06/05/14: Thursday Thoughts

1. Oh my, these cookies. (I used THIS recipe except I used peanut butter instead of almond butter.)

I seriously have no self-control with these babies. Peanut butter, butter, chocolate, sugar, and oats all in one lump of a cookie. It really can’t get much better than that. Cody and I were debating last night as to whether no-bake cookies or chocolate chip cookies (his all-time favorite food) would win for first place in a cookie competition. I decided they tied; he argued chocolate chip cookies always win. I’m usually not a person that’s OK with “ties” because of my competitive nature, but no-bake cookies and chocolate chip cookies are a fair tie in my book.

2. OK, so I have to tell you about this fun new link-up that my blogger friend, Katie is doing! I stumbled across her blog about a month ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. She’s basically the cutest thing ever and teaches me how to dress myself. She’s also very passionate about working toward a healthy lifestyle, so she’s creating a Healthy Habits link-up party on Thursdays for bloggers to link-up to one of their favorite healthy living posts from the week. It can be related to anything healthy living related – fitness posts, healthy recipes, workout clothes, you name it. Even better, if you tweet about the link-up, share the link to her post, and tag Katie (@katiedid_what), you’ll be entered in to win a $25 gift card to Amazon! She also has other fun prizes for random participants in weeks to come. Sounds fun, huh?! You have nothing to lose if you link-up – it’s basically a win-win for everyone! The link-up starts TODAY, so head on over to her blog and link-up your post!

3. Blend, Blend, Blend is on the brain! I’m so stinkin’ excited I can barely stand it! To meet so many of you in person will be such a treat. I’ve actually only ever met a few other bloggers in person before – Chelsey, Katie, Annette, and Janae. So this will be super fun to officially meet and hang out with so many amazing people that I’ve been in contact with via the internet.

4. I’m also really looking forward to spending the second half of Sunday and all day Monday with one of my Utah BFFs, Jessica. I decided to stay one extra day to spend some quality time with her, and I know we’ll have the best time. She’s basically my soul sister, so how could we not? I’m still convincing her that she needs to move to AZ. You’ll be tan all year long, Jess! Winking smile

Capture

5. I found THE perfect tray for our dining room table. I’ve been looking high and low for one since we moved in, and I finally found what I was envisioning! I randomly came across it at Hobby Lobby yesterday, and it was 50% off – SCORE! I love when that happens.

6. We are still working through How I Met Your Mother episodes on Netflix, and I’m still loving (most of) the episodes. Considering we’ve been going through the show for the past 4-5 months now, I have a feeling I’m going to be pretty sad when Marshall, Lily, Barney, Robin, and Ted are no longer a part of my life every evening. To prep myself, I’m already thinking of the next show we’ll watch. I’ve heard lots of great things about Scandal, but that’s all I have so far. Any other ideas?!

7. I cooked spaghetti for dinner last night, and although it was good, I don’t think a pasta dinner will be happening again any time in the near future. It is WAY too hot for a meal like that around here during the summer months. By the time I was done cooking, I was sweating up a storm and it didn’t even sound that appealing to me. I guess it was a good thing Hunter was on board and loved it…

Capture

8. I’m trying to understand the whole Google+ thing. I regularly get emails saying that so-and-so added me on Google+, and I have NO idea what that means. Apparently it’s similar to Facebook or something? Do we really need another social media platform? I feel like I can barely keep up with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and my good ol’ email, let alone more.

9. Today will consist of packing and getting some last minute blog stuff done before I head over to my parents’ house for the night. I have an earlier flight tomorrow morning, so I figured it’d be easier to just spend the night and then my mama is taking me to the airport. Lots of mixed emotions are going on – excitement about seeing so many pretty faces, anxiety about leaving Hunter behind, and some nostalgia heading back to Utah. I didn’t think it’d really affect me, but going back to Utah this soon after our move is a little bittersweet for me. Anyways, I’ll catch ya on the flipside! Winking smile

Thinking-Out-Loud

What kind of cookie do YOU think should win a cookie competition?

