Friday Favorites: 05/02/14

Well heyyyyyy! I hope you’re in a great mood today because it’s FRIDAY! We have a fairly low-key but fun weekend in store, so I’m looking forward to it.

In honor of Friday, I thought it’d be fun to link-up to Heather’s Friday Favorites series. It’s been awhile since I’ve done a post like this, so it’ll be a nice change of pace. I’m not sure if it’ll be a regular Friday thing or not – time will tell.

Capture

Most of this stuff revolves around food and fitness… Are you surprised? Winking smile

Let’s chat FOOD favorites first:

Peanut Butter & Co. has easily been one of my favorite peanut butter companies for a few years now. One of their flavors, The Bee’s Knees always tasted good to me, but it was never one of my top favorites until just recently. They sent me a couple jars a few weeks back and I haven’t been able to keep my spoon out of it! I have a new love for this stuff. It’s right up there with White Chocolate Wonderful and Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Gosh, how do you even choose a favorite flavor from this company?!

Capture

I go in phases with English muffins, and I’ve totally been in an obsessed phase with them lately. I spotted them on sale at the grocery store last week, and I think I’ve eaten one in some shape or form for breakfast ever since. I especially love the Thomas brand – all the “nooks and crannies” are perfect for holding loads of peanut butter, butter, jam, cheese, or (insert amazing topping here).

• Cherry tomatoes

My parents have a great garden in their backyard that is growing tomatoes like crazy so they have been giving them away left and right. They are SO good! Perfectly ripe, juicy, and flavorful. I eat them like grapes!

Capture

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee

Yikes, this one has gotten a little out of control around here lately. I’ve always loved my coffee, but it seems like I’m drinking more and more of it these days. I blame it on not sleeping well. Lots and lots and lots has been swirling around my brain lately making it difficult to sleep well. I hope to cut back on it when things settle down a bit, but until then, I’m embracing it with open arms.

Well, we all know how much I love ice cream… When I was asked to try out Enlightened Ice Cream, a new-to-me brand of ice cream that is full of protein, fiber, and better-for-you ingredients, I jumped on it! With only 70-100 calories, 7-8 grams of protein, and only 3 grams of sugar, you can’t really beat it. I have only had the chance to try the vanilla ice cream sandwiches, but I would love to try some of their other flavors. Let’s be real, it’s not the real deal, but it’s a nice “healthified” treat that is a little lower in sugar for when the craving hits.

Moving on to FITNESS favorites:

We are officially in our second week of bootcamp, and I am loving every minute of it! Paige has done an incredible job at structuring the workouts. They have been challenging yet easy to follow, and best of all, fun! It’s been a great change of pace for me, and it’s perfect timing because I currently don’t have a gym membership and no gym is required for these workouts.

image

• Walks

The mornings and evenings have been beautiful here, so we’ve been going on lots of walks! It won’t last for much longer, so I’m taking advantage of it as much as I can. It’s one way I can easily soothe Hunter from his teething pains and the dogs love it too!

Capture

• Blog Workouts

I am always pinning workouts from some of my favorite fitness blogs on to my Workout Pinterest board for later use. Since I’m doing a lot of workouts at home lately, I will occasionally throw in a random workout I have pinned. It keeps things fun and interesting, and it requires little to no thinking about my workouts.

Capture

• Hikes

The last couple weekends, Cody, Hunter, the dogs, and I have been going on Saturday morning hikes. There’s a couple mountains with several trails all over it not too far away, so we’ve been taking advantage before we hibernate all summer. It’s become one of my favorite parts of our weekends. Since we seem to be surrounded by family a lot these days (a huge blessing – not complaining!), the short quality time we have together with just our little family is treasured.

Capture

Aaaand that’s a wrap! Have a great Friday!

P.S. See ya on Sunday for another hypothalamic amenorrhea success story! It’s a good one!

What some of your FOOD favorites lately?

What are some of your FITNESS favorites lately?

Comments

I go through the same phases with english muffins. I’m a sucker for the seasonal flavors and I heard a rumor that Cinnamon Vanilla is out there somewhere? I’d be all over that one!

