A Great Breakfast Makes for a Great Day {Day in the Life}

Disclaimer: I have partnered with belVita and Dannon to help promote the belVita and Dannon partnership. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes writing about the promotion and product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.

Things have obviously been a little different around here than what they were like last month when we were living in Utah. I still feel like we’re in a state of “limbo” since we’re living with my in-laws until we close on our home. I continually try to figure out what our new “normal” looks like, but for now, things are flowing pretty smoothly and it seems like we’ve figured out a pretty solid routine. I thought it’d be fun to share a “day in the life” post to show you what an average day looks like around here these days.

6:15 AM – Alarm goes off. I stumble out of bed, go to the bathroom, and feed the dogs.

6:20 AM – Eat breakfast.

I like to make my breakfast quick and easy in order to get several other things done before Hunter wakes up for the day. One of my new favorite breakfast combos is a few belVita Breakfast Biscuits paired with an Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Sometimes it’s may be tempting to skip breakfast for some because of the hustle and bustle of the mornings, but breakfast is a very important part of the day. Thankfully belVita Breakfast Biscuits and Oikos Greek Yogurt make it easy to have a convenient and delicious breakfast all in one!

belvita1

I opted for the brown sugar cinnamon belVita Breakfast Biscuits, and they are perfect for dipping or crumbling into my yogurt. The belVita Breakfast Biscuits are truly so good. To be honest, I didn’t know if I’d think much of them when I initially bought them, but my mind was instantly changed! They are light, crispy, and pair perfectly with yogurt.

belvita3

I’ve tried Oikos Greek Yogurt before, and I’ve always been a fan. It’s rich and creamy, not too sweet, and it packs in the protein and calcium.

belvita2

The biscuit and yogurt pairing is perfect for a filling meal. You get a whoppin’ 12 grams of protein from the Oikos Greek Yogurt and the belVita Breakfast Biscuits provide lasting energy in the form of whole grains. There’s really no prepping or cooking involved, so it’s a super convenient breakfast option.

belvita

I also wanted to share a couple tips from Laura Stack, The Productivity Pro, who has joined up on the initiative with belVita and Oikos to get more out of your morning:

• The secret to a smooth, sane morning is doing as much as you can the night before. Leave as little preparation as possible until the last minute – you’ll thank yourself in the morning.
  • Spend twenty minutes at the end of each day planning your to-do list. When you download the next day’s activities beforehand, you can devote your morning to enjoyment rather than stress.
  • Be sure to start your morning with a delicious and balanced breakfast to help get more out of your morning.

Awesome tips, Laura! I’m all about a smoother and stress-free day!

6:30 AM – Drink coffee while catching up on a few blogs and chatting with Cody while he gets ready for work.

6:50 AM – Get dressed into workout clothes, put my hair in a ponytail, and brush my teeth.

7:00 AM – Go on a short walk around the block with my mother-in-law.

7:10 AM – Do Workout B as part of Paige’s Online Bootcamp.

image

7:40 AM – Hop in the shower, get dressed, & put on make-up.

8:00 AM – Hunter wakes up. I give him a bottle of milk and snuggle with him for a few minutes.

8:10 AM – Change Hunter’s diaper and get him dressed.

8:20 AM – Feed Hunter oatmeal with peaches for breakfast

8:40 AM – Head out to the grocery store.

9:30 AM – Unload groceries while Hunter plays.

9:40 AM – Play with Hunter.

10:00 AM – Put Hunter down for his morning nap.

10:05 AM – Write thank you cards.

10:30 AM – Make a few phone calls and work on some house paperwork.

11:00 AM – Work on blog stuff (i.e. responding to comments, replying to emails, working on this post).

12:00 PM – I eat a quick lunch of leftover honey baked turkey (from Easter), pasta salad, and baby carrots.

12:15 PM – Hunter wakes up (later than usual). I give him a bottle of milk, and we snuggle for a few minutes. I love these moments.

