE sushi. We have an amazing sushi place here with any type of roll you could dream of! :) Wish you could visit hehehe

Ok I just recently discovered sour patch kids gum and I have to say it is my favorite thing in the world right now! It is so delicious! It definitely carbs your sweet tooth in such a unique way too !

Sadly, I am not a huge sushi fan. Every once and a while….most likely once a year lol. I do have to work tomorrow, but going out with the family to celebrate my step brothers coming into town. Woot!

Oatmeal chocolate chip are my favorite cookie! Just as long as its chocolate, not raisins, yuck. Congratulations on selling your house, I’m sure you guys will find the perfect home very soon.

Umm, beater licking for the win…ALL the time! haha What was he enjoying??

I love good ol’ choc chips cookies, or used to love white chip macadamia!! Glad your house sold. Now, my husband and I need to hop on the buying houses train! It’s hard to want to decorate a place you’re only renting, and I’m tired of looking at these white walls!! haha

Ps – whoever’s house your at in the beater licking video (in-laws I think?), their kitchen looks amazing! haha