I love the Mighty Maple too! I don’t think I would stand a chance with that much Peanut Butter & Co. in my pantry. When it’s around, I have little self control! ;)

I’ve also been taking advantage of the beautiful weather & soaking up walks with my puppy! And those tomatoes look amazingly delicious, send some my way? ;-)

Why don’t I take advantage of Pinterest more and start pinning workouts like you do!! Geez, you’re such a genius!!!! :)

Cherry tomatoes are totally where it’s at. Can you believe I didn’t like tomatoes growing up?!?! But, the health nerd in me knew how good they were for me, and forced myself to eat them, and now, of course, I love them! Go figure!!

Florida this Tuesday…cannot wait for shorts and sunglasses and sun (all things ‘S’ apparently haha)

That’s too funny about tomatoes because I was the EXACT same way! Now I love them! Yayyyyyyy for Florida! Soak it all in! Can’t wait to hear about it. :)

I like real juicy ripe tomatoes….but don’t love grape tomatoes. Neither does my husband! I think it’s because I’ve had too many awful ones. So maybe if I had some good ones I would?!

Sounds like the bootcamp is fun–awesome!!

5. Nicole says

Fitness Favorite: Well, I haven’t DONE it yet, but I just bought a Groupon for a month of unlimited Pilates classes. I’m excited to try something new! :)

Food Favorite: I can’t stop with the Quest Bars!! :)

Let me know how you like the Pilates classes! Whenever I’ve done a Pilates workout, my butt is KICKED! It’s challenging in a whole new way.

Hi Ashley, Happy Friday to you! My favorite food lately is absolutely the sweet potato. I could eat it at every meal.

I love hikes too. There are some great places to hike outside of San Francisco where I live, and I’m hoping to get outside to do some hiking soon.

Have a great day!

Ashley! Hey Girl! Great to hear from you. Mmmm sweet potatoes are so good! San Fran is beautiful … just a tad jealous you live there! ;)

7. Alaina says

I’ve never seen Enlightened to try it, but I have tried Yasso, which is equally healthy, and delicious!

I feel like I’ve been going through the same thing with the Bee’s Knees. I’ve always liked it, but lately it’s just delicious!

So jealous of your Saturday morning hikes. Hiking is my absolute favorite thing to do, but, living in Oklahoma, it doesn’t happen nearly as often as I would like. Can’t wait to take a hike in Park City this summer!

9. Katie says

Foods lately.. COFFEE x20. I’m with you on the not sleeping well & brain swirling ;) Also Banana & PB such a quick snack & subs! Fitness hasn’t been much lately.. So I’ll count lifting boxes & carrying Drake around!

Moving definitely tends to throw things off a little. I think lifting boxes and Drake around is perfectly acceptable for a workout! ;)

10. lauren says

Food faves…dark chocolate and peanut butter (dark chocolate dreams is my fave pb&co), in the form of pb cup smoothies for dessert. Much better than going back for “one more’ piece of candy. Pickles, egg sandwiches.
    Fitness faves…anything I actually do these days. I haven’t gotten back in a groove since having my 9mo, so I’m trying to just do SOMETHING lately. Usually elliptical, walk or a jog.

Have you tried the new cinnamon and vanilla english muffins? They come out with a limited addition one all the time. They are pretty yummy with some peanut butter! Oh my those tomatoes look amazing!! Feel free to ship some here :) Have a great weekend!

No, I haven’t, but another reader mentioned them, and they sound right up my alley! Where did you find them??

That peanut butter looks awesome!! I LOVE peanut butter and could eat it all day! My fave workout right now is running…well, not my fave in the sense that it’s the one I like most, but more in the sense that it’s the workout I do the most right now since I’m training for a half marathon.

13. Leslie says

Food favorite lately is my new breakfast go-to: smashed avocado with a light dusting of salt and pepper on toast topped with an egg. SO good! Favorite fitness has definitely been combining my half-marathon training with some HIIT/Lifting. Sometimes it sabotages me and I have to plan a rest day after because I’m so sore! :)

Question: what kind of baby carrier do you use on your hikes? We need one for our 1 year old (a hefty 25lbs too!) and the one I have is a soft carrier and kills my back now that she is bigger.

We are using our Ergo. Sometimes I put it on my back … other times I wear him on my front. Whatever I’m feelin’. It works fine for now, but my husband would like to get a hiking backpack at some point.