06/19/14: Thursday Thoughts

1. I’m currently sitting in our new recliner right under the fan in a totally peaceful house while Hunter naps. Ahhhh. This thing makes me want to fall asleep every time I sit in it, so we’ll see if I can manage to stay awake while I’m typing away my thoughts to you.

2. I went to the dentist yesterday to check out what I thought was a worsened crack tooth. I’ve had the crack for a couple years now, but I thought it recently got worse since my tooth started to become sensitive to cold the last couple weeks. I discovered it actually was a totally different tooth that most likely lost some of it’s filling, therefore it’s exposing the nerve making it more sensitive. We didn’t do much to it because Hunter was ready to be done chillin’ in his stroller (he was a super good sport for the hour we were there though), but my dentist believes I’ll most likely eventually need a root canal on it so I’m trying to decide if I should do that or just get it pulled?! Since it’s my very back tooth, it’s tempting to just get it pulled, and it’s a very small fraction of the cost of a root canal. Both make me cringe though!

3. I’ve bought and returned three different lamps for the end table in our living room. Ha! I let them sit for a few days and then realize I don’t like it. Cody thinks it’s hilarious when he comes home from work to see a new lamp every few days. I think I finally found our winner though! Even better – it was the cheapest of all three! Love it when that happens.

Capture

4. As much as I loved Blend Retreat and my Body Pump Initial Training, I’m welcoming this upcoming low key weekend with open arms. It’s been a crazy last couple weeks, so a weekend with my boys sounds just about perfect.

5. Cody had a big test to get his insurance license yesterday and he PASSED! Wahooooo! Another big thing checked off the list. No more evenings and weekends studying! Yay!

6. I swear Hunter is a nonstop eating and pooping machine. He’s obviously getting plenty to eat. Where is all the food going?! He’s still my little skinny minny! I can only guess it’s from his daddy and his crazy fast metabolism. It doesn’t hurt that the kid is ALWAYS moving! I’m curious to see how much he’s grown at his 15 month check-up in a couple weeks!

7. I got asked to help launch BODYPUMP 90 at my gym next weekend! I am SO stoked and feel so honored that I got asked to help. I’ll be doing the warm up, squats, chest, and possibly shoulders tracks. Should be fun!

8. Love yourself!

Capture

9. I’m so distraught. In an effort to save a little money, we decided to try to cut Hunter’s hair ourselves. (I cut Cody’s hair all the time.) I don’t know what I was thinking, but I put too short of a cover on the clippers thing and I buzzed his hair!!!! Of course he’s still adorable, but his beautiful hair is buzzed off. I almost cried. I know, I know, hair grows back, but still… So, the next time you see Hunter (or a photo of him), please tell me how much you love his hair just to make me feel better, k? Winking smile

10. Today is mission scrub the house day over here. After being in Utah for Blend, getting sick last week, and then having my BODYPUMP training, our house needs some major attention. I’m crankin’ the tunes and getting to work! Catch ya later!

Thinking-Out-Loud2

Thanks for the link-up Amanda!

Have you ever had a root canal and/or a tooth pulled?! Is one worse than the other?

What is on your agenda for today?

Tell me some of your random thoughts!

Comments

Oh please don’t get your tooth pulled! I work in the dental field and used to work in a root canal office. They’re painless to get done (should be) and then you still have your tooth :) (I also have a root canal) Haha just my two cents;)

2. Ashley says

Love the lamp and can’t wait to see Hunter’s new haircut! Just curious since I have a son close in age, is Hunter walking yet? Mine isn’t but I feel like we’re getting closer and closer everyday!! :)

Not quite! He takes 10ish steps at a time and then usually ends up falling and crawling. I’m sure it’ll be official soon though. He’s always been a little late on his physical developments, so I’m not too concerned, although I’m curious what the doctor says when we bring him for his check-up in a couple weeks. :)

Launching a new release is SO much fun!! That’s awesome that you get to participate. And I did the same thing with rugs for our front entry – I think I bought 4 and let them each sit for a few days (and wouldn’t let anyone walk on them!) until I decided I finally found the right one!

Oh my gosh, that picture of Hunter is too cute for words!

Random thought: I’m currently eating a cookies n’ cream Quest bar and am almost done with it and wishing I had another one. They’re SO good!

Awwww I’m sure his hair is fine, and it will grow back soon! The lamp story made me laugh! and I also have a tooth with a crack that we’re watching and will likely have to get a root canal… totally freaks me out!

I’ve had lots of teeth pulled, my mouth was over crowded before I had braces as a teenage. Root canel is meant to be horrible with lots of potential risks and then it might not even work! Defo get it pulled! I’m sitting here trying to eat lunch and I have three flies that won’t leave me alone!!! Officially the only thing I hate about summer!

