Tuesday Eats + Cardio Tabata Workout

Good morning (or afternoon? or evening? or whenever you’re reading this)!

Hope your week is off to a great start! We’ve had a pretty good one over here so far. These last couple weeks have been CRAZY with house hunting while also trying to fit in time with family and friends we haven’t seen in awhile. This week has been a little more low key now that we found a house – less rushing around and a lot more resting, enjoying time with family, and eating vegetables (<—Yes, they have returned! Yay!) It’s been nice to be able to devote a little more time to this little blog too. We still have a crap ton of paperwork to do for the house, but we’re getting there … slowly but surely.

We had our home inspection on Monday, and there was nothing too major so that was a relief! There’s a few things we’ll request to get fixed, but nothing that is alarming enough to compromise our decision. Yesterday involved a couple errands and some quality time with my grandparents who are in town from Wisconsin. They are here visiting for a couple weeks, so Hunter and I are soaking up our time with them before they head back to the midwest.

In honor of What I Ate Wednesday (thanks for the link-up Jenn!), I thought I’d share my eats from yesterday with you. It’s kinda fun to get some new ideas for meals and snacks, and it gives you a little peak into a part of my life that I don’t talk about everyday.

Peas and Crayons

breakfast – 6:30 AM

I decided to switch things up from my usual oatmeal and toasted up some Trader Joe’s multigrain waffles and topped them with Chobani yogurt and fruit. Delicious, easy, and filling = perfect breakfast in my book!

wiaw1

coffee break – 9:00 AM

Hunter and I went out to run a couple errands, so we stopped at Starbucks to grab a quick pick-me-up. My favorite warm weather Starbucks drink is a Coffee Frappuccino Light!

Capture

snack – 11:00 AM

I made up for my lack of nut butter at breakfast with a big ol’ spoonful spatula-full of Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees peanut butter. They recently sent me this fun peanut butter spatula spreader along with a couple jars of The Bee’s Knees that I’ve been loving on anything and everything lately (and apparently by itself too). Yummmm.

wiaw2

lunch – 1:30 PM

Hunter and I went over to my dad and stepmom’s house for lunch to visit with my grandparents and stepmom. I had a turkey and muenster sandwich on rye with Sun Chips, a pickle, strawberries, grape tomatoes, and baby carrots on the side. A couple small cookies and some jellybeans were also eaten after this photo.

wiaw4

dinner – 6:00 PM

I made Chicken Caesar Sandwiches (with cheese) plus steamed green beans and cole slaw for dinner. Delicious!

wiaw3

dessert – 7:00 PM

My mother-in-law had some mini cupcakes leftover from Easter, so I’ve been helping her polish them off. They surely can’t go to waste! Winking smile

wiaw5

snack – 9:00 PM

I was feeling a little hungry before bed, so I enjoyed a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats. I think I’m back in a cereal phase again. I’ve been loving it lately for a mid afternoon or evening snack!

Switching gears here to some fitness talk!

Lately, I’ve been really into quick and efficient workouts that I can do at home. I’ll throw in a run here and there, but I’ve been especially enjoying strength based workouts and HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts. I wanted to share a fun tabata-style cardio workout that I tested out last week. Tabata-style workouts are quick and efficient, and this one in particular can easily be done in the comfort of your own home with no equipment.

cardiotabataworkout

Please consult your doctor or physician if you are beginning a new exercise or workout regimen. Not all of my workouts are suitable for everyone.

Here are a few how-to videos for some of the lesser known exercises:

If you try it out, let me know what you think! Have fun with it!

Today involves house paperwork (not so fun) and a few errands to pick out some stuff for our new house (lots of fun!). Hope you have a great Wednesday and I’ll see ya tomorrow!

What’s your favorite…

…warm weather Starbucks (or coffee shop) drink?

…brand/kind of peanut butter?

…kind of cereal?

…type of workout?

Comments

I have mainly been doing tabata workouts lately trying to tone up after baby:) They’re a great quick workout, but at the same time are so effective. Yeah, good job on the cupcakes. You’d be crazy to waste them;)

I don’t think I could pick a fav cereal. :) I usually prefer heavy lifting workouts in the gym, but since I haven’t been getting to the gym much lately (or at all), I’ve been doing more circuit-style training at home to pack in both cardio with strength training. Not my fav, but still not bad!

3. Alyssa says

Thanks for the workout! I will try it out tomorrow! I am all about the fast and efficient workout so i can complete it and shower before my baby wakes:) I am glad to hear everything with your new house is workout out! Enjoy your shopping!

I always look forward to your WIAW posts! I wish we could buy ready made healthy waffles in Australia – I am always jealous when I see other people eating waffles for breakfast!
    I love that tabata workout – I love tabata style exercises as they are so quick and effective!

