Happy new week to you, my friends!
I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was a good mix of productivity, fun, and relaxation – just the way I like it. There’s not a whole lot to recap… We had a nice Friday evening with Cody’s parents; I taught an RPM® class, got a bunch of stuff done around the house, test drove several SUVs, and hung with friends on Saturday; went to church, started painting the baby’s dresser/changing table, and took a glorious nap on Sunday. I won’t lie, I’m a little sad the weekend is over!
Let’s kick off Monday on the right foot and chat some fitness today… As many of you regular readers know, I’m a group fitness instructor and teach several classes each week, including Les Mills RPM®, Les Mills BODYPUMP®, and Total Body Conditioning. Not only do I teach these classes, but they are some of my favorite workouts for myself too. This especially holds true during the hot summer months when exercising outdoors is not appealing in the least. Thank goodness for an air conditioned gym!
I find myself going back and forth to the gym a lot throughout the week. Because of this, a well stocked gym bag is key for me. I thought it’d be fun to share the ins and outs of my gym bag, because let’s be honest, we’re all a little nosy, right?
What’s in my gym bag…
- Wallet. I refuse to take both a purse and a gym bag with me to the gym, so I just stick my wallet in my gym bag and call it good.
- Microphone belt. This keeps the microphone pack in place and helps it not get all sweaty when us instructors are teaching. I love my Tune Belt!
- Screen protectors. There’s typically extra screen protectors at our gym, but I prefer to use my own since plenty of germs get passed back and forth on those things.
- A pair of Hunter’s socks. Our gym’s childcare requires kids to take off their shoes and wear socks in the play area, so I always have a pair of his socks on hand in case he’s wearing shoes that don’t require socks.
- Water bottle. A water bottle is always mandatory for me, especially when pregnant and in this Arizona heat.
- iPod. This is a definite must if I want to have any sort of music for my classes!
- Choreography. I don’t keep all of my choreography in my gym bag, but I keep a few releases in there just in case I need to quickly review them.
- Deck of cards. May seem a little random, but I promise they’re for good reason! I occasionally use my handy deck of cards to put my Total Body Conditioning participants through various workouts. I got this fun idea from Lindsay. It’s sure to provide a sweaty workout that’s far from boring.
- Dry erase marker. I use this to write workouts and/or motivational quotes on the mirror for my classes.
- Chapstick. It’s a must for me everywhere I go. I despise chapped lips!
- Watch. I always wear a digital watch when teaching to keep track of time, and to help me time my member’s circuits in Total Body Conditioning.
- Hand towel. Particularly during the summer months and when I’m pregnant, I sweat a LOT during my RPM® classes. I always make sure to pack a hand towel to help keep the sweat under control.
- Snacks for Hunter. It’s inevitable that when I pick up Hunter from childcare that he’ll ask me for a “nack!”, so I always have something in my gym bag for him to munch on until we get home.
- Snacks for me. If I’m teaching back to back classes and/or we have places to go after the gym, snacks on hand are a must for me. Hangry Ashley is no fun, trust me on this one. I try to keep my gym bag stocked with snacks particularly high in protein to help refuel my muscles and keep me satiated. One of my recent favorite high protein snacks to have in my gym bag is the brand new Jack Link’s Chicken Jerky.
It makes for pretty much the perfect gym bag snack since it’s portable and chalks in 11 grams of protein per serving. It’s also 98% fat free, is made of only white meat chicken breast, and is low in calories at only 80 calories per serving. It’s pretty tasty too, if I do say so myself.
Lucky for you, I have a pretty sweet giveaway to offer you today from Jack Link’s! The giveaway pack includes:
- Jack Link’s Chicken Jerky (Lean white meat chicken breast seasoned and marinated with cracked black pepper along with sweet and savory spices.)
- Jack Link’s Turkey Jerky (Solid strips of lean, white meat turkey breast seasoned and smoked over mesquite. This little beauty is 98% fat free. A perfect little something different.)
- Jack Link’s Sweet Teriyaki Turkey Jerky (Soy, ginger, a little onion and a whole lot of perfectly smoked turkey. The very best of East meets West.)
- Water bottle
- Sweat towel
- EOS lip balm
To enter, please use the widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on Friday, July 31, 2015 at midnight.
Cheers to snacking healthy and keeping active!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Jack Link’s.