I’ve never had a root canal but they definitely don’t sound like fun. I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled last year and it actually wasn’t as bad as people told me it would be. If you don’t go under anesthesia it takes 30 mins and you really don’t feel anything! :)

I just can’t… omg… let me scroll back up for a second. Ok back — that picture of Hunter is just too freaking cute.

Re: the root canal vs pulling thing… I would almost say go with pulling. Both are unpleasant, but I think root canals have a lot more risks associated with them since you’re essentially poisoning/killing off nerves. I’e had one, and while the recovery process or pain wasn’t TOO horrible, I’m still not sure if it didn’t give me some issues.

Congrats to Cody on passing his exam!!
    I’ve never had a tooth pulled, but I have had a root canal and it was not a pleasant experience AT ALL, However, in the end I think I would have rather gone through that then not have my tooth at all. Just my two cents!

10. Sherry says

I’m no expert, but I would opt to keep my molar if I were you. I had my first root canal last June on my back tooth and it wasn’t any big deal. I worried about the procedure for days on end leading up to it, but in reality, it was no different than getting a filling. I would have it done by an endodontist, not a dentist though. That’s what they specialize in. I was done in about an hour and never had any problems or pain. They gave me a prescription for both Motrin and Vicodin (and I took it for the first day or so) but I can’t say I needed it. I just took it so the pain wouldn’t start. It’s harder to get rid of pain than to prevent it. If you still lived here, I’d give you the name of my doctor in SLC. He was great!

Thanks Sherry! My main concern about getting it pulled is all my teeth shifting. My parents spent a ton of money on braces and such to get my mouth nice, and I’d hate to mess that up because otherwise I’ll be paying for orthodontics next time around. ;) I’ll probably end up opting for the root canal.

11. Kristen says

I had to get a root canal before and it really wasn’t a big deal. It was just the money part that stunk. If you have more questions about it, you can always text me! Just realized that I may not have remembered to text you back the other day … hmmm…

I’ve had a root canal before and while it is, of course, not the most fun thing in the world, it’s not that bad! I was worried about a lot of pain after but I didn’t have too much! Plus, it’s an excuse to eat froyo for dinner. :)

Reading about your teeth sent shivers down my spine…ouch. I would probably just get it pulled. I had all of my wisdom teeth pulled without anesthesia and it wasn’t bad at all.

Body Pump training sounds like so much fun! I can’t wait for the new release.

And I’m sure Hunter’s hair looks just fine. That cute little face can pull anything off!

14. Lauren says

My sister is a dental assistant to an endodontist. She says it depends on how bad the tooth is. If it’s a good tooth then keep it and get a root canal, but if it doesn’t have a good prognosis then pull it. Hope that helps :)

I need to do some cleaning myself over here, but not finding the motivation! Weekend come quickly!!!

I’ve never had a root canal, but I’ve had a tooth pulled and it really isn’t that bad. The numbing stuff is the worst part.

Great choice on the lamp! I bet Hunter’s hair is super cute – he’s so adorable that any hair style would look good on him. Random thoughts, huh?? Well, I’m running a half marathon a week from Saturday and I’m realizing I should probably make a running playlist for my ipod. :)

17. Katie says

No root canal…but I’ve had 4 permanent pulled (all at once, my jaw is small!) and then 4 wisdom teeth. Ugh… Agenda for the day: Workout, Laundry, Clean kitchen & haircut! Random thought… I’m going to my old roomies wedding this weekend in Minnesota & I Can’t wait! I haven’t seen them in over 3 years!! :)

18. Claire says

Omyword! Hunter with his four teeth showing =priceless!

Any tips for keeping the baby entertained while cleaning or do u do it during naps? My daughters been nonstop with the crawling and standing so its like a circus over here trying to clean with her ! You put something away and she takes three things out haha

Haha! I can relate! I try to rush around and do as much as I can while Hunter is napping or in his high chair eating (I just do things within eye shot of him). If I notice he’s being pretty content with his toys, then I’ll try to quickly squeeze in more stuff. But, I mostly focus on it during his naps. :)

Ok, Hunter is the cutest!!! Those little teeth and those big ole shoes and hat – too much! Ha!! I totally end up taking back 1/3 of everything I buy. I’m so indecisive! Enjoy your MUCH earned lazy, plan-free weekend! And congrats to Cody!

20. Amanda N says

I had a tooth pulled in middle school (it was a “baby” tooth that was a cavity that didn’t get filled due to a missed appointment and became abscessed.) Was not fun – they put enough Novocaine in me to pull like 10 teeth but I think the worst was the pulling sensation and the popping noise.

We gave my little one her first haircut this week – I was too scared so my mom did it…just trimmed her bangs some so they’re not in her eyes. She looks so much better!

I’ve done the same exact thing to Mason’s hair–devastating!! But then in a few weeks it’ll be back and you’ll be like “was I really that upset?” :) (Or at least that’s how I felt!)