Food lovers diet: what it is and what it does
The food lovers diet is supposed to be a no-diet weight loss plan where you can eat and drink most of the things you want. It can be used for a long-term diet.
The major goal is to lose at least three pounds or more per week, depending on the person.
Food lovers diet’s other main goal is to improve metabolism while still allowing the person to eat or drink your typical dietary taboos (alcohol, deep-fried foods, sugar-filled foods, etc.
The pros of using the food lovers diet
There are a few benefits to using this kind of diet. For instance:
- You get to eat most of the things you like while still losing some weight.
- It is safe for diabetics and heart conscious people to use.
- You do learn a couple of long-term healthy food habits regarding slow carbs vs. fast carbs, healthy fats, and how to balance carbs with lean protein.
- You won’t have to count calories or other diet measurements.
- No need to purchase any pre-packaged food.
- The diet meal plans are fairly straightforward and revolve around protein-carb combinations.
The cons of using the food lovers diet
Despite the pros of the food lovers diet, there are many cons to it as well. Some include:
- You don’t learn enough about nutrition.
- You don’t change any of your bad nutritional habits.
- You might not lose any weight.
- You have to pay for services.
- Some believe the company that brings you this diet plan is a scam.
- Customer service is confusing and not very friendly.
Food lovers diet review: is it worth it?
It may seem like a good idea at first, but this diet isn’t worth the money or the wasted effort. As the saying goes, “if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.” The food lovers diet has too many pitfalls to be worth doing.
You don’t learn good nutrition habits, so you end up changing nothing about the habits that made you gain weight in the first place. You end up wasting your hard-earned money, which is something no one ever wants to do.
You are better off looking elsewhere at other types of long-term healthy diets. The best recommendation is to research good nutrition habits, talk with your doctor about different types of diets and strive to replace bad food habits with good food habits.
Common complaints about the food lovers diet
Some of the biggest complaints with this diet are the customer service and billing. The company’s customer service representatives have, reportedly, treated many people poorly.
People often found they were being charged $64.87 quarterly for services that were supposedly free of charge.
The company’s site is vague about its services and too many dieters it felt like a scam.
The food lovers diet reviews seem to be a real hit for some and a miss for others. Many issues regarding the diet were found to be with the company and not so much the diet itself. All in all, this is not a good diet plan to use if you are trying to change your health habits.