12:30 PM – We head out to run some errands – Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, and Kohl’s. Somewhere in there I give Hunter a fruit/veggie pouch and a belVita biscuit. He loves them too!

2:45 PM – We get home from running errands, and I immediately put Hunter down for a nap since he was on the verge of being overtired. I do a few random chores around the house like taking out the trash, cleaning the bathroom, and cleaning up our bedroom.

3:00 PM – I needed a snack, so I had a spoonful of peanut butter. Always does the trick. Winking smile

3:05 PM – I get a call from our lender to go over a few details regarding our house paperwork. Blah – hate that stuff! It overwhelms me!

3:20 PM – Sit down to relax for a little bit. I do a little online shopping, browse Facebook and Twitter, and check my email.

4:00 PM – Do some more house paperwork. It’s seriously neverennnnnding!

5:00 PM – Hunter wakes up from his nap. I give him a bottle of milk and we snuggle.

5:15 PM – Hunter and I play together. We “fix” his car, drive his car around, and wave “hi” to each other every five seconds.

6:15 PM – Cody is running late from work, so Hunter and I eat on our own. Hunter had an assortment of chicken, green beans (most of which went on the ground), strawberries, and cheese, and I had leftovers from the night before.

6:45 PM – Cody gets home (it’s about an hour later than usual – things were crazy at work). I make him a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, and we chat about our days.

7:15 PM – Cody and I talk through some house stuff and go through paperwork together while Cody’s parents hang out with Hunter.

7:30 PM – Hunter takes a bath and we get him ready for bed.

7:50 PM – I nurse Hunter and put him to bed.

8:00 PM – I put on my PJ’s, wash my face, and take out my contacts.

8:15 PM – Cody and I chat for awhile and browse the internet.

9:00 PM – We watch a couple episodes of How I Met Your Mother.

10:00 PM – Lights out!

So, there ya have it – a pretty average day in this neck of the woods. In a few weeks from now, it’ll consist of a lot more unpacking, organizing, and decorating. I’m actually really excited for it – I love all of that stuff!

Have you ever tried belVita Breakfast Biscuits and/or Oikos Greek Yogurt?

What’s one of your favorite quick and easy healthy breakfasts?

Do you like to organize and/or decorate?

Comments

You have busy days! I love getting out on little errands, it adds something extra to my day ;) My hubby has a few days off now so I’m definitely going to pump milk and get out for a few runs and gym trips:)

Love those Belvita biscuits! Sounds like such a full day but also so rewarding! And you’re right about the house paperwork. Just wait until you have to sign everything. Oy!

3. Alyssa says

I just thought i’d let you know that i did your workout this morning that you posted yesterday! I really enjoyed it! I will defiantly be doing that one again soon. I don’t know if you plan on blogging about it, but i was wondering how it is going with weaning Hunter? I have a ten month old, so i will be getting to that stage in a few months, and i am a little nervous of where to even start. Thanks again for the workout! Enjoy your day:)

I really enjoy organizing. My husband’s in the process of building a pantry and storage area in our basement because our kitchen doesn’t have much, so yesterday I purged the kitchen cabinets, organized stuff into piles (pantry, stays in kitchen, donate, throw away), wiped down and polished the cabinets, cleaned out the fridge, etc., etc. So much cleaning, and I was wiped out by 8, but it felt so good to get it done

As much as I miss frequent naps during the day, I’ve got to say that one long (usually predictable) nap after lunch is good, too. haha Basically, I’m just scared for the day that the naps stop totally. OMG. I can’t even talk about it.

Back to Belvita… I ate them ALL the time when I was breastfeeding because I was constantly hungry and they were always right there. So good.

Busy ass day!!! I’m not a fan of breakfast biscuits admittedly…just because of the high sugar content and long ingredient list and I always go full fat with products like yogurt…Decorating is way more fun but I like when the organizing is done it feels like such an achievement!

