Easter 2014

First up, good news – our offer was accepted on the house I told you about last week! Yayyyyy! We were up against a few other offers too, so it reaffirmed my belief that it is meant to be. We are so excited! Thanks again for all of your amazing encouragement and support through the last couple weeks of house hunting.

On top of good news regarding the house, we had a great weekend celebrating Easter. We were in the NICU with Hunter last year at Easter, so it was extra special to be with family and our happy and healthy little boy this year for his first “real” Easter.

We started out the day at church with my mom, stepdad, brother, and a few other relatives. It was a great Easter service celebrating the rising of Christ. From there, we headed over to Cody’s parents’ house for a few hours, and then went to my dad and stepmom’s house for dinner. It was a busy but lovely day. Rather than tell you every little detail, I decided to show you the day through photos. Enjoy!

Got it Mom!

Lemon Nothing Bundt Cake – the best!

Dinner #2

Pretty tulips!

Can you tell his molars are coming in? Hands always.in.the.mouth. Poor baby.

Homemade carrot cake made by my sissy. SO good!

I want to know…

…what was the best part about YOUR weekend?

…did you do anything special for Easter?

…ham or turkey?

…lemon cake or carrot cake?

Comments

Looks like such a great weekend and I am so excited for you and your family on the house! I knew things would work out how they should! :) I am sure this was such a special Easter to have with your families and with Hunter. You look gorgeous in your dress too girl!

Thank you! It’s vacant, so we just need to get everything done (inspection, appraisal, paperwork, etc.), and then we can move in! Hopefully it’ll be within the next couple weeks. :)

Congrats on the house!!! I’m sure you must be elated :) I can’t wait to hear the full story. Your Easter dress looks gorgeous on you, great colors! And as for Easter weekend, Kyle didn’t get home until Saturday morning from a work trip, so we just hung around Chicago and enjoyed the gorgeous weather :)

Oooh delighted for you guys!!! Hopefully things move nice and smoothly and speedily for you now! Can’t wait to see what it’s like! Happy belated Easter! Love the floral dress! Enjoying a nice day off today…and it’s my birthday..bonus! :)

That’s such great news about the house – I’m happy for you guys! You must be so relieved. And looks like everyone had a great Easter weekend…and that Hunter was a successful egg hunter ;-)
    We did Easter Friday with Eric’s family, and then just hung out and relaxed the rest of the weekend – it was needed!

He looked so excited to eat… that’s what I looked like yesterday, too, with all the delicious Easter food around :) The best part of my weekend was playing T-ball with my niece and nephew yesterday afternoon. Little ones are so fun!

Congrats on the house! Knew something would come along :-) Yay! Looks like you guys had a great Easter! Hard to believe Hunter was in the NICO just a year ago. My how time flies! Loving his hair lately and your dress is so pretty!

Cute Easter dress! Unfortunately, my husband woke up super sick on Saturday (I guess it’s been going around, but I feel fine!), so I nursed him back to health, baked, organized some things, and indulged in some reading :)

8. Lauri says

Yay congrats on the house :) that’s super exciting! A great way to bring in Easter! It looks like y’all had a wonderful Easter weekend too! And I am obsessed with that dress!!!! It’s gorgeous and you look beautiful!!!!! Where did you get it??

Thanks Lauri! I got it a few years back so I don’t remember exactly, but I am guessing either Forever 21 or H&M?

9. Katie says

Congrats on the house!! Can’t wait to see pictures! :) When do you move in? That’s so very exciting. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter too.. Wish we could’ve done an egg hunt outside but the weather wasn’t the nicest! Best part of the weekend was our easter lunch followed by a 3 hour nap for Drake & I! Turkey all the way… Ham isn’t really my thing unless I’m in the mood haha & Carrot cake for the win! I had lots of that this year :)

Thanks Girl! The house is vacant, so we’re hoping to move in within the next couple weeks. As soon as we get all the paperwork done and the title company is finished on their end, we have the go ahead to move in. I can’t wait! I’m so glad you guys had a nice and relaxing Easter. :)

YAY! Huge YAY on the offer on the house being accepted! So happy for you guys!

Your Easter looked like it was beautiful, and you looked so beautiful!

Poor Hunter, teething really stinks! I hope those molars pop through fast!

Have a great day girl!

11. Nicole says

Ahhhh! Congratulations on the house!! Great news!! :)

Yesterday, Dad, the BF, and I went to mass bright and early in the morning, then I went for a sweaty sweaty run, followed by making cinnamon rolls, ham, carrots, and potatoes for Easter.

Nothing Bundt Cakes are AMAZING!! Seriously…there’s got to be a pound of butter in the cake and two pounds of butter and sugar in that frosting!! (so good!!) I’ll choose LEMON!!

Thank you!!! Sounds like you guys had a great Easter too! Haha, I’d have to agree on the Nothing Bundt Cakes – no wonder they’re so darn good!

What great photos! Love your outfit! We had a great weekend with the family as well. I’m a big fan of both carrot cake and lemon, but we had lemon bars this year that were crazy amazing. Congrats on the house!

The best part of my weekend was probably having my volleyball team qualify for nationals, first time for all of us! My family doesnt really celebrate Easter so nothing special for me there. Lemon or Carrot? Wow thats a toughie. I would probably have to choose lemon, especially if its from Starbucks ;)

That’s such great news about the house, girl! Super happy for you! :D And I’m glad to hear that you had such a great Easter with your family — you guys are gorgeous. I spent the day at my parents’, loading up on plenty of chocolate and tasty food.

Hope your week is off to a great start! <3

So many great things!!

YAY for the house!!! Ahhhh so excited for you guys :)

Hunter is adorable–and healthy–for some super cute Easter fun and photos! Love.

And you look HOT mama in that dress! way to rock it :) xo

16. Taylor says

Congrats on the house! What a relief that must be! You look great by the way. Love the hair and the dress!

Yay for a house! Can’t wait to hear more about it and what all you have to do to move in! I’m sure you guys are ready to get out on your own again. I love all your Easter pictures- where is your dress from? You look gorgeous in it! Best part of my weekend was having extra time with the husband. Highlight of my Easter was the dessert ;) Just kidding, the family of course!

18. Mia says

Awesome! I knew it would work out. God know what he is doing and it was meant to be with that house. I can’t wait to see a house tour of pics!!!
    Y’all look fantastic. Beautiful Easter photo that you should most def get framed. Love your dress. :)
    Our weekend was rainy, but Easter mass was wonderful and so was the simple breakfast out that we enjoyed afterwards. I am a turkey girl, but will enjoy honey baked ham if my grandmas makes it. It’s been years since I’ve had her dinner. That’s what living states away does. I would like to dive head first into that carrot cake. My favorite cake ever!!!

19. Amanda N says

Congrats on the offer being accepted, so happy for you guys! and I love your dress, its wicked cute! Our Easter was similar, church – then we hosted ham dinner for our immediate family and spent the day with them. It was great!

Yay, for a house!!! We went to my grandparents’ on Sunday for dinner and ended up staying over night because we love where they live and just wanted to hang out there for a little bit longer :).

Congrats on the house!!! Can’t wait to see pictures!

Happy belated Easter! We went to mass early Sunday morning and then came home for brunch. We started a new tradition a few years ago of having filet Mignon for Easter dinner instead of ham or lamb. To answer you questions about lemon cake or carrot cake… I like most things lemon, but for some odd reason I can’t stand lemon cake. Go figure. Carrot cake? Meh… We always have cannoli for Easter dessert. Now that’s my kind of dessert!