Friday Favorites: 5/30/14

Happy Friday!

I’m back with another installment of Friday Favorites thanks to the fabulous Heather over at Housewife Glamour. Thanks for the link-up, Heather!

Capture

stainless steel cleaner

I know, seems kinda silly that I’d get so excited about stainless steel cleaner, but it’s the little things, right? Winking smile Our new house has stainless steel appliances, and I’ve tried to clean them with Windex, Grease Lightening, you name it, since we’ve moved in and it always resulted in a smeary looking mess. I finally remembered to pick up some stainless steel cleaner at Target the other day, and I’m tellin’ ya, the stuff works miracles. I think I literally let out a huge “ahhhhh” when I finished cleaning the front of our appliances yesterday. They’re so sparkly and clean now!

lunch with Cody

I had yet to see Cody’s new office, so Hunter and I made the short drive over to visit Cody on his lunch break yesterday. It was such a treat to be able to see him midday and eat lunch with him! I packed us turkey sandwiches, pears, crackers, and baby carrots. He also baked us a couple chocolate chip cookies that they always have on hand for clients. They are so yummy!

our bed

I’ve always loved our bed, but I’m especially loving it since we’ve been in our new house. I bought new sheets and a comforter, and they make a world of a difference. Everything is so soft and comfortable – I think I could stay in bed forever!

teaching group fitness

You knew this one was coming, right? It felt SO awesome to be in front of the class teaching again, and I’m so proud of myself for taking the plunge and getting back into it. As I’ve said again and again, I’m especially stoked to be up there teaching Body Pump in the near future!

corn on the cob

I can’t get enough! I’m pretty sure Cody is already sick of it, but for me, the corn eating season is just beginning. The juicy, sweet kernels bursting with flavor, and then add a little salted butter – heavenly!

Hunter’s good naps

I won’t lie, things have been a little rough with Hunter the last couple weeks. Those darn molars are testing all of our patience. He’s still been sleeping well at night, but naps are a different story. Initially I thought it was time to move down to one nap, but then I realized he was not ready for that and it was most likely his teething that was affecting his naps. I gave him some Motrin before his nap the other day, and it was pure bliss. No crying, just pure silence – it was glorious. I guess I was taking those good naps he was having for so long for granted. Totally appreciating and loving his good naps these days!

smoothies

I’m totally on a smoothie kick around here lately. Almost every day after the gym, Hunter and I come home and drink green smoothies together for our mid morning snack. They’re so refreshing and packed with nutrients. The little guy loves them so much he cries when his is all gone. Ha!

this article about hot yoga

Before you read it, please be aware that it does have some mildly inappropriate language in it, but it’s pretty funny nonetheless. Cody sent it to me and it was cracking me up.

What are some of YOUR favorite things (food, fitness, finds, funnies, fashion, you name it!) from this week?

Comments

I remember how awful cleaning products can be on stainless steel. A cold stainless steel cleaner is priceless! Have a good weekend lady!

Stainless steel appliances and little kid fingers=you will never stop cleaning again, lol! I love the look but it smudges so easy!!

I love sprucing up my room with new sheets/bedding. It really does make the bed that much more inviting. Not that I need a reason to find myself in bed these days…..

Haha true. They were there when we moved in, so I didn’t have too much of a choice in the matter. But then again, there were fingerprints all over our black appliances in our old house too, so I guess you can’t really win. ;)

Soak up that bed time! You have every reason to! :) SO excited for you!

Corn on the cob has been ridiculously delicious already! I didn’t expect our first go of the summer to be such a hit! And congrats on the teaching gig!!

Early morning runs, evening after dinner walks with my husband and the dogs, coffee dates with friends, being back in class, and huge homemade grilled chicken salads. This weekend we’re hiking in the canyon and going out to dinner!

5. Alyssa says

Baby oil works great on stainless steal. I clean mine with a little soap and water first, then go over it after with baby oil and it looks great!

Isn’t it funny how they cry when certain foods are gone? One tip for stainless steel if you run out of your cleaner if to use a damp microfiber cloth with a couple drops of essential oil (I use orange or lemon) and wipe. Works like a charm!

That’s so cute that you went to have lunch at Cody’s office! I remember when I was little we’d meet my dad at the Wendy’s right next to his office (back when Wendy’s had a buffet…) and I loved it!

Teaching group fitness should always be on your list of favorites. :) It’s certainly a job that you only do if you love it.

