1. Oh my, these cookies. (I used THIS recipe except I used peanut butter instead of almond butter.)
I seriously have no self-control with these babies. Peanut butter, butter, chocolate, sugar, and oats all in one lump of a cookie. It really can’t get much better than that. Cody and I were debating last night as to whether no-bake cookies or chocolate chip cookies (his all-time favorite food) would win for first place in a cookie competition. I decided they tied; he argued chocolate chip cookies always win. I’m usually not a person that’s OK with “ties” because of my competitive nature, but no-bake cookies and chocolate chip cookies are a fair tie in my book.
2. OK, so I have to tell you about this fun new link-up that my blogger friend, Katie is doing! I stumbled across her blog about a month ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. She’s basically the cutest thing ever and teaches me how to dress myself. She’s also very passionate about working toward a healthy lifestyle, so she’s creating a Healthy Habits link-up party on Thursdays for bloggers to link-up to one of their favorite healthy living posts from the week. It can be related to anything healthy living related – fitness posts, healthy recipes, workout clothes, you name it. Even better, if you tweet about the link-up, share the link to her post, and tag Katie (@katiedid_what), you’ll be entered in to win a $25 gift card to Amazon! She also has other fun prizes for random participants in weeks to come. Sounds fun, huh?! You have nothing to lose if you link-up – it’s basically a win-win for everyone! The link-up starts TODAY, so head on over to her blog and link-up your post!
3. Blend, Blend, Blend is on the brain! I’m so stinkin’ excited I can barely stand it! To meet so many of you in person will be such a treat. I’ve actually only ever met a few other bloggers in person before – Chelsey, Katie, Annette, and Janae. So this will be super fun to officially meet and hang out with so many amazing people that I’ve been in contact with via the internet.
4. I’m also really looking forward to spending the second half of Sunday and all day Monday with one of my Utah BFFs, Jessica. I decided to stay one extra day to spend some quality time with her, and I know we’ll have the best time. She’s basically my soul sister, so how could we not? I’m still convincing her that she needs to move to AZ. You’ll be tan all year long, Jess!
5. I found THE perfect tray for our dining room table. I’ve been looking high and low for one since we moved in, and I finally found what I was envisioning! I randomly came across it at Hobby Lobby yesterday, and it was 50% off – SCORE! I love when that happens.
6. We are still working through How I Met Your Mother episodes on Netflix, and I’m still loving (most of) the episodes. Considering we’ve been going through the show for the past 4-5 months now, I have a feeling I’m going to be pretty sad when Marshall, Lily, Barney, Robin, and Ted are no longer a part of my life every evening. To prep myself, I’m already thinking of the next show we’ll watch. I’ve heard lots of great things about Scandal, but that’s all I have so far. Any other ideas?!
7. I cooked spaghetti for dinner last night, and although it was good, I don’t think a pasta dinner will be happening again any time in the near future. It is WAY too hot for a meal like that around here during the summer months. By the time I was done cooking, I was sweating up a storm and it didn’t even sound that appealing to me. I guess it was a good thing Hunter was on board and loved it…
8. I’m trying to understand the whole Google+ thing. I regularly get emails saying that so-and-so added me on Google+, and I have NO idea what that means. Apparently it’s similar to Facebook or something? Do we really need another social media platform? I feel like I can barely keep up with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and my good ol’ email, let alone more.
9. Today will consist of packing and getting some last minute blog stuff done before I head over to my parents’ house for the night. I have an earlier flight tomorrow morning, so I figured it’d be easier to just spend the night and then my mama is taking me to the airport. Lots of mixed emotions are going on – excitement about seeing so many pretty faces, anxiety about leaving Hunter behind, and some nostalgia heading back to Utah. I didn’t think it’d really affect me, but going back to Utah this soon after our move is a little bittersweet for me. Anyways, I’ll catch ya on the flipside!
What kind of cookie do YOU think should win a cookie competition?
Netflix show recommendations? Anyone seen Scandal?
Dinner suggestions that are appealing in the heat of the summer?
Please inform me on the Google+ thing!?