Working on that Whole De-Stressing Thing

I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Aveeno. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.

About a month ago, I was asked to participate in a campaign with Mom Central Consulting and Aveeno. We were assigned to choose a challenge that we wanted to accept over the course of the next three weeks. I decided to challenge myself to work on de-stressing and to participate in daily meditation. My photo and challenge were posted on the Aveeno Facebook page, so it helped me stay accountable to this challenge throughout the course of the three weeks.

This challenge really couldn’t have come at a better time for me. As most of you know, the last month or so has been just a tad hectic (more like a lot hectic). Moving is chaotic, stressful, and crazy. Add in moving to a different state, trying to sell your house, finding a house to buy in what appears to be a pretty competitive market, your husband starting a new job, living with family in the meantime, and trying to do it all with a very active little toddler makes it all exponentially chaotic, stressful, and crazy.

Needless to say, I’ve needed some major de-stressing practice in my life the last several weeks.

Stress. Less.

Let’s chat about how I managed to do throughout this little challenge.

The beginning wasn’t too bad. I was motivated and excited to focus on relaxing, doing my daily devotions/meditation/prayer, and taking lots of deep breaths. Then the second week came, and I started to lose focus. Things got chaotic with lots of demanding paperwork and whirlwinds of thoughts that got me distracted from my de-stressing goals. I started slacking on exercise (a huge de-stressor for me), got out of the habit of my daily devotions (a big encouragement and sense of peace for me), and wasn’t sleeping well. I don’t care who you are, moving and everything that comes with it is a huge stressor. I got a little reminder of our challenge the third week, and I decided to jump back into things and get back on track with my goals. I know stress is NOT good for me, and it really does me no good, so what’s the point of stressing, right? I made it a priority to attack my challenge head-on, and whaddya know … there was a lot less stress in my life the third week of the challenge.

A huge thanks to Aveeno for helping me out with this one and not allowing me to look like too much of a hot mess. Throughout this challenge, we were also asked to use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion to see how our skin responded throughout the three weeks. Their Daily Moisturizing Lotion has always done wonders for my skin. I wear it on the daily, even before I got selected for this campaign.

There’s several reasons I love this stuff:

• Made with ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal and blended with rich emollients to soothe and moisturize dry skin. ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal is the #1 natural ingredient most trusted and recommended by dermatologists.
  • Non-greasy (a big deal for my oily skin)
  • Fast absorbing (also a big deal because I often put it on as I’m practically running out the door)
  • Hypoallergenic (AKA doesn’t cause most allergies)
  • Noncomedogenic (AKA doesn’t block pores)

If you didn’t already know, Arizona (and Utah for that matter) are SUPER dry. Without lotion, my skin looks like a reptile’s skin. Lovely, right? I needed a quality lotion that kept my skin glowing and soft. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion does the trick every time – I love, love, LOVE it.

Even though the challenge is officially over, I’m continuing my efforts to decrease stress and will continue to use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion on a daily basis. We all know I need ‘em both!

What’s a health challenge you want to make for yourself?

Do you ever find yourself overstressing?

What are some ways that help you de-stress?

Have you ever tried out any Aveeno products?

Comments

Sometimes I think stress is my middle name! But you’re right, there’s no sense in stressing over what we cannot control. I have to constantly remind myself to turn it over to the Lord.

I’ve always loved Avenno products, but as someone with oily skin, I don’t tend to use lotion that much. However, I may have to try it for the de-stressing “properties!” :-)

Oh man, I’m the stressing queen. I mainly stress when it comes to work and I’m really trying to get better at not worrying about the things I can’t control. I love your quote about also not stressing about the things you cannot change –
    There’s no point in getting all wrapped up with something that just won’t go away in the end!

Aveeno is one of my go-to’s for moisturizer – my skin is super dry, and it definitely helps! To help with stress, I try to crave out an at least an hour for myself daily to relax, read a book, watch a show – basically just turn off my brain for a while.

I am constantly working on de-stressing myself. Life is just stressful in general and I really try to not let it get the best of me and I also try to focus on happy things. I’ve been doing the 100 happy days challenge and it’s actually really shed light on that for me!

Hot tea + a good book are the perfect combo to help me wind down. I’ve been stressing over baby registry and the rest of the pre-baby to-do list, so these have become a must recently.

Oh man, I remember going through that. I think it’s important to do research on a few things (mostly the bigger items that involve safety – i.e. carseat), but don’t stress over the rest. A lot of it I didn’t even realize I needed until after Hunter was born.

I love Aveeno lotion. I was introduced to it when a friend bought me it as part of a basket at my baby shower. We use their baby shampoo and bath wash as well now!

So glad you found a way to destress. I am working on that myself and will use some of your tips. Thank YOU!

Hi Ashley,
    Feeling healthy helps me get over stress, which means I need to maintain my workouts, drink a lot of water, eat right and sleep. I can conquer anything when properly rested and fueled. But when I’m dragging, that’s when it gets toughed.
    I feel for you with the move. I moved from Florida to San Francisco a year-and-a-half ago and not one thing about it was easy. Stay strong! :)

Definitely! I’m the same way. If I’m well-fed and have adequate sleep under my belt, I’m good to go … but it’s sometimes a viscious cycle. Sometimes I don’t sleep or eat well because I’m stressed, and then it all goes downhill from there. We are excited to be all moved in and settled, that’s for sure!

I stress really easily, especially during those times when church and school stuff all pile up (while trying to train for a marathon). Sometimes, even the marathon training can become a stressor since I try to do the workouts they prescribe. Instead, I alter it into an easy day of running, and I’m able to de-stress quite nicely.

That cream has been an absolute lifesaver for me over the past couple of years. I swear there’s nothing else that keeps my skin looking like skin instead of sandpaper in the ridiculous winters that we have here in Alberta. And stress is seriously the bane of my existence… I’ve gotten better at managing it over the years, but it doesn’t take much for me to get overwhelmed when things with work start getting crazy.

I love Aveeno products! Their foaming face wash and moisturizing lotion are amazing!

What I usually do to de-stress is try to make time for myself, whether it’s working out, going for a walk, or reading. Time alone really helps get myself together and helps me escape from things that put a lot of weight on my shoulders.

11. Katie says

Health challenge for myself… Don’t stress over missing days of exercise. It’s a way I love to de-stress, however if I miss a bunch of days I get “stressed” about it! ha & of course I overstress ;) I’m a MOM! & Yes I have tried Aveeno products I loooooove the lotion!

I love their moisturizer it is so nice! Crazy how it is the most hard to fit in thethings we probably most need to do to help us relax when we are stressed, like sleep, exercise, good food etc.

Oh yes I overstress too much. However, I’ve been more aware of it lately and working towards fixing this. Stressing only makes me stress more, because of the side effects such as breaking out or moodiness.