Netflix show recommendations? Anyone seen Scandal?

Dinner suggestions that are appealing in the heat of the summer?

Please inform me on the Google+ thing!?

Comments

I don’t get google+ either – I post on there when I remember because I heard itz good to, but no clue why. Best cookie? Yikes that’s hard!!!!! Maybe a really good classic sugar cookie with sprinkles of course!

I’d definitely recommend House of Cards and/or Breaking Bad.
    I really dislike politics, but I think House of Cards is fascinating!!! It gives a really interesting look into today’s politics/government. I didn’t think I’d like it at all, but I got sucked into the story lines after a few episodes.
    Breaking Bad is another one that took me a few episodes to get into. At first I really disliked it (the whole drug making/dealing on TV thing bothered me), but I was encouraged to keep an open mind. I did, and once I began to understand the characters and the story lines, I was hooked! It’s really an excellent show (though a little gruesome at times – just try and get past some grossness in the first episode :)).

Have fun at Blend! I’ll be living vicariously through everyone. Wish I could be going! In the summer, I use the grill a lot and the crock pot! Crock pot meals are thought of for the winter, but they are perfect for not making your entire house hot in the summer.

I love those cookies too! My friend always makes them for me. I think they’re a genius idea! I’ve been addicted to Royal Pains on Netflix lately. It’s awesome! In the summer, I like to eat cold soups like chowders and a lot of fresh fruits. Google+ is another social media site. If you have a gmail account, you can add people to your “circle” and interact with them on your Google+ wall.

Scandal’s soooo good! I’m actually re-watching the 3rd season, just because I can’t go without it until the fall ;) My husband would totally be like your’s in the cookie debate. I haven’t had a no-bake cookie in a really long time, but I loved them growing up. Adding that to the to-make list, for sure :)

I have NO control over any cookies! Lol. I think a plain classic, chewy chocolate chip cookie should – I am obsessed with finding the perfect one.
    I do not have Netflix, we just cancelled it cause we never watched anything on it. But I did watch some Gossip Girl on it this winter.
    I have been using my crockpot lately to avoid the oven or BBQ and salads – Iowa Girl Eats has the best salads in my opinion.
    I have not looked into Google + either yet!

I miss How I Met Your Mother! Sad when it ended. We love Scandal. And we watch that 70’s Show reruns on Netflix. I do more cold salads, sandwiches, and food that only uses the stove in the summer. I hate using the oven for anything. Burgers and veggies on the grill too!

I am ALSO binge watching ‘How I met your mother,’ It’s so good! I personally love finding early ’90 – early ’00 sitcoms and watching them all. Last time it was Golden Girls, and let me tell you, I was not disappointed ;)

Ugh, sadly I can barely keep up with ANY shows these days with a full-time job and an energetic little 4 month old around to keep me busy. Lol. Love him to pieces though!! The hubster loves to watch “Falling Skies” when he has a few minutes tho. Not sure if it’s on Netflix but I’d def. try that series out – hubby is usually pretty selective, so if he’s watching it, it Must be a good one. ;-) Have a GREAT time at Blend!!

Taco bowls or fajitas…leftover quiche or frittata…I say leftover just because I prefer it cold! That is such a cute photo of Hunter! Can’t wait to hear all about your adventures!

I need to try Orange is the New Black again. I tried it once and couldn’t get into it, but I probably didn’t give it a fair chance.

Here are my comments on this post (haha):

1. I don’t really do Google+ either. I’m like you and think are already enough other things to do! I don’t want to be a slave to the computer (I already feel overwhelmed and hardly do anything!)

2. Still unsure of how the way How I Met Your Mother Ended, so embrace it now! We watch Suits (caught up now though) and House of Cards (almost caught up), so I’m looking for the next show to watch also. I heard Game of Thrones is good, so maybe that!