Wow, you’re a busy lady! Fingers crossed the house paperwork will be all done soon.
    Theoretically I really like decorating but I’m usually at a loss when it comes to my own apartment. Give me a new space, though, and I’ll happily get creative – after a trip to IKEA, obviously.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed too! It can be exhausting. It’s like they need your whole life on paper. And yes, a trip to IKEA is a total must. ;)

We only have one nap a day and it can be exhausting for us both. Doctor said some babies need more sleep than others….oh well, thankful for a healthy little boy.

Love moving into a new home and organizing everything just right.

Totally! Hunter is SUPER intense and is a busy body, so I think he just plays so hard that he crashes when he sleeps.

You wear glasses toooooo?!?! Well, I hate glasses, so I put my contacts in first thing in the morning haha! Your days sound way more productive than mine. I need to seriously get into a better flow – especially the running errands and shopping part (I think that’s my fave haha)

I was REALLY trying to figure out yesterday how to get our house more organized, so it’s funny you asked that question. That is totally my mission over these next few weeks (I just bought a nice bin yesterday to organize the loose papers scattered all over our one table!)

Yes, I do! I hate glasses too actually, so I only wear them right before bed and in the morning. :) Have fun organizing! I’ll be right there with you soon!

10. Beth says

Ashley, I was surprised to see you eat non fat yogurt. I wouldn’t think you would go for the “diet” products. :(

Oh well, I eat it all – nonfat, lowfat, full fat. It’s actually hard to find full fat yogurt these days (sadly), but when I see it, I jump on it! I don’t think nonfat yogurt/milk are terrible, but I wouldn’t say they’re my favorite either.

I’m still stuck on “In a few weeks from now, it’ll consist of a lot more unpacking, organizing, and decorating. I’m actually really excited for it – I love all of that stuff!” I soo wish I liked the whole packing/unpacking/organizing thing but sadly, I really, REALLY do not. Lol! The hubs/kiddo and I are moving into our first home in a few short months too though, so will def. have to get over it and just get it done! ;-) Congrats again on closing on the house you wanted!!

12. Katie says

I have tried the belVita & honestly wasn’t a fan… :/ Oikos is good but I’m a FAGE lover all the way :) Favorite quick breakfast— Big bowl of plain greek yogurt sweetened with stevia & cinnamon topped with fresh fruit & granola. Otherwise an Apple with PB & a quest bar. I LOVE to organize :)

Yep! I plan to talk about weaning when we’re totally done. I’m excited to show you photos of the house! I will make sure to post them after we move in. It’s looking like the close date will be May 16th. It seems like an eternity away! I’m so excited to move in!

13. Alaina says

If that’s the Honey Baked Ham Company’s Roasted Turkey, I had that for Easter, too! It’s super delicious AND healthy!

Oh my gosh, I miss those two nap days! :) (Which is what every other mom says to me now about the one-nap days, haha–scary!)

I’ve been trying the Belvitas for the same campaign and am loving the chocolate flavor! I’ve been super unhappy with my breakfast choices lately so they came at a good time. :)

I love “day in the life” type posts; I guess it’s the nosiness in me. Sounds like a busy, yet productive day! Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, and Kohls…doesn’t get much better than that!
    I’ve never heard of honey baked turkey – sounds delicious! I know you’re ready to get settled into the new home and begin establishing some sort of “new normal!”

The turkey is from Honey Baked Ham. It was my first time trying it this Easter, and it’s my new favorite! So good!

16. Johanne says

Hi Ashley

I love your blog! Have ben away for a while due to a break from my fitness routine. But, now I’m back! :)
    Oh, and I love Day in life-posts :D

Would you consider writing more stuff about your dogs?

17. Amanda N says

I’ve never tried any types of breakfast biscuit – I’m usual an eggs/oatmeal/toast/cereal/fruit breakfast person, although not all together. I’ve had dannon’s greek but prefer stony field and chobani. I try to keep things organized by everything having a place to be put away – so hopefully nothing is left out! Can’t wait to see pics of the house and looking forward to a post on weaning too – can’t believe my little one is already almost 10 months!