My Friday Favorites will go live shortly, also linking up. Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

9. Beth says

Oh, I love that comforter. Can I ask where you got it from along with the pillows? So pretty. Will you be posting pictures of your new house? :)

Thank you, Beth! I got both the comforter and shams from Kohl’s! They were having a big sale on their bedding last month and I took advantage. The tan throw pillow was one I had already. I think I originally got it from Ikea? Yes, I meant to get up photos this week but it just didn’t happen. Shooting for next week! ;)

Haha. I guess the neat freak in me is like that. I just love a made bed – the way it looks and then getting into it come bedtime is worth it to me to make it every morning. ;)

Ahhh, stainless steel cleaner! I totally get your excitement there. (Which is either really sad, or awesome.) Congrats on the new teaching job! I would love to teach Body Pump one day. Thanks for the shout out and link up, Happy Friday! :)

Haha, let’s just go with it being really awesome. Excitements change in life as you get older, yes? ;) Happy Friday to you too, Girl!

Yes stainless cleaner! We have stainless steel appliances as well and it took me a long time to figure out a good brand to use on it and once I finally found one, it makes such a huge difference! I totally get your excitement on that one!

12. susan says

Just an fyi, if you want to avoid the toxins/chemicals of the stainless steel spray, we have ae stainless stovetop and have always used a damp paper towl and then wipe with a dry one. It also comes out smear-free for us – ours is polished stainless so that could make a difference I suppose, but it beats buying a product that could be toxic to you and your little guy!

Thanks for the tip, Susan! I have been gradually switching over to all natural cleaning products for other things, but I have yet to see one for cleaning stainless steel. Ours is a brushed stainless steel, so unfortunately the damp cloth trick didn’t work very well for me.

13. Stacey M. says

I use the exact same stainless steel cleaner on my refrigerator and it works like magic. Sometimes I get lazy and just quickly wipe it down with a wet cloth, but it never looks as good as when I actually use the cleaner.

I too love having a neatly made bed. New bedding is definitely a plus! I remember when I moved into my house (2.5 years ago!) and bought new bedding for my bed. It just makes the whole room more inviting!

I just read that article … hilarious! Thanks for sharing :)

Our new house also has stainless, so I’ll have to get some of that. Didn’t even know that was a thing! Emma is getting a molar or 2 right now too and same time – naps are iffy, but night time sleep is fine (thank goodness)! We give her as much ibuprofen as we can safely.

15. Ashley M says

Love this post; like always! That article about hot yoga was so funny! So true! Oh my, I have a hard time going to that class! I need to find that stainless steal cleaner! I can only imagine how life changing that would be! I love love love corn on the cob! I am always so excited each year when they are back in season, and I can pick them fresh from my families farm! I’ll be praying for Hunter, and you too! I hope these next few days bring good, long naps for him!! Also, your new bed cover is adorable! Love the soft blues and whites!

16. Mia says

Not a new find, but loving the multigrain food should taste good chips this week.
    New finds have been Okios Greek yogurt French onion dip with veggies and TJs gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Oh my word, DELISH! I also picked up whole foods ready prepped guacamole and it was divine.
    Yay for sweet corn. I love it cold with salt from the fridge as a leftover.
    That’s awesome that you have hunter hooked on green smoothies. Do you hold the protein powder in his or do you add it all? Favorite combo?
    Happy Friday!

That yoga mat ad is hilarious! Thanks for sharing! It’s been so sunny today that my Friday favorite is wearing shorts and drinking iced coffee. :) Enjoy your weekend!

Grain free smoked salmon quiche (recipe coming next week! I’m in love!), also prosciutto and serrano ham…I’d no idea what I was missing! Kettlebells! My bed…which I should have spent more time in, looking forward to a couple of extra hours tonight!

19. Katie says

Coffee (teething baby!) & Smoothies, it’s getting hot here & I love it. Also long skirts & flowy tops. Also walking after dinner… I hope summer stays forever haha

One reason I love summer? Totally the corn on the cob! I remember in elementary school when I was the “student of the week” or whatever, I listed corn as my favorite food. Ha! Doesn’t the stainless cleaner make SO much of a distance. I love how my appliances look when I’m finished wiping them down. Have a great weekend!!

21. Amanda N says

Cute new bedding! We have a lighter comforter we put on our bed in the spring/summer and I love the new look we get with it. We’ve been dealing with a sick little one so lately our favorites have been snuggling, tylenol, and sleep. Feel so bad when they are sick!

22. Holly says

Ooh that corn on the cob looks soooo good!!

I’m totally a smoothie person too! Do you have your breakfast before you hit the gym or do you have a light snack?

Lately I’ve been going to the gym after Hunter wakes up (around 8-8:30), so I eat breakfast before I go to the gym since I wake up around 6:30. But, when I do decide to workout earlier, I usually eat a banana + almonds and drink some coffee, workout, and then eat a normal breakfast after the gym. :)