Just an idea – you could make a big batch of waffles ahead of time and freeze them for an easy and healthy breakfast! :)

5. Katie says

I’m so thrilled for your family for having a new house!!! Have fun picking out stuff today, it will make the paperwork easier ;) I always eat that breakfast when I’m sick of my usual! However I just use the VAN’s waffles! Favorite Sbuxs drink… Americano!! Hot or Cold. Peanut butter… Either creamy Nuttzo OR sunflower butter from TJs. Cereal… Typically don’t eat it much because I can’t just have one bowl haha but I love cinnamon toast crunch. Probably the most sugary cereal out there! Workout… Strength training with short bursts of running ;)

6. Amanda N says

My favorite creel hands down is Honey Nut Cheerios – I buy it buy the cartful, although my husband is the one who usually eats cereal for breakfast. I usually just buy a big old jar of Jiff creamy for our regular peanut butter because it tends to run cheaper – I know its not the most healthy one though. I’ve tried buying all natural peanut butter but my husband doesn’t like how runny it is. I’ll buy smaller jars of combo peanut butters for myself, I’m still loving wild friends coconut chocolate peanut butter lately.

The work out looks good, maybe I’ll actually try lout tomorrow since its a no run day and requires no equipment.

Cody doesn’t love all natural peanut butters either. I buy Skippy for him and Adam’s Natural Peanut Butter for me with the occasional “specialty” nut butter thrown in there too. ;) Let me know how the workout goes!

I can’t wait for the BOGO deal on fraps to come back to Starbucks this summer! I love hitting that up!! But I do love a simple iced coffee. Will have to try yours above out sometime!!

The vanilla bean blended creme is my favorite warm weather starbucks drink – so delish and literally tastes like a vanilla milkshake! Where are you going to pick out home decor today?? Definitely one of my favorite ‘chores’ to do! :)

I like that vanilla bean one too! You’re right – it’s just like a vanilla milkshake! I plan on hitting up Home Depot (for paint samples), Hobby Lobby, and maybe Ross and/or TJMaxx if I have time. I wish you could come with me!

We rarely have cereal in our house, but my parents had Honey Nut Cheerios when I visited this weekend, and I couldn’t pass them up… so good! I’m a natural crunchy peanut butter girl, not too picky on brand, and nothing beats an iced Americano (decaf for now) with a touch of cream on hot afternoons :)

I can’t get enough of PB & Co. too; cinnamon raisin swirl is my all time fav! You can never have too much peanut butter in life :-)

Ending the night with a bowl of cereal is absolute refection if you ask me. But I’m not really sure I could pick a favourite one. I adore Kashi’s Cinnamon Harvest and cinnamon Puffins. Then we have the classic Cinnamon Toast Crunch that’s probably my all time favourite. I guess you can say that I like cinnamon ;)

You and me both girlfriend. Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cinnamon Puffins are two of my top favorite cereals too!

I have too many favorite PB brands, but my favorites are the ones with different flavors — the Earth Balance coconut spread and the PBs mixed with honey. I especially love the extra crunchy Teddie PB. To DIE for :D

Have you tried Peanut Butter & Co’s The Bee’s Knees? It’s their PB mixed with honey, and it’s AMAZING!

Ohh, I haven’t make those chicken caesar sandwiches in ages – they’re awesome! I’m not a coffee drinker, but I love the Passionfruit Iced tea from Starbucks.
    Peanut butter: Skippy Natural is my go-to, but pretty much anything that PB & Co do is pretty wonderful. They have a spicy one that I’m curious to try!
    Cereal: Peanut Butter Puffins, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Oatmeal Squares, Mini Wheats…it’s all good ;-)

I love tabata workouts! I feel so strong afterwards and because they don’t take long, it’s easier for me to start and workout than when I’m planning on a longer training.

I do tabata both in the swimming pool and at home. In the pool I sprint 8 times 25 m with 10 s in between.

at home I make 5 rounds of the following, for 30 s each, no rest:
    – kicks starting left
    – kicks starting right
    – boxing series starting left
    – boxing series starting right
    – push-ups
    – plank
    – butterfly sit-ups with boxing ball between feet
    – wall sit

If you don’t have a boxing ball at home, you can also put an air bed against the wall. That works pretty ok too.

I’ve been all about quick, effective workouts lately. Can’t wait to try this one, it looks good! My favorite type of workout is definitely any type of circuit – makes the time go by much quicker! As for PB, I typically buy Skippy Natural, but honestly, I’d probably eat any kind you put in front of me. :-)

1. Warm Weather Starbucks Drink – Iced coffee with skinny mocha sauce
    2. Favorite PB – PB & Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl
    3. Cereal – I’m loving The Uncle Sam Original cereal now.
    4. Type of workout – I’ve been loving interval training classes lately! :)