3. Those cookies sound amazing (just went to the recipe). I need to pick up some more PB today!!!

4. I am totally checking out that blog you recommended. I need advice all the time ahhah (and link-up’s can’t hurt either!!)

Have a great day!

I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels that way about Google+! I’ve heard that about the ending of HIMYM – I’m curious!

If you like documentaries at all you should watch 30 for 30: the price of gold. It’s really interesting!

And the best cookies are definitely double chocolate chocolate chip cookies!

I loved Revenge the first couple seasons, then I was over it pretty quickly. I’ve heard that about HIMYM – I will let you know!

13. Megan Little says

I love love love the show Bones!

I would take any cookie.

Have a awesome time seeing friends!

I have Google+ and I try to post things on it regularly…but ya, I don’t really have any idea what I’m doing.
    Hmmm….cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip is my favourite, but white chocolate and macadamia is up there…so are peanut butter cookies…and regular chocolate chip….I just don’t discriminate when it comes to cookies ;-)

And I will see you tomorrow!! :-D

My stance on Google+: I don’t understand it or see it’s necessity so it’s overrated ;). You can tell I like to simplify things. Maybe I’ll change my mind in the future but I can’t say I fancied adding another social media site to my online playgrounds – there’s only so much time in the day.
    While I can’t say we had any kind of heatwave over here what came to mind were cold Burrito Bowls – or would that be Burrito salads when using chilled ingredients?? Think kind of Chipotle Rice Bowls only precooking the rice and then assembling everything quickly at night. It’s about time for dinner over here and now I wish I’d prepared some brown rice…
    On the note of Blend: Enjoy it as well as catching up with your BFF!

I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels the same way about Google+! Great idea on the chilled burrito bowls/salads!

16. Holly says

Ooh I love no bakes!! I actually think of them as a christmas cookie because my mom makes them at Christmas time…lol….

Suits is another good series! We got caught up on Netflix and now can’t wait for the new season!!

Hmm, I’m not much of a cookie fan but I really LOVE no bakes for some reason. Those look so yummy! Plus I’m starving right now.

I’m with you on Google +, maybe I need to come around on it but for now, my existing social media is overwhelming me. :)

Ohhh my gosh, I was raised on those no-bake cookies. TO DIE FOR. I think I’d take them over chocolate chip cookies, BUT I did once have a no-bake cookie at my old job that was terrible. (Didn’t think that was possible previously!!)

I hope you have a wonderful time at Blend! I’ll be over here in Wisconsin, jealous and crying! haha :)

And great find on the tray!! I would never have guessed you’d find something like that at Hobby Lobby.

Dying over Hunter’s cuteness. Little man likes spaghetti? ;-) As far as TV shows go, if you love action/suspense/drama we LOVE The Blacklist, Motive, and Crisis. Not sure if they’re on Netflix, but may be on Hulu+ ? You’d have to check and see.

As far as google+ goes, I don’t know anyone who uses it and don’t see it’s benefit for any of my purposes, so until I see a way I need/can use it, I think I’m out!

20. Katie says

I LOVE that cookie picture with Hunter in the background hehe so stinkin’ cute! What kinda cookie that should win? Something with cookie dough, loads of chocolate & nut butter ;) Lately I haven’t been in the mood to cook either with the heat, so the grill always wins!

Okay, STOP IT. First of all, your little spaghetti monster is THE CUTEST. Seriously, that grin! I die! Second, I loooove Janae,and am slightly jealous that you’ve met her. ;) She’s one of the first blogs I started reading, even though I’m not even a “runner” (I’m going to start soon though, yay!). And lastly, thank you so so so much for sharing about my link up!!! You’re just the best. So glad we’re blogging besties!

xo

Oh man! How do you even choose between chocolate chip cookies and no bakes?? Both so yummy!! We’ve been watching the Office and Psych on Netflix. And I have no idea what Google+ is either so, don’t worry, you’re not alone. :p