***GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!!!***
Let it be known that it is HOT, HOT, HOT in the good ol’ AZ these days. No denying that one. We’re talking 115* (F) temps with lows in the 90s. Yup, I’m pretty much over it. Sadly, we still have a couple more months of it left. To survive, I rely on my A/C, fans, swimming, cooking on the grill (or not at all), ice cream, and lots and lots of SMOOTHIES!
To be honest, I don’t get too terribly creative with smoothies. I go through smoothie phases. Nothing new there. I’m known for my food phases. I’ll enjoy the same exact smoothie combo day in and day out for several weeks, and then switch it up and enjoy that one for another several weeks, and so on and so forth. It’s just what I do.
So! Since I’m smoothie obsessed lately (as is Hunter), I decided to share my most recent favorite smoothie!
Let’s break this down a bit.
- Skoop B-STRONG: This is a newer plant based protein powder that I am absolutely LOVING! It truly is one of the better tasting protein powders I’ve tried, and I love that it’s entirely plant based. It packs in 16 grams of protein per serving, including essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, prebiotic fibers, and Omega-3, 6, & 9 fatty acids.
- Spinach: I add about 2 large handfuls of spinach to my smoothie to get in some extra greens. I know the green color and/or idea of veggies in your smoothie can weird some people out, but I swear you can’t taste if you disguise it with sweeter fruits (i.e. banana, mangos, etc.) and/or protein powder.
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: I’m not too picky about the brand of almond milk, but I do prefer the unsweetened vanilla variety. The regular sweetened is TOO sweet for my smoothies since I already have the sweetness from fruit and protein powder.
- Matcha Powder: This is something new that I recently discovered. It doesn’t exactly taste great, so I love disguising it in my smoothies. Even though it isn’t the best tasting, it has amazing benefits that help give you all day energy, metabolism boost, increased focus, improved skin health, and lots and lots of antioxidants.
- Frozen fruit: I always add in a frozen banana and frozen berries (usually strawberries or blueberries).
It’s super tasty and PACKED with nutrients!
Now for the fun part – a giveaway! Yep, two giveaways in one week! Lucky you!
The giveaway is for a bag (approximately 30 servings) of Skoop B-STRONG protein powder. I initially discovered Skoop at Blend Retreat, and as I continue to try more of their products, I fall more and more in love with the company. You won’t be disappointed with this stuff.
In addition to the facts above, here’s a few more fun facts about the Skoop B-STRONG:
- It’s free of soy, dairy, and gluten
- No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors
- It’s designed to help your body absorb nutrients, build muscle, AND recover quickly
- The fatty acids in it aid in hormone function, healthy skin, and cellular repair, as well as help your gut absorb macro and phytonutrients.
- Prebiotics fibers are included to help protect our gut and make our bellies happy
- Plant-based antioxidant rich foods are added to help your cells recover faster from workouts
Basically, it’s a protein powder powerhouse! You really can’t go wrong with this stuff.
To enter this giveaway, tell me your favorite smoothie combo lately in the comments below!
For an extra entry, post this to Facebook or Twitter: I want to win some @HealthySkoop B-STRONG from @FoodNFitDiaries! Enter here: http://wp.me/p1R0eQ-3GD Don’t forget to comment below with your link to your Facebook or Twitter post!
Only open to U.S. residents. Giveaway will be closed at midnight on Wednesday, July 30, 2014. Winner will be randomly chosen and notified via email.
Disclosure: I was provided a bag of Skoop B-STRONG in exchange for this post. No compensation was received. All opinions are my own. Thanks for your support!