Home Tour

Fiiiiiinally, what you’ve all been asking for – a home tour!

I wanted to wait until we got a little bit more situated to share photos with you, and I feel like we’re finally at that point. Our new house is larger than our last house in Utah, so it’ll take some time to fill it with furniture, but we’ll get there.

Living Room

hometour

Looking down from our stairs.

hometour1

On either sides of this wall is the kitchen/dining area. Behind me is the living room, to the left is the stairs, & to the right is the sliding glass door to the backyard.

hometour2

Sliding glass door looking out to porch and pool. To the left of the pool will be grass (eventually).

hometour3

Looking into the living room from the dining room area. You can see the front door here.

Kitchen

hometour4

Most of the kitchen here. To the left is the refrigerator & a little more counter/cupboard space. There’s a walkway off to the left that goes to the washer/dryer, a powder room, and the garage.

hometour5

View into the dining room from the living room. Kitchen is off to the left.

hometour7

Downstairs powder room. P.S. Taking photos of small bathrooms is nearly impossible!

Upstairs

hometour8

Master bedroom.

hometour9

More master bedroom. This is across from the bed. There will soon be a bookshelf & chair in the corner where all the boxes (of books) are.

hometour10

Looking into the master bathroom. Double sinks are to the left, tub is on the right, shower is far left, toilet is far right, & walk-in closet is straight ahead.

hometour11

Tub = heaven.

hometour13

Looking down the upstairs hallway from the master bedroom. Hunter’s bathroom is on the left, his bedroom is the far left, and there’s another spare bedroom across from Hunter’s on the right.

hometour12

Hunter/guest’s upstairs bathroom

Aaaand every time I think about taking a photo of Hunter’s room, he’s asleep. We didn’t do anything too different than what was in his old room – same décor, similar colors, etc. In this room, however, he has a dark khaki accent wall and the other walls are a light cream color. I’m also excited to add a little “reading corner” for him in the near future.

Hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into our new home. We are still making progress on things, but we are pretty well settled which is a wonderful feeling!

Have a great start to your week!

Comments

My goodness, the house is so GORGEOUS! Congrats!!! :) I agree with a few other posters – so jealous of that pool! Lol! I’m sure you all will enjoy, especially with the warmer temps over there! Your pics are making me super excited for me & my fam’s big move into our first home in August. Yay!! Have a great week & thx for sharing!

2. Vicki Johnson says

I’m so glad you’re settling in, and very glad you’re back! The East Valley seems almost as far as Utah, LOL, but we’ll have to make plans to get together! Love ya!

3. Mia says

Gorgeous!! Very open and spacious. I feel ya on the furniture. We’ve lived in our house for 3 years this summer, and are still short on furniture. I guess that’s what happens with big houses!
    How big is your backyard, or is it mainly pool? Big enough for a swing set for Hunter too? :)

The pool takes up a big chunk of the yard but there’s open space to the left of the yard. It currently has gravel there, but we will eventually add grass. It’s a big enough area for a swingset, but we probably will just leave it open for the dogs to roam and Hunter to play. :)

what a beautiful house! And, ummm can I come live in your backyard? It looks amazing!

So, this is a completely unrelated question but I figured you’d be able to help me: what is the difference between strength training and metabolic conditioning? (sorry if this is a dumb question!) Is strength training strictly when weights are being used? Or would something like jumping squats still be considered “strength” as opposed to cardio/met. con? Thanks :)

Thank you, Kaitlyn! :)

And great question, I’m glad you asked! Metabolic conditioning is what I would compare to HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training). These workouts consist of working REALLY hard at whatever you’re doing to get your heart rate way up for a short amount of time (usually 30-60 seconds), and then resting for about double the time, and repeating those work/rest intervals several times. Metabolic training can be used with cardio exercises (i.e. running, jumping jacks, jumping rope, etc.) OR with strength training (i.e. squats, push ups, etc.). When I say strength training, it’s a very BROAD term. Strength training is anything related to working on your strength. It can be anything from Body Pump to circuits with strength exercises to pilates. I hope that helps!

5. Amanda N says

thanks for sharing – it looks beautiful! I’m not really a pool/water person but it is so hot today and the AC isn’t on yet so I’m a tad jealous of your pool at the moment! Lover your kitchen too.

6. Katie says

Wow! Looks beautiful!!!! :) At least your more moved in than we are in less time! haha… Where did you get that white tv stand at?! I love IT!!!

Yay!! Been wondering when/if you’d post a home tour! Love your whole house…the kitchen seems wonderful – plenty of workspace, nice countertops- your living room is spacious, and the master path looks fab too! But, oh my, that pool! I don’t think I’d be able to get much done if I had that in my backyard!

So happy for you and your little family! Looks like y’all are settling in beautifully! What a blessing to have such a wonderful new home!

8. Melissa says

Wow! What a beautiful house! You guys picked a keeper! Arizona is by far one of my favorite places! Are you in the Scottsdale area?!

Thank you! No, we are in the Gilbert/Chandler area which is about 30 minutes southeast of Scottsdale. I grew up in Scottsdale though, and my parents still live in the area. :)

• Melissa says

Another beautiful area! We have a house we rent out to people in queen creek but I am hoping to move to Arizona at some point! Congrats on the new house! That’s nice your family is so close and still in scottsdale!

9. Marie says

Your house looks beautiful; glad to see you all settled in! Congrats on the BodyPump training; can’t wait to hear more about your adventures with that. I love the quilt on your bed! We live in Texas, so I have been trying to find a nice coverlet or light quilt that is soft, but haven’t had any luck. We’ve been just sleeping with the sheets. :) Do you like the one you have? Any recommendations? Thanks!

I LOVE this one! I just recently found it at Kohls! They had some other nice ones too. Great prices too!